Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was reported somewhere that GM had a blue holdall with him for tennis that was also taken.GM denied ever taking one.
None of the sightings stated a holdall either , otherwise that would have been the golden piece of information.
Who knows why this was made up....

Back in Thread One, Cagney&Lacey put up a link about the blue holdall.
And I was wondering if it tied in with the scrap of blue cloth that was found on the bedspread that covered Madeleine.
The scrap of blue cloth has been playing on my mind a lot. What type of cloth was it? It must have been forensically examined.

I think that there has to be hold-back info in this case. Things that the police/McCanns know, but that the public doesn't know. Things that the perp would know, too.

This officially stamped photo shows the bag in the apartment cupboard. The McCann's spokesperson evasively said that 'everything the McCann's took to Portugal came home with them' ... (except Madeleine, of course. :( ).

Capture.JPG
Gerry McCann's tennis bag 'is focus of inquiry'

Last edited:
Unlikely. Smartphones didn’t really take off until the first iPhone was released (after MM vanished).

Some phones took photos and video but the quality was poor. I recall having a Nokia with a tiny screen around then, which took tiny pixelated photos...

People widely used separate stills cameras and video cameras in 2007.

People did widely use separate still cameras back then, and CB has also been reported to have had lots of expensive cameras and equipment that he “stole” back then too. BUT... 2007 was the year I went to university, and I had a smart phone that wasn’t an iPhone. It cost me £100, which is no big expense for a phone. It was fully touch-screen and had a decent enough camera for the time. It also had a memory card slot inbuilt, was my first 3G phone, and the first phone I could ever use as a “tether”.
It would have been very possible for CB to have a smart phone and record and send media in 2007.

Last edited:
Back in Thread One, Cagney&Lacey put up a link about the blue holdall.
And I was wondering if it tied in with the scrap of blue cloth that was found on the bedspread that covered Madeleine.
The scrap of blue cloth has been playing on my mind a lot. What type of cloth was it? It must have been forensically examined.

I think that there has to be hold-back info in this case. Things that the police/McCanns know, but that the public doesn't know. Things that the perp would know, too.

This officially stamped photo shows the bag in the apartment cupboard. The McCann's spokesperson evasively said that 'everything the McCann's took to Portugal came home with them' ... (except Madeleine, of course. :( ).

View attachment 251690
Gerry McCann's tennis bag 'is focus of inquiry'

I thought the blue scrap of cloth was part of the bed blanket that covered MM's bed.

Unlikely. Smartphones didn’t really take off until the first iPhone was released (after MM vanished).

Some phones took photos and video but the quality was poor. I recall having a Nokia with a tiny screen around then, which took tiny pixelated photos...

People widely used separate stills cameras and video cameras in 2007.

Well... I went to search what devices were popular in 2007 and what they were capable of... the iPhone came out that year and blackberry was pretty popular back then... I wonder what device he was using at the time?
The Evolution of Cell Phone Design Between 1983-2009

People did widely use separate still cameras back then, and CB has also been reported to have had lots of expensive cameras and equipment that he “stole” back then too. BUT... 2007 was the year I went to university, and I had a smart phone that wasn’t an iPhone. It cost me £100, which is no big expense for a phone. It was fully touch-screen and had a decent enough camera for the time. It was also “Android”, and had a memory card slot inbuilt. It was my first 3G phone, and the first phone I could ever use as a “tether”.
It would have been very possible for CB to have a smart phone and record and send media in 2007.

Yes, I didn’t mean to suggest it wasn’t possible. Just pretty unlikely in May 2007, especially for making and uploading a video. A separate camera was the norm.

I thought the blue scrap of cloth was part of the bed blanket that covered MM's bed.

I did see that "it comes from the bedspread that covered Madeleine". And wasn't sure if that meant part of the bedspread or found on the bedspread.
I haven't got through all the back threads yet. Maybe more is discussed about it in those threads.

It interests me due to the blue fleece found in a dumped bag.

Bag of clothes dumped near Portugal airport shows DNA links to Maddie | Daily Mail Online

Yes, I didn’t mean to suggest it wasn’t possible. Just pretty unlikely in May 2007, especially for making and uploading a video. A separate camera was the norm.

100%. A digital camera was the norm in 2007.
... A digital camera with a memory card. A memory card that could be placed into a laptop, desktop, hard drive ... Or phone.

Camera phones were used as far back as 2004. My friend recently found an old device of hers and sent me photographs taken of my niece on her 1st Christmas. She was born Aug 2004 X

Bungling London police FAILED to forward two letters to Maddie McCann's parents | Daily Mail Online

Has this been posted here, yet?
I checked back the last few pages, and didn't see it....

・Kate and Gerry McCann rubbished claims they'd been sent notes by authorities
・German prosecutor says they went to Scotland Yard, who failed to pass them on

This is terrible.

1st posting thanks
- I was going to post it but thought, naaaa it's the DM stirring things up again ;)

I did see that "it comes from the bedspread that covered Madeleine". And wasn't sure if that meant part of the bedspread or found on the bedspread.
I haven't got through all the back threads yet. Maybe more is discussed about it in those threads.

It interests me due to the blue fleece found in a dumped bag.

Bag of clothes dumped near Portugal airport shows DNA links to Maddie | Daily Mail Online

Regarding this article you link, wait a minute here, in 2007 they found children's clothing that may have had MM's DNA on it, along with adult clothing, but the tests in 2007 weren't conclusive? Does anyone know if there was ever a more recent conclusion regarding this potential evidence?

Regarding this article you link, wait a minute here, in 2007 they found children's clothing that may have had MM's DNA on it, along with adult clothing, but the tests in 2007 weren't conclusive? Does anyone know if there was ever a more recent conclusion regarding this potential evidence?

I'm googling as this is the first I've ever heard of this potential evidence, but I cannot find anything else to substantiate that these items were found!?

I'm googling as this is the first I've ever heard of this potential evidence, but I cannot find anything else to substantiate that these items were found!?

Apparently News of the World were among the first to report on it, back on 5th November 2007.

This is from the Evening Standard .....
"The white carrier bag was discovered in a layby two weeks ago near Faro airport, according to a report in the News of the World.
Kate and Gerry McCann have since been informed of its contents."
Bag of clothes dumped near Portugal airport shows DNA links to Maddie

Not sure if this has been posted but just some info about his arrest, which the Italian media described as “almost an accident.”

CB was hiding in Italy in 2018. He went to the German embassy to report his passport had been stolen. He was picked up by the Milan police when he stepped out onto the street.

A European arrest warrant had been issued for him only 9 days earlier, for drug trafficking (not rape). The Italians weren’t aware he was wanted in connection with anything else. The article assumes CB didn’t know a European arrest warrant had recently been issued.

Il sospettato per la scomparsa di Maddie McCann fu arrestato a Milano, nel 2018

Not sure if this has been posted but just some info about his arrest, which the Italian media described as “almost an accident.”

CB was hiding in Italy in 2018. He went to the German embassy to report his passport had been stolen. He was picked up by the Milan police when he stepped out onto the street.

A European arrest warrant had been issued for him only 9 days earlier, for drug trafficking (not rape). The Italians weren’t aware he was wanted in connection with anything else. The article assumes CB didn’t know a European arrest warrant had recently been issued.

Il sospettato per la scomparsa di Maddie McCann fu arrestato a Milano, nel 2018
How do you translate a webpage to English does anyone know? Or do I have to copy and paste it all into google translate?

How do you translate a webpage to English does anyone know? Or do I have to copy and paste it all into google translate?

You can translate a link. My Italian is a bit rough but I can post the whole article translation. Not sure it’s allowed, though?

I mentioned all the salient points. This is the extradition he’s fighting in relation to the 2019 rape conviction. He’s arguing they brought him back only on the drug charges so it isn’t valid.

Not a lawyer but this seems ... dumb. What happens then ... they let him out, immediately re-arrest him on German soil and re-try the 2005 rape case again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim