Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you translate a webpage to English does anyone know? Or do I have to copy and paste it all into google translate?

There should be a translate icon in the search bar, top right hand side on the left of the bookmark star after you have clicked onto the article? I have google chrome.
Otherwise copy and paste yes.

Regarding this article you link, wait a minute here, in 2007 they found children's clothing that may have had MM's DNA on it, along with adult clothing, but the tests in 2007 weren't conclusive? Does anyone know if there was ever a more recent conclusion regarding this potential evidence?

I have searched all the threads for mention of the adult jeans (found in the bag) or the airport (where the bag was found near) but I am not finding any info in my searches. Perhaps this hasn't been already discussed or sleuthed more in the threads about Brueckner?

It would be interesting to know more. Was the adult clothing the size worn by Brueckner? What was the result of DNA tests on all of the stains found on the jeans? Was the bag planted there to make it seem that Madeleine was flown out of the country ... a decoy? Are the results of any testing on the adult clothes a part of any hold-back info?
So many questions ....

Another Italian article re CB’s 2018 arrest (translation link below).

Extra info is that CB said he’d come from Switzerland and just arrived in Italy. Claimed he’d lost his wallet and passport. German embassy staff called Milan police when it alerted to an arrest warrant. Police told them to act normal. Staff pretended everything was fine and that if he came back in 30 minutes they could give him documents. Meanwhile, the police positioned themselves outside. CB stepped out, Italian police swooped.

Good work by all involved ...

Google Translate

But he had a video of the old lady he raped in 2005!
He showed such a video using his phone, many years later. He could well have been accessing it from dropbox-type online storage, or even from a dark web site, to display.
In fact I think the evidence from that victim even states that he spent some time setting up a video camera (sorry, don't have time to check back through all the threads for a link).

He showed such a video using his phone, many years later. He could well have been accessing it from dropbox-type online storage, or even from a dark web site, to display.
In fact I think the evidence from that victim even states that he spent some time setting up a video camera (sorry, don't have time to check back through all the threads for a link).

There’s any number of ways. The Dropbox and weblink as you state... A memory card like I previously mentioned... Even emailing the video as an attachment to himself. That way it doesn’t need to be saved and is always available to him on any device so long as he can access his emails.

ETA - Complete tangent because it’s late and I can’t sleep and alcohol :p

A concrete suspicion? :confused:

In the sense of 'solid', I would say, rather than as abstract speculative suspicion. So a suspicion based on real evidence of some kind (eg video from the USB, extra details in the bar room confession that haven't been publicly released) rather than something vague & hypothetical (such as 'he seems the sort & he was in the area').

In the sense of 'solid', I would say, rather than as abstract speculative suspicion. So a suspicion based on real evidence of some kind (eg video from the USB, extra details in the bar room confession that haven't been publicly released) rather than something vague & hypothetical (such as 'he seems the sort & he was in the area').

They don’t have the evidence required under German law. Either none, but probably some but not enough to convict. It seems that the German laws require absolute proof. Nothing less. Maybe they need a body? Or testimony from the victim. Circumstantial evidence is not enough under German law. That’s how I’m interpreting the requirement. No juries, but rather a panel of judges. German citizens might be able to comment here.

ETA - Complete tangent because it’s late and I can’t sleep and alcohol :p

Not really a tangent... @haden's point was useful for getting us thinking around the technology issues. For instance CB might claim he couldn't have created the footage because the phone he had then wasn't powerful enough... but we've seen how that argument can be demolished.

(sleep, alcohol, ditto!)

Not really a tangent... @haden's point was useful for getting us thinking around the technology issues. For instance CB might claim he couldn't have created the footage because the phone he had then wasn't powerful enough... but we've seen how that argument can be demolished.

(sleep, alcohol, ditto!)

Very true, Loobyloo. Perhaps that’s how loose ends around cases like this get solved - insomniacs on the drink hashing out the finer points :rolleyes:

You can translate a link. My Italian is a bit rough but I can post the whole article translation. Not sure it’s allowed, though?

I mentioned all the salient points. This is the extradition he’s fighting in relation to the 2019 rape conviction. He’s arguing they brought him back only on the drug charges so it isn’t valid.

Not a lawyer but this seems ... dumb. What happens then ... they let him out, immediately re-arrest him on German soil and re-try the 2005 rape case again?

I would think that as long as the extradition was valid for the drug charges, which occurred on German soil, committed in Germany, if he’s on German soil and gets arrested for another crime, it’s a “good” arrest. Germany will hold him and try him for the second crime even if committed in another country bc he is a German citizen. He’d be tried under Germany’s sovereign laws. Basically, he belongs to Germany. Germany “owns” him, or any of its citizens, for purposes of legal proceedings. Probably other reasons, as well.

I’d like to think the emoji in my message conveyed that it was in jest but perhaps not :rolleyes:

(Irish here, by the way. Please assume from here on in that I’m trying but failing to be funny in 99% of my messages. Many thanks)

You were very funny, Betty Boop. But I can not stand a warm pint of anything, least of all, ale. Euk.

Oddly enough I was reading about Mr Cruel today. It's possible people like CB are also taping things? Mr Cruel - Wikipedia

Mr Cruel is believed to have videotaped or perhaps taken still photographs of his attacks. Detectives believe that if he is still alive, he will have kept the tapes and/or photos and will still collect, and possibly swap, child *advertiser censored*. They say he almost certainly continues to collect *advertiser censored* through the internet and may communicate with children using chat lines.[13] He plans his crimes – for example, in one case he abducted a girl and told her he would release her in exactly 50 hours, and he did

I would think that as long as the extradition was valid for the drug charges, which occurred on German soil, committed in Germany, if he’s on German soil and gets arrested for another crime, it’s a “good” arrest. Germany will hold him and try him for the second crime even if committed in another country bc he is a German citizen. He’d be tried under Germany’s sovereign laws. Basically, he belongs to Germany. Germany “owns” him, or any of its citizens, for purposes of legal proceedings. Probably other reasons, as well.

It has something to do with the European Arrest Warrant. CB seems to have consented rather than fighting extradition from Italy. But his consent was to returning to Germany to serve a 6 year drug trafficking sentence.

It’s a safeguard to stop countries from getting their citizens back, then charging them with something else. Some less savoury governments undoubtedly abuse the warrant system this way.

It just seems ridiculous in this case when he’s already been found guilty of the subsequent rape charge. I assume it comes down to whether the German authorities intended to charge him with rape in Sep 2018 and left it off the warrant. Technically that would be a no-no.

That's a long list yes but.....it's all circumstantial and refusing to answer police questions is a legal right in Germany. It cannot be taken an admission of guilt.

Also, 'seen staring at the apartment' has not been confirmed, neither have his finances which could easily come from drugs and stealing, which are confirmed behaviours. And the van roof? What's that going to be evidence of?
Actually, I read earlier on this thread one of the witness statements by a preteen witness who seemed to be very clear and observant.
Oh your joking. What a complete farce this has been :(

Bungling London police FAILED to forward two letters to Maddie McCann's parents | Daily Mail Online

Has this been posted here, yet?
I checked back the last few pages, and didn't see it....

・Kate and Gerry McCann rubbished claims they'd been sent notes by authorities
・German prosecutor says they went to Scotland Yard, who failed to pass them on

This is terrible.
WHY didnt they pass them along?! Error or disagreement with letter lol.

Last edited:
I have searched all the threads for mention of the adult jeans (found in the bag) or the airport (where the bag was found near) but I am not finding any info in my searches. Perhaps this hasn't been already discussed or sleuthed more in the threads about Brueckner?

It would be interesting to know more. Was the adult clothing the size worn by Brueckner? What was the result of DNA tests on all of the stains found on the jeans? Was the bag planted there to make it seem that Madeleine was flown out of the country ... a decoy? Are the results of any testing on the adult clothes a part of any hold-back info?
So many questions ....
Never heard of this either! I would think if the clothes had been M's that her parents would have recognized them though. I honestly don't think it was a decoy, but if related, more of a blunder.

Yes, I know. My comment was purely tongue in cheek about the phrase, thoug . There had been so much debate about his use of words, and how he contradicted himself. He then made a statement to "clarify" things, but used another contradictory phrase to do so

Also. I am seeing a clear scar on his face too. Hopefully LE are seeing it. Esp if the scar has faded now but was visible then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigi2023