Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both English-speaking too. Is that just because he didn’t really speak Portuguese?
Could just be a case of his penchant for targetting holidaymakers, or more specifically holiday accomodation (One of the women in the rape video was Italian I believe). There's an unkown level of security in someone's home whereas a hotel's security is pretty easy to work out and establish with the added benefit of being able to case it out without raising too many eyebrows.

I know it's been mentioned there had been an attempted burglary in another apartment at the Ocean Club not long before MM's visit and I'm sure I heard about others in the Ocean club. I wonder if whether any of these other assaults took place in buildings that had been identified as lax targets by burglars (either CB or his associates)? Seems strange no CCTV footage exists in any of these attacks.

Was she on the ground floor? You'd think he'd want to target somehwere he could get to quickly and with minimal exposure of being seen.
she must have been in a pretty easy to find room as she mentions the kids would come knocking on her door.

she also mentioned the attacker's shoes were left outside on the balcony. although CB has bragged about climbing to first floor windows.
her comment about wet footprints makes me think there was grass close by. which narrows it down, as most of that complex is concrete.

PF is the older lady that lived directly above the McCann's holiday apartment. She was heavyset and elderly.

P.J. POLICE FILES: MRS PAMELA FENN STATEMENT
She claims however, that a week previously she was the victim of an attempted robbery, which was not successful and neither was anything taken, thinking that the crying of the child could be linked to another attempted robbery in the residence.

P.J. POLICE FILES: STEFAN KOTSEV TODOROV
He said that one week before the incident, there had been a robbery (assault) in a room in the lots next to the restaurant, a fact he knows from his colleagues.

P.J. POLICE FILES: MARIA DA GRACA GUERREIRO ALAO GONCALVES
She says that as far as she can remember, during the years that she has worked at the resort, she knows of some thefts from inside the apartments and most recently on 16th April 2007 there was a theft from an apartment in Block 5 L, from where a plasma display screen, credit cards and a mobile phone belonging to the respective guests were taken.
As far as she knows, as she prepared the papers for the insurance company, the theft took place at the end of the day and according to the guests the event happened when they had left for dinner after completing check in and having left their suitcases in the apartment.

P.J. POLICE FILES: BOAT MOVEMENTS BETWEEN 1/5 AND 7/5/07

CASES FROM THE LAST TWO MONTHS
THEFTS:

MARCH
NUIPC 370/07.0 PAPTM
Location – Theft in restaurant – Praia do Vau
Date: 01-03-2007
Result of theft: 150 Euros in cash.

NUIPC 83/07.2 GCPTM
Place – Theft in restaurant – Praia da Alvor
Date: 03/-03-2007
Result of theft: 150 Euros in cash

NUIPC 85/07.9 GCPTM
Place: Theft of a suitcase in Praia da Alvor
Nationality of victim – Swiss citizen
Date: 04-03-2007

NUIPC 5/070. MAPTM
Date: 09-03-2007
Result of theft: material damage and theft of foodstuffs

NUIPC 469/07.2 PAPTM
Date: 15-03-2007
Result of theft: theft of documents and mobile phone

APRIL

NUIPC 178/07.2 GOPTM
Date: 30-04-2007
Result of theft: theft of GPS and radar

MAY

NUIPC 8/07.5 MAPTM
Date: 08-05-2007
Result of theft: theft of clothing, glasses, etc.

This Sunday Times reporter travelled to Braunschweig and spoke to the prosecutor. He said the Germans have identified break-ins committed by CB in PdL and Lagos leading up to MM.

He also said their “working theory” is a tip off from an OC staff member or ex staff member to CB. I can’t tell if German LE directly told him that part or he’s making some assumptions.

19 Jun podcast report Stories of our times | The Times and The Sunday Times

I didn't create the writing on this picture so I hope the apartment numbers/letters are accurate. If they are accurate, Block 5 L is on the third floor.

Attachments

• Blk 5.png
    Blk 5.png
    348.8 KB · Views: 45
Was she on the ground floor? You'd think he'd want to target somehwere he could get to quickly and with minimal exposure of being seen.

Good thinking. Usually in these resorts seasonal workers are put in the “undesirable” accommodation that they can’t put paying guests in, at a big discount. Ground floor is usually the go-to, as holiday makers like rooms at a height so they have privacy and a view.

IIRC, Andy Redwood stated that the gate to apartment 5C, is where Pamela Fenn's niece saw the man acting suspicious with the gate on May 3, 2007. However, in her own statement in the PJ files she sounds like she is describing the gate to apartment 5B where the Oldfield's were staying.

This Sunday Times reporter travelled to Braunschweig and spoke to the prosecutor. He said the Germans have identified break-ins committed by CB in PdL and Lagos leading up to MM.

He also said their “working theory” is a tip off from an OC staff member or ex staff member to CB. I can’t tell if German LE directly told him that part or he’s making some assumptions.

19 Jun podcast report Stories of our times | The Times and The Sunday Times

Interesting, because via the Derek F sighting, on the date of May 2 or May 3, 2007 (he couldn't remember exactly which date) he noticed a man in a yellow shirt standing across from the reception area staring in and around the direction of a white van which was parked across the street beside the McCann's holiday apartment. He said the older van (which he described as similar to an opel corsa) was near to the side gate that gave access to the McCann's patio doors.

Regarding the yellow shirt, some workers from the Ocean Club wore yellow shirts.

Attachments

• TapasEm.jpg
    TapasEm.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 44
It's the same, I think. It's meant to be a funny image as it ridicules a person for getting upset/angry over something trivial or non-existent.

Sorry, but it wasn't about this saying at all.....it was about a joke wishing CB out of isolation (so somebody could kill him) somehow I can understand that and see the "black" humor of it...what I like (I tried to tell a story about a perp who abducted my niece, she survived, became a child killer afterwards and had "an accident" in jail) but everybody was focused on this stupid saying, that wasn't the thing at all, and the football matches, so I deleted it. But still I disapprove wishing somebody dead, in general, but in this particular case...I want him to talk...when he is dead he can't talk ever again...........I really get tired of this whole thing.....So I'm not getting angry or upset by something trivial, simply because for me it isn't trivial at all.

Last edited:
Good thinking. Usually in these resorts seasonal workers are put in the “undesirable” accommodation that they can’t put paying guests in, at a big discount. Ground floor is usually the go-to, as holiday makers like rooms at a height so they have privacy and a view.
HB mentioned she ran down the corridor, then specifically not wanting to take the lift, ran down the stairs. and was then carried towards reception, after the ordeal.
about the attacker she mentions 'he took his shoes off at the balcony door'. but she also said at the end the attacker "backed out of the room, and ran out to the road fully dressed". room maybe had a low level balcony.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
that corner apt would be a very undesirable room for paying guests, furthest from the reception, overlooking a fully enclosed car park.
if HB was at the very end apt, it means no one would be walking along the internal corridor past her door. isolated, similar to apt5A and MBM. and moving HB further into the apt, away from the bedroom, attacker limits anything being seen through the patio window. lots of car parking spaces at that side road which is a cul-de-sac. if attacker had a car parked close.
interesting that in the google maps overhead view there is a big tree outside. on the close up there is no tree and a street lamp.

this attack sounds reckless, but with detailed planning maybe not so difficult to get in and out unnoticed after all.

Sorry, but it wasn't about this saying at all.....it was about a joke wishing CB out of isolation (so somebody could kill him) somehow I can understand that (I tried to tell a story about a perp who abducted my niece, she survived, became a child killer afterwards and had "an accident" in jail) but everybody was focused on this stupid saying, that wasn't the thing at all, and the football matches, so I deleted it. But still I disapprove wishing somebody dead, in general, but in this particular case...I want him to talk...when he is dead he can't talk ever again...........I really get tired of this whole thing.....So I'm not getting angry or upset by something trivial, simply because for me it isn't trivial at all.
I am mystified by this reply. I responded to your post which quoted my earlier post about the phrase, that is all.
Oh well, no matter. Carry on.

I am mystified by this reply. I responded to your post which quoted my earlier post about the phrase, that is all.
Oh well, no matter. Carry on.

Maybe you should respond to the content....I'm not "after you". The content namely does matter. Peace.

Bit of hope, so sorry about what your niece went through and then it must have been horrific to see what a monster he was after. This thread can be triggers. I read about CB crawling in apartments at 3am and couldn’t sleep for hours, yet I can read about other worse stuff without it rattling me so much.

HB mentioned she ran down the corridor, then specifically not wanting to take the lift, ran down the stairs. and was then carried towards reception, after the ordeal.
about the attacker she mentions 'he took his shoes off at the balcony door'. but she also said at the end the attacker "backed out of the room, and ran out to the road fully dressed". room maybe had a low level balcony.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
that corner apt would be a very undesirable room for paying guests, furthest from the reception, overlooking a fully enclosed car park.
if HB was at the very end apt, it means no one would be walking along the internal corridor past her door. isolated, similar to apt5A and MBM. and moving HB further into the apt, away from the bedroom, attacker limits anything being seen through the patio window. lots of car parking spaces at that side road which is a cul-de-sac. if attacker had a car parked close.
interesting that in the google maps overhead view there is a big tree outside. on the close up there is no tree and a street lamp.

this attack sounds reckless, but with detailed planning maybe not so difficult to get in and out unnoticed after all.
Due to the slope of the road, those first floor apartments at the rear of the building are almost at ground level, pretty easy to climb up onto for most people, let alone a prolific burglar. Good spot.

Bit of hope, so sorry about what your niece went through and then it must have been horrific to see what a monster he was after. This thread can be triggers. I read about CB crawling in apartments at 3am and couldn’t sleep for hours, yet I can read about other worse stuff without it rattling me so much.

I've been a WS member since 2016, before that I researched a lot of European cases. So it's not that I'm a softy or overly emotional. I'm into unidentified victims, saw horrendous PM pictures and read unbelievable harsh stories and it didn't get me upset...makes me sad now and then...that's it. I can handle the horrible stuff going on in this case..no problem...Sometimes it's hard to express yourself, especially in a "main stream" case like this. The only thing that is rattling me is the going nowhere conversations and the misunderstanding.

Could just be a case of his penchant for targetting holidaymakers, or more specifically holiday accomodation (One of the women in the rape video was Italian I believe). There's an unkown level of security in someone's home whereas a hotel's security is pretty easy to work out and establish with the added benefit of being able to case it out without raising too many eyebrows.

I know it's been mentioned there had been an attempted burglary in another apartment at the Ocean Club not long before MM's visit and I'm sure I heard about others in the Ocean club. I wonder if whether any of these other assaults took place in buildings that had been identified as lax targets by burglars (either CB or his associates)? Seems strange no CCTV footage exists in any of these attacks.

I wonder if the transient targets are just because he’s less likely to ever see them again. Plus the chances of a tourist feeling comfortable with foreign police aren’t great, and there’s more room for *advertiser censored*-ups lost in translation.

There had been reports that "older ladies" had paid CB for sex, that suggests he worked as a Gigolo too.

Not all women are manipulated by psychopaths, usually they are the ones who have clear personal boundaries themselves.
Perhaps the ladies who were raped paid no attention to his 'charm' and were dismissive of him - the lack of attention and rejection would have made him feel humiliated and would have angered him. imo

It's very common for his type of profile (from what we have seen on CB) is to have had a punitive Mother and permissive, submissive Father, but that of course is just speculation atm.

Last edited:
I wonder if the transient targets are just because he’s less likely to ever see them again. Plus the chances of a tourist feeling comfortable with foreign police aren’t great, and there’s more room for *advertiser censored*-ups lost in translation.
Add to that people letting their guard down as they relax and have a good time.

On a more practical note, this is where the concentrated money is. Passports, cash, cameras, all your best belongings... all in one small self contained, poorly secured apartment that you can easily gauge as a target before the victim has even set foot in it.

Add to that people letting their guard down as they relax and have a good time.

On a more practical note, this is where the concentrated money is. Passports, cash, cameras, all your best belongings... all in one small self contained, poorly secured apartment that you can easily gauge as a target before the victim has even set foot in it.
There is even a rucksack or a suitcase provided, to carry everything out in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx