Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree... but i get the feeling that this person had covered [literally, almost] every eventually, and would have tested that his outfit didn't leave any trace - footprints, sweat, whatever.
she said he was dressed in all black... so maybe black socks over the black tights. that weren't noticeable to HB.

having said that, leaving zero forensic trace is surely very difficult in a third party's apt - with half decent forensics.
1 hair was found in the case of the 72 year old. he was there for 15 minutes. HB was attacked for 4 hours.

did HB get decent attention to forensics in her case? from what she says it appears no, she didn't.

Rape, I assume, leaves some evidence no matter how careful the perp is.

With MM, though ... that’s just popping in and popping out. The apartment itself wouldn’t be the only or even the main crime scene. Someone “forensically aware” could leave little trace at all in that room. :(

I think a couple of witness statements have been conflated over the years, which makes it seem more like a single person.

I re-read, and the perceptive 12 year old described the man as “ugly” but she also said his face markings looked like “shaving cuts.” That seems different to other descriptions of a pock-marked or acne-scarred man? Not sure...

I just wonder if a 12yr old would be aware of "pockmarks" or "acne scars" though as a way of describing someone?

I just wonder if a 12yr old would be aware of "pockmarks" or "acne scars" though as a way of describing someone?

That’s fair, she may not have known how to describe it. I just wanted to point out that when people say “pockmarked” they weren’t her words. Another witness used those words.

Agreed.

Thanks again for posting. It really was eye-opening.You can read about a crime but hearing a victim speak about it is an entirely different matter. I have huge admiration for Hazel.

When you consider this interview was done 5 years ago, it’s quite chilling. As she spoke, so much reminded me of what we know about CB.

The way she described the police response was so disheartening. What were you wearing? Were you drinking? Did you invite someone in? Taking photos of her naked while policeman watched. Leaving the bloodied sheets in her room. I know it was a while ago but bloody hell, it wasn’t 1985. I really hope things have changed since then.

Apparently Portuguese LE considered it a ‘one off’ because it took place during Euro 2004. I don’t understand this reasoning. The attack required preparation, advance planning, knowledge, and many tools. It hardly strikes me as the act of a football fan visiting to watch a game. They put it in the too hard basket IMO.

The videotaping is awful but if it’s CB then this need to document could be his downfall, especially if he posted on the internet where things never die.

LE has excellent video identification software now which can identify both victims and perps. It just requires trawling through all the catalogued horror they’ve dug up over the years. Fingers crossed.

v interesting point you raise there about euro 2004 in portugal. hadn't considered that. more likely to be part of the planning, imo.
yesterday i read about MT, a quote [about CB] seemed unusual, that now stands out:
"he particularly liked european championships or big football games, when everyone would be out watching the game in bars."
the euro championshps are only every 4 years. only ever been in portugal once.

i noted down that HB was attacked on 16 june 2004. not sure now if that was late night 15th/early morning of 16th june, or late night 16th/early morning of 17th june.

15 june: 19:45 germany were playing netherlands that night.
16 june: 19:45 portugal were playing russia that night.

maybe the whole country, including the police were more interested in the football than HB?

EXCLUSIVE: Former friend of Maddie suspect Christian B spent months with him in Spain's Andalucia and believes he's guilty - Olive Press News Spain

v interesting point you raise there about euro 2004 in portugal. hadn't considered that. more likely to be part of the planning, imo.
yesterday i read about MT, a quote [about CB] seemed unusual, that now stands out:
"he particularly liked european championships or big football games, when everyone would be out watching the game in bars."

i noted down that HB was attacked on 16 june 2004. not sure now if that was late night 15th/early morning of 16th june, or late night 16th/early morning of 17th june.

maybe the whole country, including the police were more interested in the football than HB?

EXCLUSIVE: Former friend of Maddie suspect Christian B spent months with him in Spain's Andalucia and believes he's guilty - Olive Press News Spain

I wonder if he supported any of those teams - Germany and/or Portugal - and was full of adrenaline those evenings.

Investigador alemão admite que Madeleine McCann possa ter sido morta

"Investigator Christian Hoppe of Bundeskriminalamt (BKA), Germany's Federal Criminal Police Department, revealed that Madeleine McCann may have been shot when the suspect robbed the family's apartment and may be dead.
In an interview with ZDF television station, Hoppe still does not rule out the kidnapping of the child, nor an attack provoked by sexual reasons, but stresses that the investigation indicates that "the child is dead"."

I haven't read back a few pages but I just read this a few minutes ago via Google translator and this is the first time I reading anything about Madeleine possibly being shot. :(

"Investigator Christian Hoppe of Bundeskriminalamt (BKA), Germany's Federal Criminal Police Department, revealed that Madeleine McCann may have been shot when the suspect robbed the family's apartment and may be dead.
In an interview with ZDF television station, Hoppe still does not rule out the kidnapping of the child, nor an attack provoked by sexual reasons, but stresses that the investigation indicates that "the child is dead"."

I haven't read back a few pages but I just read this a few minutes ago via Google translator and this is the first time I reading anything about Madeleine possibly being shot. :(

seems very unlikely - there would be evidence of that having happened, plus guns aren't quiet, even with a silencer attached.

There would have been stacks of forensic evidence had she been shot, not to mention noise.

Good catch. Early morning of the 16th, about 1am I think she said, so a few hours after the Germany game. They drew 1-1 with the Netherlands.

HB said she was at a bar near the resort on the night of the 15th.

seems very unlikely - there would be evidence of that having happened, plus guns aren't quiet, even with a silencer attached.
Would be total overkill to shoot a young child. And leave too much evidence on perpetrator.

Good catch. Early morning of the 16th, about 1am I think she said, so a few hours after the Germany game. They drew 1-1 with the Netherlands.

HB said she was at a bar near the resort on the night of the 15th.

Followed home by somebody maybe? Or was it HB that thought someone had been in her apartment before?

Good observation. The tournament was held in Portugal that year. Football is massive in Portugal, so likelyhood is that everybody would be watching that game.

Followed home by somebody maybe? Or was it HB that thought someone had been in her apartment before?

The perp definitely had been there before. She had money stolen and says he mentioned things that she’d changed recently in the room. In retrospect she said it was like she’d been stalked before the rape. Very planned out.

Where on earth is the idea MM was shot coming from?

The media will have a field day. Wild speculation undermines credibility.

I think German LE would be better off if one person spoke to the media instead of multiple people.

Nothing to do with MM, but is there a possibility that CB was into necrophilia? Still wondering if he had traces on his clothes that alerted the dog in the apartment, if he crawled behind the sofa. Assuming dog wouldn’t alert from stolen meat he may have handled at some point in his clothes. Am also assuming that any ‘odour’ could have been transferred to the hire car boot incidentally by the McCanns eg through toys or clothes unwittingly put down in the Same place at a later date. (Or is it just us that tidies in a hurry by shoving things out of sight?!)

I wonder if he supported any of those teams - Germany and/or Portugal - and was full of adrenaline those evenings.
quite possibly would have added to it.
although the quote was in the context of robbery. loads of people out in bars, so apt blocks virtually empty. hardly anyone around in the streets. similar opportunity in terms of rape, i suppose.

if i were LE trying to build a case against CB, i would be looking further into robbery+rape crimes in his portimao-lagos-PdL area during euro 2004, specifically on the nights of portugal games. those games got bigger as the tournament progressed.
24 june: 19:45 portugal played england in the q/finals - that game went on late, extra time, and penalties. would have then been long, late night celebrations afterwards.
30 june: 19:45 semifinal. another famous win, again late night celebrations.
04 july: 19:45 final. the majority of Portugal would have been focused only on that surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd