Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering when the MC's were due to check out)fly home? He might chose the end of the holiday, banking on parents making one last night of it with their friends. Things half packed/passports to hand for flight home next day? Just a thought.

Possibly this. We also don’t know if he made a failed attempt. We do know MM woke up crying the night before... Maybe he got braver as time ran short. Maybe, since this crime might depend on others, it needed a few days to set up/ arrange payment or whatever else prior to the deed.

I don't believe any perpretator had been seen by Maddie entering the apartment the night before.
Why not? Because Maddie would have told her parents! In her own, childlike manner, she would have mentioned it. She was almost 4 years old.
It's possible that she didn't see anyone, but heard someone in the apartment the night before, and that's why she was crying. The children waking up and crying might have scared him off so he returned the following night. Jmo

Let's not get into that again - Sleuth has already debunked the football as unimportant - haha It was my fault for mentioning the footie in the first place :p
So potentially we could have an insider informing CB about the block booking (unlocked apartments) on the Sunday, and another insider providing keys? Or is it simpler than that
I'm wondering when the MC's were due to check out)fly home? He might chose the end of the holiday, banking on parents making one last night of it with their friends. Things half packed/passports to hand for flight home next day? Just a thought.
Saturday 5th.

So, no further forward then, this German-led investigation and its attempts to link CB to MM's disappearance.

I hope however they have garnered enough info through their appeals to link him to enough criminal activity to keep him locked up for a long time. While the investigation may not, at the end of the day, throw any light on what happened to MM (and I'm seeing nothing to suggest that it will) and since she's not at the crucial centre of it, that would still be a really good and welcome outcome.

Last edited:
A question about the theory that CB's targeting of apartment 5A was based on insider information about the block Tapas booking.
The block booking for was I believe made on Sunday 29th?
If CB was using insider info of the block Tapas booking, then why did CB do nothing on the Sunday 29th evening, Monday 30th evening, Tuesday 1st evening, or Wednesday 2nd evening?

Is there any evidence apart from KM's book that that Tapa's reservation exposed there ever existed?

You have nice M.O., Ted. Sure a burglary gone wrong is absolute nonsense. Yes, planned for sure, but as we know CB wouldn't be capable of such meticulous plan. He could have had a role, but couldn't be the head.
I agree with both your and Ted's reasoning that it was planned and MM was the target. I think the only way she'd have been taken in a burglary gone wrong is if he'd tried to silence her and killed her in the process otherwise wouldn't he have just legged it and left her?

I think he was capable of planning. He'd planned at least two vicious rapes we think and this wouldn't have taken much planning really. Appt was by the road and parents had a regular routine. I'm not even sure they checked as often as they claimed - there seemed to be discrepancies in their stories initially and the flat above reports hearing MM crying the night before for longer than half an hour.

If he could have got the keys so much the better. There are reports of someone watching the flat aren't there? And the later lost key report is suspicious. Difficult to lose a bunch of keys in a holiday resort without someone handing them in.

He was a drug dealer and petty crook as well as a paedophile. Would that not have given him access to contacts that might have helped him break in? Like providing keys? Could that also be why such vital info wasn't given till years later?

I don't think she was trafficked IMOO. I don't know what to think about whether he worked alone or not. IMHO the evidence that exists is possibly on USB or hard drives as they've admitted they have no forensic evidence she has died yet seem sure she is dead. I'd love it if she'd been bought by a lovely childless couple but I've never been able to believe that.

Although I don't think it was a burglary gone wrong and he killed her accidentally I hope it was. That would be quick. Whatever else it was I hope she was dead before anything happened. I feel so sorry for her family.

Is there any evidence apart from KM's book that that Tapa's reservation exposed there ever existed?
Receptionist LC in her statement to police said she took the block booking on the Sunday.

I don't believe any perpretator had been seen by Maddie entering the apartment the night before.
Why not? Because Maddie would have told her parents! In her own, childlike manner, she would have mentioned it. She was almost 4 years old.
She was only 4 years old and, like many children that age, will have thought they'd seen things in the dark only to be reassured they were just nightmares. It is possible that either she reported it as a nightmare or her parents interpreted it as a nightmare. We do know she'd been crying the night before.

Receptionist LC in her statement to police said she took the block booking on the Sunday.

Yes, she said it in a statement. But KM said in her book there was an inscription on Tapas telling the group had their places reserved all days at 20.30 and that their children would stay sleeping in apartments. Is there any evidence of this?

• "It wasn’t until a year later, when I was combing through the Portuguese files, that I discovered that the note requesting our block booking was written in a staff message book, which sat on a desk at the pool reception for most of the day."

• "To my horror I saw that, no doubt in all innocence and to explain why she was bending the rules a bit, the receptionist had written the reason for our request.“We wanted to eat close to our apartments as we were leaving our young children alone there and checking on them intermittently.”"

Last edited:
Μικρή Μαντλίν: Αποφυλακίζεται το Σαββατοκύριακο ο κύριος ύποπτος για την δολοφονία της; | ΥΔΡΟΓΕΙΟΣ 106,9 FM

This was an interesting read - head's up, I used a translation service to translate this page so it was in broken English, but basically, is says that a friend described "in detail" MM's abduction by CB, and went to LE immediately. It also says LE believe he used the WF to abduct her, but they found no trace of her in that or in the Jag.

NOTE:
If you want to translate an entire website all at once, rather than use google translate, download or open Chrome. Click on preferences and set it to auto translate. That might help when reading along with various news services / or for posters who may wish to write or read along here.

Re case files, there is a statement of an OC worker's girlfriend. He is a maintenance worker called Nuno. They were both off that night but they travelled to OC from Lagos where she lives for Nuno to finish a job and they also popped up to OC reception. What is interesting is that they arrived to OC at 9pm. I always thought this couple should be thoroughly questioned not because they are suspicious but because they might have witnessed something as this 8.45 to 9pm is presumably the time the crime has taken place.

Also interesting is that she is British but her address has written as Germany

Last edited:
What does a hand annotation mean? Does he have a criminal record?

Yes, he does. Most hand annotations are criminal records. Some were justifying absence on May 3, 2007 (sick leave for instance).

He can be the retired OC's employee who was CB's connection in OC and had his number in an old diary. And who said block 5 set of keys was lost the week before.

So, no further forward then, this German-led investigation and its attempts to link CB to MM's disappearance.

I hope however they have garnered enough info through their appeals to link him to enough criminal activity to keep him locked up for a long time. While the investigation may not, at the end of the day, throw any light on what happened to MM (and I'm seeing nothing to suggest that it will) and since she's not at the crucial centre of it, that would still be a really good and welcome outcome.
How do you know they are not progressing? I think the latest we heard from them was that they had a promising lead.

A question about the theory that CB's targeting of apartment 5A was based on insider information about the block Tapas booking.
The block booking for was I believe made on Sunday 29th?
If CB was using insider info of the block Tapas booking, then why did CB do nothing on the Sunday 29th evening, Monday 30th evening, Tuesday 1st evening, or Wednesday 2nd evening?

Watching their routine to see if it was the same each night?

Re case files, there is a statement of an OC worker's girlfriend. He is a maintenance worker called Nuno. They were both off that night but they travelled to OC from Lagos where she lives for Nuno to finish a job and they also popped up to OC reception. What is interesting is that they arrived to OC at 9pm. I always thought this couple should be thoroughly questioned not because they are suspicious but because they might have witnessed something as this 8.45 to 9pm is presumably the time the crime has taken place.

Nuno has no annotation on "Processo" files he didn't work on May 3, 2007.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P4/04_VOLUME_IVa_Page_851.jpg

ETA: Nuno's statement (was off-duty and was called, arrived 20.30 for 15min.):

P.J. POLICE FILES: NUNO FILIPE GUERREIRO DA CONCEICAO

How do you know they are not progressing? I think the latest we heard from them was that they had a promising lead.

That "promising lead" was promised by PJ and never came, to our dismay.

Last edited:
Nuno has no annotation on "Processo" files he didn't work on May 3, 2007.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P4/04_VOLUME_IVa_Page_851.jpg

ETA: Nuno's statement (was off-duty and was called, arrived 20.30 for 15min.):

P.J. POLICE FILES: NUNO FILIPE GUERREIRO DA CONCEICAO
She said he finished work at 9 pm. Her town in Germany is called Wegberg. She also said she did not see any vehicles on the road at the time when they travelled.
Note: At the time she worked in PDL for 3 years. First as a tourist guide, then a bar woman.
P.J. POLICE FILES: HAYLEY MAY CRAWFORD

That "promising lead" was promised by PJ and never came, to our dismay.
No, they had a caller to their Crime Watch style programme who mentioned knowing something about the number that called CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz