Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we presume the OC employee first saw the block bookings in the Tapas reservations book, had a conversation with CB, then passed the key to CB?
Had this OC employee profited from CB's thefts in the past by providing tip-offs?
Is there a history there ie - CB was helped on a few occasions at different complexes, over a period of months, years by the same person?
My guess would be yes, it had to be yet another dodgy, enduring relationship. IMO

Yet another best friend o_O

An unlikely best friend, Ted, that I would hardly believe he was aware of anything except thefts. Maybe there was an insider element in OC to tell him about Tapa's reservation, but that had to be someone who could know about kidnapping. Not Thiago for sure. Persons more intimate to him speak native German.

An unlikely best friend, Ted, that I would hardly believe he was aware of anything except thefts. Maybe there was an insider element in OC to tell him about Tapa's reservation, but that had to be someone who could know about kidnapping. Not Thiago for sure.

Haha I was being sarcastic about the best friend bit, but agree they wouldn't know about the kidnapping. I just wonder that because those employees change jobs frequently and CB would have had to have known the employee, but just questioning for how long, in what capacity?

Haha I was being sarcastic about the best friend bit, but agree they wouldn't know about the kidnapping. I just wonder that because those employees change jobs frequently and CB would have had to have known the employee, but just questioning for how long, in what capacity?

I mean if LE could cross check other thefts at other apartments if reported and cross check employee's at the time whether that would flag up a pattern. Bit of a long shot but it could produce something.

About doors, keys and windows issues here's an apartment plan that can help.

4-apartment-layout-e1589189067108.jpg
It makes sense looking that, defo through front door with key, and purely to take mm. You wouldn't risk taking cameras or passport etc, as if dropped or found at later day, could provide clues.
What about them thefts building up to the abduction, nothing mentioned about police taking forensics etc being on the scene, seemed to be very casual approach at the OC, like OK another burglary, fill out forms for insurance purposes etc, no warnings to guests etc

BP has/had an illegal vehicle scrap yard. A very sleezy vehicle scrap yard.
I think CB loves sleezy scrap yards....

Interesting, I didn’t realise it was illegal. I had found this online:

https://cms.cm-silves.pt//upload_fi...mestre/Processo 01 2011 254 Bernhard Piro.pdf

It’s dated 2018 but makes reference to 2011 and decisions from other years. Seems to be some sort of dispute over a building BP had erected on his property? But I don’t speak Portuguese so could only get the basics. Totally not relevant to this thread, I know lol

Oh I didn't realise that the OC employee had already been id'd by Police.

Keep up at the back Teddy!:)

3 years. It's in "Processo" files. I can't add a link because "Processo" files server is down as we speak.

Last edited:
Agree and if LS quotes are anything to go by, the sight of CB carrying a gun in a holster in Foral made villagers scared, so it would have been an unusual sight imo.

Why the need to carry it on your person in a sleepy village though unless there's something hidden in that village you're protecting yourself against?But that is WILD speculation on my part!
I must admit to being confused about the gun thing. In most EU countries gun laws are incredibly strict and CB would be unlikely to have been issued with a permit. They've strict in both Portugal and Germany

Secondly, even if you do manage to get a permit aren't you supposed to conceal the weapon not carry it around? So why wasn't he arrested for carrying a gun so obviously?

I don't believe any perpretator had been seen by Maddie entering the apartment the night before.
Why not? Because Maddie would have told her parents! In her own, childlike manner, she would have mentioned it. She was almost 4 years old.
Deffo, she would of said something,

I must admit to being confused about the gun thing. In most EU countries gun laws are incredibly strict and CB would be unlikely to have been issued with a permit. They've strict in both Portugal and Germany

Secondly, even if you do manage to get a permit aren't you supposed to conceal the weapon not carry it around? So why wasn't he arrested for carrying a gun so obviously?

Because no one risked calling police as they feared him.

DBM: I had the floorpan reversed in my mind, and thought MM's bedroom was nearest the patio door, not nearest the front door.

That said, I think the abductor walked right in the front door, took MM and walked right back out the door.

Last edited:
With the stakes so high, the focus would have been on speed and leaving no clues, not petty theft. Taking items from the apartment would have slowed him down and just given the police extra clues about who may have done it and opportunities to trace the perpetrator. What's he going to do with passports of the family afterwards? Massive red flag if he tried to move them on. Same with the camera, why risk it when it could be potentially tracked down at some point and traced back to you?

That's true, but that's too many variables to be considered by CB alone, not a mental criminal.

I imagine they could have used the patio door actually. Why? Because there were stairs there, and it was closest to MM's bedroom. You're gonna wanna get in and get out as fast as you can. Especially if you're worried the kid you're snatching might wake up and start screaming. There's stairs leading to... what, a parking lot? Forgive me, I don't know what was at the bottom of the stairs, even though I oughta. I was just looking at a floor plan, and it seems to me, I'd take the patio door without hesitation to get out, even if I walked in using a key.

Was the main door unlocked? What door was used by the tapas 7 to check on the kids?

Was the main door locked when KM got home and found her baby missing? If you were stealing a small kid, and you had her in your arms, are you gonna stop and turn around behind you to close the patio or lock the main door? Doubtful. You're gonna bail as fast as you can before she wakes and screams blue murder.

The patio door looks out towards the tapas bar and is considered the back of the apartment. The other door near the car park is described as the front of the appt.

The patio door looks out towards the tapas bar and is considered the back of the apartment. The other door near the car park is described as the front of the appt.

Thanks for clarifying! I had it mixed up in my head that MM was sleeping nearest the patio door. I've edited that post above to reflect that she was nearest the front door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz