Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to play devil’s advocate, the fact that he was only charged for the rape of then 72 year old woman since he was arrested as a suspect for MM is potentially iffy given that we only seem to have a hair sample and speculative video that no one else has seen as evidence.

If someone did want to use him as a scapegoat, this might be the way to do it.
If the hair sample was properly collected and properly preserved by the forensics people in the Portuguese police, right at the rape scene of crime in 2005/6, it is ironclad. That's why professional forensics investigators are so important and police detectives don't do it themselves. Many men have been convicted because their DNA matches the merest fragments of DNA found at the scene of a crime, decades ago. In this case, a hair is doubly valuable, since it can be matched in other ways. Plus, he's known to have been in the area, plus testimony of witnesses about his being a burglur, and having seen video footage. It's a strong case IMO. Modern police can't get involved in that kind of conspiracies, IMO, there's too many checks and balances and large numbers of people review every step of every investigation.

Moment of scepticism..

This is a man living in the vicinity with a record of sexual abuse of little girls. Why was he written off as a suspect initially?
imo maybe he had an alibi at the time, that is now suspected of being false.
the crime committed in 2005 was only solved in 2019. imo, some new evidence found while investigating that crime has linked up to this case.

Interesting: he is apparently from Wurzburg originally, and there is a Jaguar dealer in Wurzburg with the same surname.
There's a company post that seems concerned about "dear young children" in lockdown....

The Portuguese police, media, and tourist board did not want there to be a child abductor lurking in one of their main holiday resorts; it was preferable for them to blame the parents.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong, but it happens all over the world. I've followed many 'tourist abroad' cases on here and often think the official narrative is biased.

Things have certainly ramped up overnight! It sounds like they have been seriously investigating this guy for three years and the detail of their suspicions is pretty impressive I think.
Also, last night, there was a lot of discussion about the suspect being part of an organized group or ring, but today it feels a whole more like he may be the only perpetrator.
Possibly he was part of a burglary ring? Also, he apparently dealt in drugs, that also requires a ring of people to acquire, deal out, collect proceeds, etc. But the ring wasn't apparently involved in abducting little girls. Not surprising, since it wasn't happening as a regular occurrence. Even burglars and dealers have limits.

Just another thought, if he was travelling and living in his mini van throughout the period in question, he would have needed fuel, so that could provide quite a lot of clues (only thing is that information might no longer be available and that's if he paid by credit / debit card. He was a car trader so probably only dealt in cash.

If he was living a transient lifestyle he might have been dealing in cash only and not had access to a credit card.

How old were the girls he abused and in the *advertiser censored* he kept?
Were they little girls like Madeleine or were they underage teenagers?

If they weren't actually little children, to me that would make it more likely he sold her to the unknown caller. And if they were, it would be nuts he hasn't been a prime suspect earlier.
jmo

Pedophiles can still show sexual interest (or rape interest) in those other than children, they just prefer children. It sounds as though he is a long term criminal, with no moral limits whatsoever.

I have been thinking about this case almost daily for ten years, this and the Delphi case are the ones which haunt me. I am praying for some answers soon.

The Portuguese police, media, and tourist board did not want there to be a child abductor lurking in one of their main holiday resorts; it was preferable for them to blame the parents.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong, but it happens all over the world. I've followed many 'tourist abroad' cases on here and often think the official narrative is biased.
I agree, but as well, plenty of onlookers are also convinced the parents did it, and they don't have a bias in favour of tourism in Portugual. rest dbm off topic

If the hair sample was properly collected and properly preserved by the forensics people in the Portuguese police, right at the rape scene of crime in 2005/6, it is ironclad. That's why professional forensics investigators are so important and police detectives don't do it themselves. Many men have been convicted because their DNA matches the merest fragments of DNA found at the scene of a crime, decades ago. In this case, a hair is doubly valuable, since it can be matched in other ways. Plus, he's known to have been in the area, plus testimony of witnesses about his being a burglur, and having seen video footage. It's a strong case IMO. Modern police can't get involved in that kind of conspiracies, IMO, there's too many checks and balances and large numbers of people review every step of every investigation.
so they found a hair at the rape scene crime in 2005. it must be safe to assume that the current suspect did not have a dna profile on file in 2005, otherwise it would not have taken until 2019 to link him to the rape crime.

hairs were collected from apt 5A in 2007. i assume they were dna tested and still on record?

sometime later, this suspect's dna is filed, and the match can be made to the hair found at the scene of the 2005/6 crime. presumably this happened fairly recently as the rape case only concluded in 2019.
maybe at that point a dna search was made to see if hs dna linked to any other crime scenes...
just imo.

How old were the girls he abused and in the *advertiser censored* he kept?
Were they little girls like Madeleine or were they underage teenagers?

If they weren't actually little children, to me that would make it more likely he sold her to the unknown caller. And if they were, it would be nuts he hasn't been a prime suspect earlier.
jmo

Thinking about the alleged Dutch or German voices on nearby balcony then next night (or two?) M went missing, then thinking about the phone call the alleged perp made that evening....can someone remind me what night of the McCann holiday did she go missing? And what day of the week did they arrive? Was it a 7 night holiday. Those types of holidays tend to be Saturday to Saturday although some do it Friday to Friday.

When we find out at some point exactly what has happened it will be devastating, if she was killed or if she was trafficked, being taken from your parents and siblings for all of these years is something I cannot even fathom.
If they thought she was trafficked and might still be alive somewhere, would they come out in the media saying they have a viable suspect, and seeking more information on him? If they thought she might still be alive, wouldn't that put her life even more at risk? Would that be a liability they'd want to take in this matter? With these things in mind, unfortunately, I think they believe this to be murder investigation at this point. :(

29229010-8387125-The_German_suspect_had_lived_in_a_warehouse_outside_Praia_da_Luz-a-9_1591291655912.jpg

Madeleine McCann: German police reveal photo of suspect | Daily Mail Online

I'm just guessing here, but as far as I know, they will add years to his sentence if he is found quilty. I hope his family is safe, this things get out of control this fast these days. And I think if he is found to be not guilty he has every right to press charges against the press. The damage is done, whenever somone googles his name, they will find this and he will never have a chance for a normal live ever again.

He has a history of being a sexual predator who tortures and rapes his victims. In my eyes he should not have the chance to live a normal life ever again.

He did his own damage.

MOO

Last edited:

I think the same thing happened with regard to Ben Needham and Meredith Kercher. A complete botch up by the local police from the first instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reconman