Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that something comes of this - but bragging about being the instigator of the most famous abduction in the world whilst having a few drinks with a friend sounds like a case of braggadocio to me

Fingers crossed the police have more than a weak confession/failed alibi to go on

Complete speculation and I apologise if not helpful:-

but it would be complete sense for an offender to contact someone who was keeping an eye on the parents eating to assess whether they were free to enter.....

30 minute phonecall - would it be necessary to be on the line that long if he were watching the parents or acting as a lookout? Somehow, I think not.

Yes. He was already a suspect in that case. IIRC the police favoured a different suspect.

Wow. Surely in the process of investigation you’d see he spent time in Lagos and join the dots?

Again I ask: for 30 minutes? Would it be necessary to "check the status" of an "order" for that amount of time?
It is very unusual, unless the company doesn't have the slightest clue about your parcel. I know this by experience.

ETA: I did worse. Had to spend 6 hours on the phone for checking where was my order... from a well known company.
I still shake my head over it

I really hope that something comes of this - but bragging about being the instigator of the most famous abduction in the world whilst having a few drinks with a friend sounds like a case of braggadocio to me

Fingers crossed the police have more than a weak confession/failed alibi to go on
I don’t think they’d be that daft. I have more faith in the police than that.

30 minute phonecall - would it be necessary to be on the line that long if he were watching the parents or acting as a lookout? Somehow, I think not.
the call was 19:30-20:00 before any of the parents even went to eat. if the police have traced a call at this time, but not traced any calls from 8:30 onwards, then the accomplice phoning as a lookout seems like a non starter.

Could be mere coincidence, but this guy also a Silva. This from 2014...

he Former Ocean Club driver is suspect in McCann case
the call was 19:30-20:00 before any of the parents even went to eat. if the police have traced a call at this time, but not traced any calls from 8:30 onwards, then the accomplice phoning as a lookout seems like a non starter.

I don’t think they thing he was a look out - they claim he wasn’t in the vicinity.

His apparent confession to a friend that he took Madeleine. He admitted to two offences, the other being the rape of an elderly lady, which was later proven with DNA and he is in jail for it.

With no body the police cannot 'prove' he took or killed Madeleine, so they're frantically appealing for people (the phone caller, the girlfriend etc) to come forward to fill in the missing pieces and hopefully get enough evidence to charge him.

Having said all that, if it's true the police "know" how Madeleine died (and I do wonder if that got lost in translation) then yes, there must be some sort of evidence that we don't yet know about. Wasn't there talk that an acquaintance had seen some tapes of abuse which no longer exist? Perhaps that acquaintance believes he saw images of Madeleine's death. I don't know.
lost in translation seems the more likely.
maybe to help clear that up, my question would be... did any of our german translators see the phrase "police know how Madelene died" while they were doing their translations of german articles?

Seeing police are asking abou this number I presume it was attached to a burner phone back in the day and has been reassigned since then?

Otherwise they must already know who had the number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member