Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarence Mitchell, who has represented the family since the three-year-old's disappearance, said that in 13 years he couldn't "recall an instance when the police had been so specific about an individual".

He told BBC Breakfast: "Of all the thousands of leads and potential suspects that have been mentioned in the past, there has never been something as clear cut as that from not just one, but three, police forces."

Police plea for help as Madeleine suspect revealed

Hello
I’m a long time lurker and this is my first post. I really hope this is the right suspect this time and the family get justice.
I noticed the daily mail had updated their story. There’s reference to the rape of a 72 year old BEFORE the disappearance and currently he is in prison for an undisclosed crime :( New Madeleine McCann suspect discussed her in an online chatroom years later | Daily Mail Online
“The man, who first appeared in Portugal in 1995 aged 18, is just a year into his seven-year jail term for the crime - but is appealing claiming his extradition. He is reportedly already in prison serving an even longer prison sentence for a crime that has not been revealed”

Police examined claims that two blonde men speaking Dutch or German, were spotted on the balcony of a nearby apartment, just two doors from where the McCanns were staying.

Appeals for information about the two potential suspects were broadcast in the Netherlands and Germany.

TELEMMGLPICT000126491213_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqkZdGXfzOPVSbO-9sH583RFqaPefEGY05nXXPGqlPqGQ.jpegimwidth=480

May 2007: Apartment 5a at the Ocean Complex in Praia da Luz on Portugal's Algarve where Madeleine McCann disappeared on the evening of 3 May 2007 CREDIT: Geoff Pugh

Detectives also identified a string of break-ins at apartments across the Algarve, including in Praia da Luz, in the months running up to Madeleine's disappearance.

The patio doors of the McCanns's apartment, pictured above, had been left unlocked on the night of May 3, meaning opportunistic thieves would have had easy access.

The burglaries were thought to have been the work of a gang of roving criminals and police began exploring the theory that Madeleine may have been snatched after waking up and disturbing the intruders.

It had always been assumed that Madeleine had been snatched by 9.15pm, but in 2013 Operation Grange detectives said they believed her abduction could have actually taken place as much as 45 minutes later.

It meant that the witness statement of an Irish family, who had been on holiday in Praia da Luz in May 2007, suddenly took on new significance. Martin Smith from Drogheda reported seeing a man carrying a child around Madeleine's age towards the beach at around 10pm on the night she disappeared.

BREAKTHROUGH:

Detective Chief Inspector Mark Cranwell, who took over from Ms Wall as the head of Operation Grange, said the tipster had revealed information about a German man who was known to have been in Praia da Luz at the time of the abduction.

In November 2017 the Scotland Yard team began liaising with the German federal police and following two and a half years of work, made last night’s startling appeal.

15 hours ago:

#MadeleineMcCann | Significant Investigative Update

Suspect identified as 43yo German man. We reveal 2 vehicles suspect is known to have used around the time of Madeleine’s disappearance & phone numbers relevant to investigation.

️ | DCI Cranwell appeals for public assistance

(video)

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1268244759723872259?s=21

Where did the suspect get a jaguar, or I should also ask, more pertinently - HOW did he manage to purchase it?

What was the purpose of a jaguar when you live in your camper van - ?

Is this suspect someone who trafficked children - ?

Maddy could be gone, but she could be alive....

The suspect made money somehow.....hospitality jobs don't finance jaguars....

JMO

Just wanted to say that I'm nodding along to all your good points.

Possibility of a larger ring involved. I think some surprises are coming.

Just a reminder (from the deep recesses of my mind) that there was a couple with a daughter from (Kent I believe, iirc) who were on local UK news in the south east (I think it was Meridian news) the year that Madeleine went missing and I recall perfectly it was on TV the first week the children went back to School in September too...stating something I think is important. They were staying along the coast from PDL, not too far away, in a holiday complex that summer. They and other parents had become concerned about a solo man who was obsessively taking photos of young children in and around the pool area and and that things came to a head with the man of the couple who was on the news item, having a fight/scuffle with the man and insisted the man delete all photos of his daughter. The man from the couple then held him in a citizens arrest and asked reception to call Police. Police did not come until the next morning when they just shrugged their shoulders. The couple went to the media because they claimed no-one was following this lead up at all. I honestly believe this is important information. That couple and the other parents from that holiday really need to be interviewed.

Possibly because she was just what they were looking for and was conveniently already drugged?

And Kate McCann was alleged to have said that Madeleine said "why didnt you come last night when I/we cried?" or words to that effect. Could the German alleged perp have scoped it out the night before, then was plotting with a friend on the phone the next night an hour before she was discovered missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams