Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Kate McCann was alleged to have said that Madeleine said "why didnt you come last night when I/we cried?" or words to that effect. Could the German alleged perp have scoped it out the night before, then was plotting with a friend on the phone the next night an hour before she was discovered missing?
Think you have hit the nail on the head,shocking but most likely I believe.

I truly hope this leads to closure for her parents. There seems to be an extraordinary amount of detail. It makes sense than a burglary by a sex offender turned into an opportunistic abduction.

To the people saying all this is just a plot to make money - or I also heard Tricia on youtube today wondering if this is another John Mark Karr situation:

This is German LE investigating this, they are not doing this to make money for anyone, they are not a banana republic and do actual investigative work here. It's also not just some guy who confessed and then didn't do it, there was no confession, they found this guy through years of police work. So no, no Karr situation and also no money grabbing plot.

In Germany there is this TV "show" called "Aktenzeichen xy ungelöst" ("Case number xy unsolved"), it's on TV here once a month and yesterday evening it was on as well and that's where they also talked about this case and the new developments and what they are looking for, a German detective was there, etc. They talked about the cars, the phone numbers, basically everything that was mentioned here as well. This is also how the new development made it all over the news worldwide.

This TV show has been around for over 5 decades and was the first of its kind in the world and is similar to "America's Most Wanted", trying to solve crimes, talking to police, having police on the show etc. So it's a respectable source and they don't play around just to get money out of people or anything like that. They seem to have enough evidence to at least investigate this guy further, like I said, it's German LE, they are not playing.

They show cases that could be solved with the help of the public by giving them information and asking for information that they could have, like they asked people who where there on vacation when this happened to send them pictures they took (there is a website to upload them) where you can see cars, or the specific cars in the background, people in the background, etc. So this entire thing is not about money, it's an actual investigation.

So yeah, I trust the information and that they could be on the right track. I myself am and always have been on the fence about what actually happened, I still don't know what to think, that would depend on how much more evidence they have, because of course they don't tell the public everything. But for this to make it to this TV show, there must be quite a lot of evidence.

Aktenzeichen XY... ungelöst

Last edited:
Miya are you German? If so can you explain how car registration works? I don’t understand the significance of the suspect changing the car registration. Obviously the date he did it is very interesting but I am curious how it would help him. I assume it’s done online?

Miya are you German? If so can you explain how car registration works? I don’t understand the significance of the suspect changing the car registration. Obviously the date he did it is very interesting but I am curious how it would help him. I assume it’s done online?

I'm German but born in Austria and always lived here AND I don't have a car or driver's license, so I'm totally the wrong person to ask, sorry. ;) I also thought about this and so far can't think of anything other than the date being suspicious.

Fingers crossed, that this will finally be solved. I always thought it was a stranger abduction. The case was bodged right from the word go and then a lot of rubbish was posted around the net and passed off as fact. Which muddied the waters even further. It's a shame if this could have been easily solved at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm German but born in Austria and always lived here AND I don't have a car or driver's license, so I'm totally the wrong person to ask, sorry. ;) I also thought about this and so far can't think of anything other than the date being suspicious.
Thanks. I also don’t drive so would be clueless if someone asked me about how car registration works in the UK.

Hey. I’m new. I only really signed
up to respond to a post upthread re: a fired chef from the resort. One of the articles I read specifically pointed out that one of his jobs had been in gastro. It struck me as an odd detail to highlight, but maybe that’s why.

Who is the suspect?
The suspect has been named as Christian Brueckner by German newspaper Der Spiegel.

He is known to be German, and has been described by police as white, 6ft tall, of a slim build and with short blond hair. Court privacy rules in Germany mean that he has not been named.

Now aged 43 and currently in prison, he may have looked between 25 and early 30s in 2007.

Scotland Yard said in 2013 that it was keen to trace a man who had been described as “ugly” with a large nose and a spotty complexion.

Christian Brueckner: Everything we know about the new German Madeleine McCann suspect

From this article:

He is known to be German, and has been described by police as white, 6ft tall, of a slim build and with short blond hair. <snip>

Two blond-haired men were seen on the balcony of an empty apartment two doors from the McCanns’s apartment at 2.30pm on the day of the disappearance. Blond men were again seen near the apartment at 4pm, 6pm, and 11pm.

The suspect was in the Praia de Luz area on May 3, 2007, and is known to have received a phone call at 7.32pm, which lasted 30 minutes.

Madeleine was reported missing from the resort at 10.14pm on the same night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe