Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very promising lead. I hope this can lead to closure for the McCanns, even though it confirms our worst fears :(

Reading into this suspect's apparent penchant for videoing his crimes, I think he would struggle to resist the urge to also video Madeleine. Similarly I bet it would be hard for him to permanently destroy a video like that if he did tape one - the fact he was boasting showing a friend another crime speaks volumes.

A very promising lead. I hope this can lead to closure for the McCanns, even though it confirms our worst fears :(

Reading into this suspect's apparent penchant for videoing his crimes, I think he would struggle to resist the urge to also video Madeleine. Similarly I bet it would be hard for him to permanently destroy a video like that if he did tape one - the fact he was boasting showing a friend another crime speaks volumes.

Maybe not filmed though if it was one of his earlier crimes?

The full article can be read on google translate. 43 year old man who raped an elderly woman in Portugal.

daily mail states

Madeleine McCann: German police reveal photo of suspect | Daily Mail Online

the German article I posted is from December 2019 from that court. Full article can be read if you click on google translate. I didn’t realise it would change the link name to that!

I used google translate. I just couldn't see any more than one paragraph. Thanks.

“The 43-year-old was today named as Christian Brueckner - a German paedophile and drug trafficker jailed last year for raping a 72-year-old American tourist in Praia da Luz shortly before Maddie was snatched from her bed 13 years ago. His alleged admission to a friend about Maddie's abduction came over a drink on the tenth anniversary of her disappearance when her face appeared on the German pub's TV screen. He then showed his friend a video of him raping a woman, which led to the associate tipping off police. The 43-year-old drifter with a long history of sex crimes against women and children was living in Praia da Luz when Maddie vanished from an apartment 13 years ago as her parents Gerry and Kate were out for dinner at a nearby tapas restaurant. The convicted child sex offender spent 12 years in the Algarve resort dealing drugs, burgling holiday homes and robbing tourists and was jailed last year for the rape of a 72-year-old American in same resort just 18 months before the British three-year-old vanished on May 3, 2007. In December 2019 he was convicted in Germany for the attack on the US-born pensioner in September 2005. He planned the rape having broken into the victim's house wearing a mask and armed with a rope to tie her to a wooden beam. She was blindfolded, gagged and whipped with a piece of metal before being raped and robbed - but hairs left at the scene later linked him to the crime. She told the police: 'He enjoyed torturing me'. The sex attack on the 72-year-old woman could be significant because the convicted paedophile had broken into her Praia da Luz holiday home to loot it - police have long believed Maddie may have been snatched during a burglary.”
UK Home | Daily Mail Online. Plus a pic with eyes redacted is posted.

can anyone remember if they have any DNA from the crime scene?

I don't think they had any DNA evidence from where Maddie disappeared

Makes sense, yes. But why would you leave the tapes in there? Sounds like they weren’t BFFs - he could’ve used them for financial blackmail at least!
I hope the parents and brother can have some closure soon. The not knowing all these years later, has to be so painful. I hope we all get the answers that are needed to the questions.

Madeleine McCann was murdered: German authorities
nintchdbpict000587077076-e1591274248305.jpg

Is this the face of the man who kidnapped Madeleine McCann?HANDOUT / METROPOLITAN POLICE

''His appearance at the time is chillingly similar to an Electronic Facial Identification Technique done by Scotland Yard.''

"According to cops, the break in the case came when an acquaintance of the Teutonic terror dropped a dime on the man. He had broken into the man’s home and found the sickening videos.

The tipster allegedly told cops: “You do s*** in your youth, but these were things that are out of the question.”

“There is reason to believe that there are other people besides the perpetrator who have concrete knowledge of the possible scene of the crime and, if necessary, where the body is stored,” Christian Hoppe, of the German Federal Police, told reporters.''

A couple of things.

Was the woman he raped 72 back in 2005 or is she 72 now? It's not very clear from the news articles.

Why was he prosecuted and jailed in Germany? Shouldn't the country where the crime was committed (Portugal) be doing that?

"Cops say the 43-year-old unnamed man — who was living near the Portuguese resort where the little girl was staying with her parents — had a treasure trove of videos featuring his sick sex attacks."

“We assume that the girl is dead,” Braunschweig state prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters said. “The public prosecutor’s office in Braunschweig is investigating a 43-year-old German national on suspicion of murder.”

"
He added that detectives have also determined the little girl’s cause of death."
If this article is accurate, and detectives were able to determine the cause of MM's death... There is a huge possibility they may have a video of what happened.

Last edited:
"Cops say the 43-year-old unnamed man — who was living near the Portuguese resort where the little girl was staying with her parents — had a treasure trove of videos featuring his sick sex attacks."

“We assume that the girl is dead,” Braunschweig state prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters said. “The public prosecutor’s office in Braunschweig is investigating a 43-year-old German national on suspicion of murder.”

"He added that detectives have also determined the little girl’s cause of death."

If this article is accurate, and detectives were able to determine the cause of MM's death... There is a huge possibility they may have a video of what happened.

I agree. It wouldn’t even need to be that it’s a newly discovered video but that they’ve been able to corroborate that it is her in the video because of these findings.

"He added that detectives have also determined the little girl’s cause of death."

i think you are jumping the gun as if that was the case he would of already been charged with her murder.

Or if she was. It could have been grainy video, incomplete video, etc. They have to have something specific if they have determined her cause of death.

Exactly. They could have had video evidence for years with nothing but an inkling.

nintchdbpict000587077076-e1591274248305.jpg

Is this the face of the man who kidnapped Madeleine McCann?HANDOUT / METROPOLITAN POLICE

''His appearance at the time is chillingly similar to an Electronic Facial Identification Technique done by Scotland Yard.''

"According to cops, the break in the case came when an acquaintance of the Teutonic terror dropped a dime on the man. He had broken into the man’s home and found the sickening videos.

The tipster allegedly told cops: “You do s*** in your youth, but these were things that are out of the question.”

“There is reason to believe that there are other people besides the perpetrator who have concrete knowledge of the possible scene of the crime and, if necessary, where the body is stored,” Christian Hoppe, of the German Federal Police, told reporters.''

This REALLY makes it sound like they found videos of what he did to Madeleine.

Maybe the possible video focused on her and not the perp? Hence how they can know her cause of death, but are 'almost certain' about the guilt of the suspect?
Yes... so many options... perhaps the video shows the aftermath and not the event itself... So many different possibilities. I think it is very telling when he said they have determined her cause of death.

this article shows his picture a lot more clearer than the previous ones I think.

I understand
In Germany it’s against the law release a suspects identity - even after they’ve been convicted, but if this IS the guy who killed Maddie, British press, heck even international press all around the world will be wanting to print his face, his identity and as much info about him as they can find. So how will this work do you think? If it’s against the law in Germany? Hmm
Fall Maddie McCann: Was wir über den tatverdächtigen Braunschweiger Christian B. (43) wissen

Someone will put it on Twitter soon enough!

Yes... so many options... perhaps the video shows the aftermath and not the event itself... So many different possibilities. I think it is very telling when he said they have determined her cause of death.

My initial thoughts were that he just told his friend how he did it but that doesn’t fit with “determined.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann