Magnotta March Prelim Hearing & Trial Day 1 - Sep 29, 2014 - Thread #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
‏@sleeCJAD · 41s
Photo of papers, documents, some with the name of Luka Rocco #Magnotta on them, including from bank & medical clinic.

@sleeCJAD · 40s
Photo of partially wet shower curtain

‏@MontgomerySue · 48s
correction: shower curtain not in Jean Coutu bag; they were just mixed up together

‏@MontgomerySue · 1m
Knife blade, scissors and sponges also found in garbage

‏@sleeCJAD · 1m
Photo shows closeup of knives, more blue latex gloves found in another garbage bag.

‏@sleeCJAD · 30s
Photo 103 shows blue sheepskin lined jean jacket from last garbage bag they listed

thanks guys for the updates and tweets and things. Remembering Jun Lin as well.

‏@sleeCJAD · 58s
Photos of closeups of pink disposable razor, cigarette butt

‏@sleeCJAD · 23s
Closeups of yellow Keith Harding tshirt, white tshirt with dried red substance all over the front.

‏@MontgomerySue · 25s
One bag contained a piece of leg

‏@SGirouxCTV · 44s
A pair of legs found in another plastic bag, wrapped in two other layers of plastic

^^ Huh? That would be 3 legs (we must assume reporter error here .. probs with interpretation perhaps?)

‏@MontgomerySue · 2m
Leg had no foot attached, Simoneau says

@sleeCJAD · 2m
Photo of dismembered leg with no foot found in garbage bag number 15.

@MandelSun · 2m
Horrifying. Bloody part of leg shown inside garbage bag

@sleeCJAD · 2m
Again not much reaction from jury members

@MontgomerySue · 2m
The leg piece had been triple bagged, witness says

@SGirouxCTV · 1m
I'll spare you the details of what's next. I'm not the only reporter who finds it hard to watch

@MontgomerySue · 2m
When they opened one bag, everything was wet and lots of red liquid poured out, witness says

@MandelSun · 52s
#Magnotta jury was warned about stomach-churning images. They are showing little reaction but it is early yet

@MontgomerySue · 1m
Bloody bed spread found in garbage

@sleeCJAD · 41s
Photos of blue blanket, white mattress covers, stained with red substance, witness says

@MontgomerySue · 2m
Soaking towel found with red liquid oozing from it

@sleeCJAD · 39s
Judge checking in with interpreter. "Are you ok?" He is, thanks for asking, he says

@sleeCJAD · 44s
Photo of very wet black track jacket, wet with red substance found on other items

@sleeCJAD · 1m
Photo of wet pink tissue paper. and many other little items

@MontgomerySue · 23s
Pink tissue paper, gift bag and cardboard Canada post box found too

@sleeCJAD · 49s
Photo of Canada Post mailing box, pink smudges on bottom. Also notepad

@sleeCJAD · 1m
More blue latex gloves, partially wet

@sleeCJAD · 50s
Two pairs of shoes, with wet substance on the bottoms: police officer describing photo

@sleeCJAD · 28s
Garbage bag number 18 contains more white clothing stained with red substance

@MontgomerySue · 1m
Found two pairs of shoes, mattress cover, hammer, table cloth and screw driver

@sleeCJAD · 1m
Photo 139 of overall contents of garbage bag number 18: stained clothing, screwdriver, another mailing box

@sleeCJAD · 27s
Another photo shows closeup of mini electric circular saw

@sleeCJAD · 2m42 seconds ago
Photo of dead black dog found in another garbage bag

@sleeCJAD · 2m
Garbage bag number 20 contains two dismembered arms with no hands and another part of a leg

@sleeCJAD · 1m
Muted reaction from jurors again

@sleeCJAD · 36s
Last of 161 photos

@MontgomerySue · 31s
And that's it for #Magnotta today. Back tomorrow morning at 9:30

@sleeCJAD · 53s
Judge says we'll break until tomorrow before embarking onto next series of photos

(so 161 was the last of photos today only)

Thanks again sillybilly, had to go out this afternoon so I missed all this in real time. I feel ill just reading the tweets. I can't imagine what the people in the courtroom are feeling, especially Jun's family.

That sounds like a lot of clean up and cover up for an insane person. Why did he kill the dog? Oh yeah, he knew he was going to go hide for a while and couldn't take the dog with him. He's sick all right. But not insane enough not to know right from wrong IMO. What stopped him from killing the first guy he had tied up and was filming? Had to build up the nerve? SMH

MOO

i can remember you guys discussing whether there were 2 different men on the bed. i cant believe it turned out to be true! i wonder why LM used that footage for his disgusting movie.

Ugh...so disgusting and I'm shocked about the newer details we didn't know about : other male tied up and drugged. I wonder if our friend Baudi Moovan is a witness? She was in the CBC documentary (but incognito as was her research partner.)

OK so the male at the beginning of the video, clearly alive and moving around is NOT Lin Jun. There is an edit in the video and then the body is that of Lin Jun I am guessing. I actually watched the video until I saw the ice pick to see if Lin Jun was alive at the beginning. I'm not sure if the video shows Lin Jun alive at all. This is so so weird.

Even though LM has pled Guilty, I guess it is still necessary for the Crown to show all the gruesome evidence in order to allay consideration of an NCR verdict. IMO, everything we know about LM indicates he planned, executed his plan, packed up his mess, distributed the video, planned his trip, etc .. organized thinking with nothing to indicate he didn't know what he was doing at the time. IMO he sure is not comparable to the likes of Vince Li.

(The Allan Schoenborn NCR verdict always bothers me though ... guy from Merritt BC who killed his 3 kids and went on the run. How that jury found him NCR I will never understand.)

i too hope this case doesnt turn out to be NRC verdict. LM planned this horrible murder from the point he wrote that email, to buying tools for the killing, recording, packing body parts, mailing them, up until he took his flight to europe. By leaving the country he showed that he knew he did something wrong.
sadly in most cases, pretending to be mentally challenged is a free ticket to all kinds of disgusting criminal acts.
What i am most interested in is why he sent the body parts to political parties and schools. and i wonder if we will ever hear what the note in the mail exactly said..

RIP Jun Lin. Hope you get the justice you deserve.

Even though LM has pled Guilty, I guess it is still necessary for the Crown to show all the gruesome evidence in order to allay consideration of an NCR verdict. IMO, everything we know about LM indicates he planned, executed his plan, packed up his mess, distributed the video, planned his trip, etc .. organized thinking with nothing to indicate he didn't know what he was doing at the time. IMO he sure is not comparable to the likes of Vince Li.

(The Allan Schoenborn NCR verdict always bothers me though ... guy from Merritt BC who killed his 3 kids and went on the run. How that jury found him NCR I will never understand.)
He confessed to the murder, but plead not guilty to all the charges. I agree, this was all totally premeditated.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...so-found-in-trash-outside-apartment-1.2781112

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech