"Make him stop" - Casey to Baez

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My interpretation was that AL knew that KC could act out and AL had a grip on her arm to control her if she needed to.
I also find it interesting that CA and GA and group left the courtroom in such an abrupt in ability to face the facts move.

There are alot of people who simply leave when they are faced with conflict instead of working it out. It's their coping mechanism. I found it to be an interesting dicotomy that CA and GA could leave and KC couldn't. Although KC didn't turn around, do you think that KC knew that it was CA and GA leaving the courtroom because you could obviously hear people leaving behind her?

Which is why AL was fighting (so hard?) to try to get any jail videos destroyed. She certainly doesn't want evidence of KC throwing these temper tantrum rages while talking to her attorneys!

Slightly OT, but did anyone else notice when AL was going on about the death penalty and Casey teared up, that between dabbing her eyes, she looked up with her right eye while dabbing her left to see if her tears were having any effect on the judge? It was a very brief action, but it did happen.

It seems to me that we have a trio of people who want to make it stop, Casey, GA and CA. The usual family ploy if they can't control an event is they leave or get the offending party to leave. Getting up and storming out when Ashton was speaking certainly wasn't adult behavior on the part of the elder Anthonys. I think they see the proceedings as an attack on all of them. They claim they want the truth, but they really don't. They only want a truth that's acceptable to them.

This whole family is capable of compartmentalizing their various realities or dismissing them altogether. So Casey killed Caylee, and then she simply dismissed that reality, and went on to a new one. The elder Anthonys dismissed it too, and went onto their Casey is innocent reality.

Yesterday we witnessed two versions of make it stop or make him stop. Both versions from 3 Anthonys who can't stand to be held accountable.
Post of the day, IMO! Well summarized, justthinkin!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And a big :woohoo: to all of the other brilliant contributions here! :woohoo:

I have certainly not found myself in the position to defend either of the Anthonys in the past, but in regards to them leaving the courtroom during JA's
speaking of manner in which state believes Caylee was killed, I am afraid that I would probably have done the same thing if it was MY grandchild who had been so viciously murdered. I do not know the Anthony's nor did I ever have the pleasure of meeting Caylee, but I find it difficult to actually hear the explicit details of the duct taping. If it was actually a child I had a loving bond with.....sorry, I just don't think I could have sat and listened.

In fact, I am aware of several trials where the family member(s) of a murder victim has to leave the courtroom during excruciating testimony about their loved one.

I would NOT be defending the Anthony's on this one had they NOT returned to the courtroom...

JMHO

Which is why AL was fighting (so hard?) to try to get any jail videos destroyed. She certainly doesn't want evidence of KC throwing these temper tantrum rages while talking to her attorneys!

How ironic this defense team does little or nothing to protect the images of Caylee's remains (using a secure server was apparently too much for them and they asked to send photos in the MAIL), but somehow want videos of her mother's jail visits rounded up and destroyed so they can never be subject to public scrutiny.

But if you take into account the mind and thoughts of a sociopath, it really is NOT surprising. KC has no feelings of emotion at all, and any and all actions, thoughts or gestures are only for HER benefit. (Her actions towards her parents seem odd and surprising to us who are NOT sociopathic because no matter what, we FEEL the emotion of love between parent and child. KC doesn't have the ability to feel this devotion (imo)

The Anthonys no longer have anything to offer KC. They are basically "used up" in her frame of reference. They no longer exist so they are disregarded. At this point, only Baez and AL have anything to offer KC, getting her out of this mess, so her sole focus is on them!
You're right ~ and also I would imagine she blames her mother for being in jail and charged with murder. I would think she'd have some recognition for her father though since he was putting money into her commissary account ~ or maybe he isn't doing that anymore? MOO

At 2.34 on that tape when Mr Ashton says, 'a juror might conclude that she must have been restrained, either chemically or physically,' KC grabs her own wrist for a brief second, and the way she does it looks significant to me.

This is Casey's Lady Macbeth moment.

Ashton brings up December 5th, a few seconds after that Ms. Anthony lets out that deep annoyed sigh on camera, grabs a pen and angrily writes on a sheet of paper right after Lyon scribbles as well.

Anyone, thoughts as to the five syllables Casey whispers at :33? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9UECWMtKeA

Here are a few of my thoughts..........purely tongue in cheek comments.......:angel:

A. Zenaida made me
B. Google Neck-Breaking
C. "She ruined my life"
D. "I have no regrets"
E. "Are you kidding me"

BBM. Yes it was filmed. Casey leaned toward AL, her face turned crimson, and was partially hidden by her hand. Her chest movements indicated deep breathing. That is what I saw.

ETA: Just watched vid again. When Ashton said "Did she try to resist?" Casey looked up toward him briefly, looking distressed. He then said "Could they (the killer) see the fear in her eyes?" Casey again hid her face behind her hand.

Thanks Lacey Clementine that is what I was wondering.

I just watched the video again as well (twice) and I have to completely agree with your above (bolded) statement. I think Baez saw the beginning motions of a KC temper flare up and leaned over to tell her to ZIP IT (or at least CUT IT OUT!).

I also think this may have been the reason that AL was holding her wrist, which has been interpreted by some as being "consoling", but the second time I watched, I strictly watched AL. She appears to be holding KC forearm but is staring stonily (obviously concentrating on JA's words)...not looking at KC, not whispering or murmuring to her....I think it was to CONTROL KC....

I agree with the thinking that both JB and AL know how volatile Casey is and really seemed to be holding their collective breath that she didn't explode in court. It's so obvious that when JB doesn't do her bidding, she cuts him off instantly and ignores him. I would imagine he's seen a good number of her tantrums, and he sort of retreats rather than set her off. AL looked as if she was clamped on to the forearm to control any anger outburst, and sending a wake up message to Casey - don't do it. I think it was part of what threw AL off her game so badly when she tried to reply. This was all interesting more as a predictor of the defendant's current state and how she's going to handle the rigors of trial and all the negative testimony coming her way.

Slightly OT, but did anyone else notice when AL was going on about the death penalty and Casey teared up, that between dabbing her eyes, she looked up with her right eye while dabbing her left to see if her tears were having any effect on the judge? It was a very brief action, but it did happen.

It seems to me that we have a trio of people who want to make it stop, Casey, GA and CA. The usual family ploy if they can't control an event is they leave or get the offending party to leave. Getting up and storming out when Ashton was speaking certainly wasn't adult behavior on the part of the elder Anthonys. I think they see the proceedings as an attack on all of them. They claim they want the truth, but they really don't. They only want a truth that's acceptable to them.

This whole family is capable of compartmentalizing their various realities or dismissing them altogether. So Casey killed Caylee, and then she simply dismissed that reality, and went on to a new one. The elder Anthonys dismissed it too, and went onto their Casey is innocent reality.

Yesterday we witnessed two versions of make it stop or make him stop. Both versions from 3 Anthonys who can't stand to be held accountable.

I have certainly not found myself in the position to defend either of the Anthonys in the past, but in regards to them leaving the courtroom during JA's
speaking of manner in which state believes Caylee was killed, I am afraid that I would probably have done the same thing if it was MY grandchild who had been so viciously murdered. I do not know the Anthony's nor did I ever have the pleasure of meeting Caylee, but I find it difficult to actually hear the explicit details of the duct taping. If it was actually a child I had a loving bond with.....sorry, I just don't think I could have sat and listened.

In fact, I am aware of several trials where the family member(s) of a murder victim has to leave the courtroom during excruciating testimony about their loved one.

I would NOT be defending the Anthony's on this one had they NOT returned to the courtroom...

JMHO

I agree. I could not have sat there - ambushed as they were - and listened.

However, I would have left a trail of vomit as I exited the courtroom, and I would not have returned a few minutes later for a meet and greet with my groupies.

The "make him stop" reminded me of her reaction when she didn't like what Leonard Padilla was saying to her at their first meeting, and she ordered him out of 'her' house.

If something is not agreeable to her, she likes them/it to go away. Kind of like what she did to Caylee.

Bold mine

Just three short sentences, you posted, but....

Post of the Day :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Her display yesterday I believe was a result of an unexpected description of a possible scenario regarding Haleigh's death. Up to now, she's been attending hearings that basically were attorney arguments over motions and were based on what I call "lawyer lingo". Yesterday was her introduction to what's around the corner.

When Ashton began to describe a possible scenario and why, her initial reaction, from what I perceived was a slight shaking of the head "no", which indicates to me, she knows EXACTLY what happened. I go back to my belief that the duct tape was used to keep the body fluids from leaking from Caylee's nose and mouth after she found her drowned in the pool. When KC realized she could not steer the words being spoken in court, she felt trapped as she couldn't run away and had to sit there and listen to it. All of which she's not accustomed to. Up to now, she's been sitting in jail probably believing that this will all be over soon. That she will be found not guilty because she told her attorneys "she didn't do this". KC seems to have a talent of believing her own lies and I'm told this is a characteristic of a true sociopath. Of the defense team, AL is her only saving grace as Baez in my eyes does her no good whatsoever. Only my opinion, of course but AL is a sharp cookie and we don't know what she's got up her sleeve. Her experience and reputation speak well for her. Irregardless, when KC was in the throes of her crying jag yesterday, it reminded me of something Cindy said in the first days on the stand. "KC has lied in the past but we always get to the bottom of it" or something to that affect. That's where KC was yesterday, "at the bottom of it". As I have said, I still feel that the death was accidental. For all we know, she got hold of whatever was in that bottle and drank it. She died and KC spent days trying to figure out how to cover it up. She knew she couldn't admit what had happened. Her getting into trouble was more important than revealing the truth, something she was never taught the value of. This could be a confession that may keep her from the death penalty and would save her life. Again, this is only my opinion.

I cannot criticize GA and CA at this point. I see the destruction in their faces, their physical changes and at this point I am actually concerned for CA. While waiting for the elevator yesterday, she was clinging to the wall. That is not the CA we've seen before. They have many hard days ahead. I hope Brad is looking out for them.

I hate to disagree with you, but will do it respectfully.

I believe that CA reads ALL the document dumps thoroughly, as illustrated by the Morgan deposition. She knows about the duct tape, the heart sticker, that Caylee was only bones, and strewn around the woods, and yet downed crab puffs when Caylee was found. What Jeff Ashton said in the hearing was not anything that Cindy and George didn't already know. JMO, the whole "leaving the courtroom", along with the "Anthony entourage", was part of the "act".....the "poor me" act. I cannot feel even a minute bit of pity for CA, GA, LA or KC. Sorry for the rant, not meant against you, just used your reply to show that I felt differently.

Just my opinions.
KC was absolutely livid, I also feel she's playing it in her head the way she killed Caylee as she is looking slighty toward the left. (As we all do when remembering something kwim? You don't see anything except what is playing in your mind. I don't know how to explain it right. Sorry.)
I wondered to myself if the reason CA sped out of the court room is cuz her mouth was going to spew her special venom if she didn't leave. I hope you kwim.
I doubt KC even knew her parents left the court room as she was in a KC moment.
These are just my opinions.
Thank you.

I agree with the thinking that both JB and AL know how volatile Casey is and really seemed to be holding their collective breath that she didn't explode in court. It's so obvious that when JB doesn't do her bidding, she cuts him off instantly and ignores him. I would imagine he's seen a good number of her tantrums, and he sort of retreats rather than set her off. AL looked as if she was clamped on to the forearm to control any anger outburst, and sending a wake up message to Casey - don't do it. I think it was part of what threw AL off her game so badly when she tried to reply. This was all interesting more as a predictor of the defendant's current state and how she's going to handle the rigors of trial and all the negative testimony coming her way.

I know this has been said before but this behavior of KC goes back to her upbringing with the A's. KC is programmed that if things don't go her way she wants to throw a temper tantrum so the people accusing little miss perfect will change the way they look at things and turn to Kc's way of thinking. KC is in for a rude awaking and again this has been said by many posters that this is her first real dose of accountability for her actions. In her mind I fell that she can't understand why this hasn't gone away. She told her story,which everyone was supposed to believe. Allow her to be a grieving mother and go on Howard Stern. Then life should have returned to normal,except for the fact that KC would be working for a missing children's organization. I think AL and JB have underestimated the little miss perfect that they are representing and are both in for a long road ahead. I just can't wait for justice for Caylee.

"Make him stop"?

KC has the ablity to make it all stop anytime.

All she has to do is explain what happened to Caylee that day when GA saw them leave .... how did Caylee go from KC's control?

The ZFG thing is not verifiable so ... KC tell a story that is and it will all go away. Only KC can make this stop but the train has a full head of steam and is heading ever quickly towards a gorge where the tracks are completely gone.

Jeopardy for KC is increasing exponentially and, after taking one life she is about to take another -- her own. Your silence is killing you.

The SA has focused and strategic momentum. They stunned the Defense team yesterday, set them aback but ... they are only just getting started.

I really believe she is not used to being called out like this. Her whole life has been filled with excuses, a lack of consequences for her behaviors. In other words, she has never had to pay the price for messing up. I think this is the first time she has ever been called to task. It's a major form of punishment that she is facing, but I think her parents set some of this in motion by not being consistent with discipline. Thats my take on it.

Yeah, she looks surprised, but I imagine, at age 23, I would be surprised too, if my first real consequence was being handed down by the state of FL, via a murder charge.

I think her parents have a problem with dealing with truth and consequence as well....I do believe that Cindy, George and their contingency walked out during the States argument.
If they can't take this small introduction of what happened to Caylee, they may as well just not take the cab ride to the courthouse when the trial happens.

I've watched the video of the hearing several times, also the jail visit of CA/GA when KC loses it, and I am really thinking that KC could kill again if pushed far enough. I see tremendous anger in KC and if she walks, and anyone ever crossed her, I can absolutely see her exploding in rage. JMO

I went back and watched KC "break down" with CA and GA at their Aug. 14th jail visit.....There are some parallels in her behavior at Friday's hearing, I think-the only difference is that she couldn't turn the conversation back on Ashton like she did on her parents that day.
With her parents, when we could hear what she was thinking, it was ALL about poor me, poor me, wish I could talk but I can't, poor me. On 08/14/08, she was "crying" because she wanted them to get her out of there ASAP and it was not happening. She said to her parents "no one is comforting me."
John Ashton certainly is not going to comfort KC. If KC were as clever as she thinks she is, she would have assessed the fact that JA was doing his job, and not let it get to her. She may be a sociopath, but her narcissism actually seems to hinder her sociopathic abilities.

I hate to disagree with you, but will do it respectfully.

I believe that CA reads ALL the document dumps thoroughly, as illustrated by the Morgan deposition. She knows about the duct tape, the heart sticker, that Caylee was only bones, and strewn around the woods, and yet downed crab puffs when Caylee was found. What Jeff Ashton said in the hearing was not anything that Cindy and George didn't already know. JMO, the whole "leaving the courtroom", along with the "Anthony entourage", was part of the "act".....the "poor me" act. I cannot feel even a minute bit of pity for CA, GA, LA or KC. Sorry for the rant, not meant against you, just used your reply to show that I felt differently.

I respect your opinion however, you are right........we disagree where GA and CA are concerned.

-----------------------------
MissJames, you saw the same thing I did.She is furious :furious:.I seriously wonder if she will make it through trial without blowing off.I saw G. leave the room.At that instance I wondered if he didnt want to hear or,wanted to go after KC..He knows and it has been festering in him ~ it will come out.

That's a good point too. George and Cindy have to know Casey is responsible for the death in one capacity or another. It doesn't make sense to even deny that at this point. It will be interesting to see if their need for control and perceived victim status will turn to rage against the person who caused this whole sordid mess. I just doubt they can hold out forever, but would still want to deal with Casey themselves, not have her fate decided by the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean