Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the link I was looking for, so am bringing up the post from earlier page in this thread. The ACARS system can be shut down (partly) from the cockpit, but the rest of the shutdown (affecting those "handshake" satellite pings) would've required someone going down the hatch to the lower deck and disabling electronics down there. That second step was not done, evidently.

Originally Posted by miley
Disabling the satellite communication (ping) is a two person operation - one person to fly the plane and one person to enter the cabin and crawl down the hatch to the lower deck where the electronics bay is located.

Hypothetically, maybe there wasn't a second person to do it.

That second step (BBM) was not done. Read that fact yesterday and screenshot the article; I'll find the link.

(That's why we have the "handshake" pings we do.)

Here's the relevant part:
ACARS
Another clue is that part of the Boeing 777's Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) was shut off.

The system, which has two parts, is used to send short messages via a satellite or VHF radio to the airline's home base. The information part of the system was shut down, but not the transmission part. In most planes, the information part of the system can be shut down by hitting cockpit switches in sequence in order to get to a computer screen where an option must be selected using a keypad, said Mr Goglia, an expert on aircraft maintenance. That's also something a pilot would know how to do, but that could also be discovered through research, he said.

But to turn off the other part of the ACARS, it would be necessary to go to an electronics bay beneath the cockpit. That's something a pilot wouldn't normally know how to do, Mr Goglia said, and it wasn't done in the case of the Malaysia plane. Thus, the ACARS transmitter continued to send out blips that were recorded by the Inmarsat satellite once an hour for four to five hours after the transponder was turned off. The blips don't contain any messages or data, but the satellite can tell in a very broad way what region the blips are coming from and adjusts the angle of its antenna to be ready to receive messages in case the ACARS sends them. Investigators are now trying to use data from the satellite to identify the region where the plane was when its last blip was sent.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing...to-takeover-20140317-hvjge.html#ixzz2wKbzQSQg

I think they know a lot and are somewhat scared of causing panic

To be honest, I pay little attention to the other side of MY world. Except the BIG news I do. ( the radiation from Japan, Tepco:liar:. )This is embarrassing but the reason I'm familiar with Thailand is because John Mark Karr ( JonBenetRamsey case) was brought back from there and I learned ( unfortunately about the sex trade there). From the beginning of this I've learned some about this country, and I state it again. Would you trust Corrupt? Why is Obama so quiet on this? Because 1 American?Hmmmmmmmmm

Were the names of the three games like really good ones or ones that are everywhere etc?

Funny enough, this area of Pakistan (and almost ALL of Pakistan) is within the outer satellite arc on the western side. However, they've been telling us all along that the western side of the arc was not being considered because they did not believe there was enough fuel to reach that far.

No, Chitral is in Northern Pakistan (near the Afghanistan border) and within one hour's flight time of the northern red line (east side of arc). If the plane were there, it would prove the "arc" investigators are right.

That said, the report is most likely just another false rumor. We'll see!

.....but won't say where for security reasons

If they are all "working together" as stated --then all these security inteligence experts are sharing with people that understand this.

Telling the public we saw a radar above mars(!) I dont know how many of us would know that TO US reveals their capabilites

IF they said 200 miles off of mars so lay folks are going to say Oh they can only go out 200 miles

IF there already telling people that understand this - then they are revealing that anyhow!

I have believed plane landed somewhere from get go. The realization of what may be aboard if plane resurfaces is terrifying to me. Someone posted back a few pages that it might be shot down if it takes flight. My concern was over highly populated area could be horrifying. I then started think shooting it down over water, depending on new cargo, could be just as devastating.

Prayers for all aboard and lovers of peace.

delete the games over a month before they said he loved to play with this friends and stuff I wonder if he got afreaid someone might find it and then a month later..........

I agree with you. And to delete the games over a month before the flight went missing? Wouldn't you continue to "practice" until the last possible minute if you were going to purposely hijack a plane, then delete the logs (or trash the hard drive if you were really intent on covering your tracks)? It's just not making any sense to me, but, what do I know - I am neither a pilot or a hijacker :twocents:

Could two of the passengers have dual citizenship? Or maybe they were living in the us but not citizens?

At least 20 passengers were living (probably on work visas) in the USA while remaining Chinese or Malaysian citizens. At least, I am aware that many who worked for Freescale in Austin, TX had been here for several years (they were all Chinese or Malaysian; the only American passport was Philip Woods, who was not with the company).

This is not to point the finger at them, but simply to answer your question. Because of the nature of Freescale Semiconductor's work with the manufacture of aeronautical technology and aviation equipment (eg. radar-blocking technology and newer, patented technologies), I'm sure the authorities are considering any possible connections. (They have been looking at all the passengers, in fact, in addition to the pilots, as part of a thorough investigation.)

I have believed plane landed somewhere from get go. The realization of what may be aboard if plane resurfaces is terrifying to me

me too and we all (even govt) are actually powerless if really bad stuff on there

I have believed plane landed somewhere from get go. The realization of what may be aboard if plane resurfaces is terrifying to me. Someone posted back a few pages that it might be shot down if it takes flight. My concern was over highly populated area could be horrifying. I then started think shooting it down over water, depending on new cargo, could be just as devastating.

I think they know a lot and are somewhat scared of causing panic

As a citizen that's not a good answer. We are supposed to be prepared for hurricanes, tornadoes(as best we can) earthquakes(as best we can) we are told to prepare. I don't like or dislike Obama, he needs to speak. All the politician are hiding from this, Why, except I seen that Peter King, don't know what state or r/d?

Malaysia confirms it has new radar data on missing plane flying over another country (but won't say where for security reasons)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...flying-country-wont-say-security-reasons.html

Malaysian officials have confirmed they received 'some radar data' from other countries about the missing Flight MH370 today - but claimed they were 'not at liberty' to release the information.

Speaking at a press conference this afternoon, acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said Malaysia was continuing to co-ordinate the search for the missing Boeing 777-200ER.

He added: 'I can confirm that we have received some radar data, but we are not at liberty to release information from other countries.

Why now and they cannot release it publicly? :waitasec:
Derryn Hunch explained it really well in page 39 of thread 10. There is also a link to an article I posted last night - worth reading, it has lots of details.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/20...lding-mh370-data?mch=mobilenh&mchpost=tabloid

Information about the missing MH370 flight gathered from US spy satellites at a military base in Australia is being withheld from the Malaysian government, according to reports.

TY so they are like no big super deals etc then I supposed his friends would not be conerned if they found it on his !!

I mean if they were the deleted ones , sounds
They're available to anyone, even as free downloads.

Re; the passenger manifest posted earlier

I didn't see anyone with Austria or Italy nationality (which I believe is where the two stolen passports were from)? And I didn't see any Iranian nationality either.

Did they take those 2 passengers completely off the list?

I think this is a MAJOR find! Can we double, triple, quadruple check this? I think this is very serious!

ETA: ignore this post the Italian and Austrian are on the list.

Was ground control in on it? It's looking like the change in direction was communicated to them! I just found this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/19/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight-path-change/

The flight's Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System communicates various data to the ground, including engine reports, maintenance requirements and weather conditions. The last transmission from Flight 370's ACARS system came at 1:07 a.m.

The next update was due at 1:37 a.m. It never came.

While all information so far indicates that someone inside the cockpit, believed to be the co-pilot, made the last verbal communication with air traffic controllers -- "All right, good night" -- at 1:19 a.m., a law enforcement official told CNN that the plane's programmed change in direction was entered at least 12 minutes before the plane's verbal sign-off.

Thus, it appears the plane's ACARS would have transmitted the information that the flight path was reprogrammed.

I'm a lover of peace, early 70's hippy peace. I was talking to my friend about this today. I told him IMO, it doesn't matter who is on the plane, once that plane is over water they will take it down because it could save thousands more lives. Unfortunatly they could wait a couple yrs, till we relax alittle. Someone was relaxed at the military radars, idiots.

I don't think it's close enough to do harm to land( they will track it and force it to sea) before getting blown out my a real military into the ocean. JMO

On CNN it said it was games that were deleted.

That doesn't raise anything suspicious for me, I mean, if it's just games?

Flying games. How would that mean he was practicing landings on various strips, which is not even anything suspicious?

I have not heard anything about possibly practicing flying undetected.

BBM

If I have something I want hidden in my computer.....I would NOT *label* it such, I would label it as something else.......Like label it as *Games*.

Thinking outside the box......IF he was practicing for something like this.....He would NOT label something in his computer like " MY Plot to Steal a Plane" . To hide something would be to label it something else.

Not that this really matters IF it was just games.....but you have to think and look outside the box on everything. Nothing will just jump into your lap freely -- it will be hidden.....or named something is it not. MOO

treeswing.gif

Was ground control in on it? It's looking like the change in direction was communicated to them! I just found this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/19/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight-path-change/

The flight's Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System communicates various data to the ground, including engine reports, maintenance requirements and weather conditions. The last transmission from Flight 370's ACARS system came at 1:07 a.m.

The next update was due at 1:37 a.m. It never came.

While all information so far indicates that someone inside the cockpit, believed to be the co-pilot, made the last verbal communication with air traffic controllers -- "All right, good night" -- at 1:19 a.m., a law enforcement official told CNN that the plane's programmed change in direction was entered at least 12 minutes before the plane's verbal sign-off.

Thus, it appears the plane's ACARS would have transmitted the information that the flight path was reprogrammed.

Air Traffic Control does not receive ACARS transmissions. So they would not have known of a change being programmed into the flight computer. I am curious as to how they investigators just discovered this. Last night on CNN, their 777 pilot that they have been consulting with said he didnt think ACARS would transmit the change being merely programmed in, but only when that the turn was executed. He must be wrong. That wouldnt really surprise me, there really isn't any reason for a pilot to be all that familiar with the ACARS system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi