Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to few reports on twitter there have been search activities in the chitral mountains today. At least two helicopters and a search plane. Rumours are a huge fire was spotted there 10-12 days ago and rumours spreading 370 has been spotted there. There are a few sources tweeting this. I think ones a journalist ...am I allowed to post a link?

I should say Chitral mountains, Booni, Pakistan!

If the tweet is from a main stream media source you can link it. hth

According to few reports on twitter there have been search activities in the chitral mountains today. At least two helicopters and a search plane. Rumours are a huge fire was spotted there 10-12 days ago and rumours spreading 370 has been spotted there. There are a few sources tweeting this. I think ones a journalist ...am I allowed to post a link?

I should say Chitral mountains, Booni, Pakistan!

@Nuttymare.....Any other info about this??

Would like to hear!

desertsmile.gif

Good morning, all. Just got on and haven't caught up with last thread, but saw this in my Twitter feed; heart-warming, even though no results, yet:

Wall Street Journal ‏@WSJ 8h

Over 3 million computer users have scanned sections of the ocean online for signs of debris. http://on.wsj.com/1gN9bZW #MH370

This thing is driving me crazy. I'm going to go watch some real classy birds for a while.

The Decorah Eagles are sitting on their nest again with expected hatch date around the 1st of April.

If you never watched and love nature, it is awesome. This will take my mind off this a while.

WOW! Is there a way for you to film the hatching without disturbing the mom?

And this one, not so heartwarming. Be careful clicking links:

smh.com.au ‏@smh 14m

Cybercriminals use fake #MH370 websites to steal data. http://ow.ly/uJRru

Cybercriminals are exploiting the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines plane by luring users to websites purporting to offer the latest news in order to steal their personal information, an internet security firm warns.

Trend Micro urged internet users to exercise caution when clicking on links shared on social media for news of flight MH370, which mysteriously vanished from the radar in the early hours of March 8 while on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. ...

"Given the heightened interest in the missing flight, it was only time [before] cybercriminals used it to their advantage," TrendLabs expert Paul Oliveria said.

Another scam enticed Facebook users to click a link that leads to a page with the heading: "(BREAKING NEWS) Malaysia Plane Crash into Vietnam sea MH370 Malaysia Airlines is found!"

When the link is clicked, users are taken to a fake page with a "ready to play" video. Further clicks will prompt the user to share the link before the video can be viewed. ...

BBM

If in doubt about a social media link, don't click it; copy and paste it into your web address bar.

If you're on Twitter, you have an option in the left margin to click where you only get tweets from "people you follow" - probably a good idea, to weed out weird and useless tweets, and more importantly, those with links that would take you to a malware site.

*My Twitter account is for news only; "People I follow" are virtually all news sites, with links I've clicked.

To speed its efforts, the F.B.I. will probably make copies of the simulator’s hard drive and have its contents digitally relayed back to agents and analysts in the United States who specialize in retrieving deleted computer files. “Right now, it’s the best chance we have of finding something,” said a senior law enforcement official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the investigation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/20/world/asia/missing-malaysia-flight.html?hp

When the story first broke, ABC reported ..."Malaysia Airlines Flight Vanishes, Three Americans on Board - ABC News"
from the link:"A Malaysia Airlines flight with 227 passengers on board - including two adult Americans and an infant - has gone missing and a search and rescue team has been deployed to locate the aircraft, a spokeswoman has confirmed to ABC News."

I cannot remember a time when we didn't hear from the media the names and life-stories of people (Americans) involved in this kind of tragedy?

Something is odd to me about the lack of interest by the media in those three Americans on board-who is the child? (or children, because later I heard there were two children) who were they with?

I copied the MH 370 PASSENGER MANIFEST there is one American; Philip Wood. The others were Chinese children that were apparently born here

Girlfriend of Malaysia Airlines co-pilot is ‘pillar of strength’ for missing fiancé’s family

Captain Nadira Ramli, 26, was reportedly planning to tie the knot with Fariq Abdul Hamid, the 27-year-old who was in the co-pilot seat of the lost Boeing 777.

Ramli has now been given one month’s leave from her job flying planes. She’s moved into an undisclosed hotel in Kuala Lumpur to be with Hamid’s family. A relative described her as a "pillar of strength" for Hamid’s mother, who has barely slept since her son went missing.

"Nadira is positive about the incident and told her family not to listen to the TV. Despite what has happened, she still has a glimmer of hope," the relative told the Daily Express.

The couple was united by their love of the skies while they were both students at Langkawi’s Flying School. Hamid got a job with Malysia Airlines in 2007 and his girlfriend went on to fly for its rival, budget airline AirAsia. After knowing each other for nine years, they reportedly had plans to get married and start a family.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...mforts-family-article-1.1725449#ixzz2wQe3gdIO

I hope that SOMEBODY is! These families have enough to worry about without stressing about hotel bills :twocents:

I believe the airline has been paying.

When the story first broke, ABC reported ..."Malaysia Airlines Flight Vanishes, Three Americans on Board - ABC News"
from the link:"A Malaysia Airlines flight with 227 passengers on board - including two adult Americans and an infant - has gone missing and a search and rescue team has been deployed to locate the aircraft, a spokeswoman has confirmed to ABC News."

I cannot remember a time when we didn't hear from the media the names and life-stories of people (Americans) involved in this kind of tragedy?

Something is odd to me about the lack of interest by the media in those three Americans on board-who is the child? (or children, because later I heard there were two children) who were they with?

According to the passenger list, the Americans are a 51 year old male (his partner has been seen on several TV interviews) and a 2 yr old and 4 yr old who both have Chinese names. It is possible the parents of the children are not American, but the children were born in the States and thus are Americans.

This thing is driving me crazy. I'm going to go watch some real classy birds for a while.

The Decorah Eagles are sitting on their nest again with expected hatch date around the 1st of April.

If you never watched and love nature, it is awesome. This will take my mind off this a while.

Would love to see the eagles. Post pic if you can.

[Jonti Roos] says she has been contacted by the distraught family of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane co-pilot after she revealed his alleged misconduct on an earlier flight.

Ms Roos says she has been criticised as an attention seeker and even contacted by the family of Mr Hamid, who has become a key suspect in the mysterious disappearance of flight MH370.

"Obviously his family would have been upset by this," Ms Roos told Inside Story. "They told me that they felt he'd been painted in a bad light.

"But that wasn't my attention. I never said he was bad or incompetent.

"I understand why they'd be upset about this because they didn't know what happened in the cockpit, and they think I must have been blaming him – but I wasn't."

Ms Roos also defended telling her story despite the outrage it attracted from many.

"If any of my family members were on that flight then I would want to know absolutely everything," she said.

"Even if it does seem irrelevant I would want to know."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national...t-s-family-upset-at-cockpit-fun-whistleblower

If the tweet is from a main stream media source you can link it. hth

Ah its not. Will keep my eye on it. Journo said plane was reportedly a c3-orion. Looks like its been there for around 3 hours. Sorry no more info and it will probably end up another dead end but interesting! #mh370 Pakistan appears to be trending on twitter at the moment.

I've had a hard time understanding the pilot suicide theory. Why take 239 innocent people with you? Why not just crash the plane right away? Why go to great lengths to turn off transponders, fly at great altitudes, turn the plane around and fly for many hours into the remote Indian ocean where it is likely the plane may never be found? I wonder if the answer to all that is MONEY? I wonder what the difference between the insurance payout his family will get if the plane is never found and no cause determined versus what they would get if a crash is determined to be suicide?

10 theories...

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26609687

And conspiracy theories..

"Then there are other conspiracy theories. Some forum postings have pointed to the US military base in the middle of the Indian Ocean, on the tropical atoll of Diego Garcia. The island is owned by the UK but leased to the US. One of the more extreme theories circulating online claims that the Kremlin believes that the US "captured" the plane and flew it to its base. With a conspiracy theory of this magnitude it is difficult even to know where to start with the rebuttals.

A completely different thread of conspiracy theory assumes a sympathetic regime. The scepticism about flying undetected through radar changes somewhat if the hijackers are in cahoots with a country's government. There are several authoritarian regimes within the aircraft's range, but the conspiracy theory doesn't even require a government's co-operation - the hijackers could just be in cahoots with radar operators. Again, this seems to be a conspiracy of incredible complexity to be kept secret for this length of time. And what would the motive be for those colluding?"

My conpspiracy theory is that some country really did shoot the plane down after it entered its military radar unidentified, and they don't want to admit it.

JMO.

According to few reports on twitter there have been search activities in the chitral mountains today. At least two helicopters and a search plane... Chitral mountains, Booni, Pakistan!

Published media report on Chitral, Pakistan search:

When this correspondent contacted the Booni police, an official there confirmed that there were rumours about the crash of the aircraft in the mountains of Booni. He also confirmed that an aircraft of PAF had carried out a sureillance of the area on Wednesday. MPA Saleem Khan Khan rejected the veracity of the reports.

(BBM) Sounds like unfounded village rumors again, but you never know. Local authorities took a look, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member