Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding nothing else on this, I don't think it's reliable

I appreciate all of the links and info you're posting, Waddles. We've seen plenty of false/retracted stuff over the past couple of weeks, it just happens with a huge story like this :loveyou:

*think* this is new info.

Norwegian ship to continue search for Malaysia plane despite nightfall

"We will continue searching during the night at reduced speed and with all spotlights available, and we will increase the speed again when the light comes back (around 2300 GMT)," Ingar Skiaker, Chief Executive of Hoegh Autoliners, told a news conference in Oslo.

"We have not had any report of any finds, but if or when they find something... the captain will report to the Australian authorities first," he said.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/353475/news/world/norwegian-ship-to-continue-search-for-malaysia-plane-despite-nightfall

Hopefully this will be a comfort to the families that a ship there and could rescue any survivors.

:blowkiss:
I appreciate all of the links and info you're posting, Waddles. We've seen plenty of false/retracted stuff over the past couple of weeks, it just happens with a huge story like this :loveyou:

thank you :blushing:

I just thought I wish I lived in the correct time zone! If this keeps going on I thought , well I suppose I could take the Lunesta a noon, then I can just stay up all night when something might happen!!!!!!!!

On CNN again they just explained how the plane would glide down out of the sky after running out of gas whether piloted or not. The pilot (who is recreating the scenario in a flight simulator) says a plane of that size could glide for 100+ miles after running out of gas.

Not saying it would be a smooth landing, but it wouldn't be plummeting from the sky.

breaking news...spring has arrived as of 12:57 et. finally!

did you know, that since 9/11:

The Pentagon now has real-time access to the Federal Aviation Administration’s civilian air-traffic control system, allowing the military to immediately begin tracking any plane deemed suspicious by FAA personnel.

... the nation’s borders are now covered by a chain of overlapping radar arrays jointly overseen by the FAA and the Air Force to provide warning of an inbound threat.

The radar network has transformed ... “from one focused primarily on external air threats coming over the pole to a total North American coverage,”

the Air Force and Air National Guard have more than doubled the number of “alert” bases where armed fighter jets sit prepped to launch in seconds. There were just seven of those bases on 9/11, but the number had jumped to 18 by last year under Operation Noble Eagle, with jets and crews standing by for orders from NORAD to scramble and intercept.

the military also has land- and ship-based anti-aircraft missiles that can take down a rogue jet. Commanders, however, prefer to have a pilot’s eyes on any suspicious aircraft before giving the order to fire.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/missing-jetline-raises-fears-9-11-attack-article-1.1727525

What time is it in Australia right now? Are there still planes and ships out searching?

1:04 AM
Friday, March 21, 2014 (WST) Time in Perth WA, Australia

No planes. One ship, a Norwegian car carrier

What time is it in Australia right now? Are there still planes and ships out searching?

it's 1am in Perth. They will resume searches in the morning. Apparently the Norwegian ship is still searching overnight

This beauty is for the the A380- the biggest passenger jet in the world now --she is two stories for the whole length of the cabin!! They have not extended her yet -! but will carry over 650 people - yes in one machine!

WOW.....How COOL is that !!! I want one to mount on back of my 4-wheeler. :floorlaugh:

I have thought of an invention and since you have that picture there and since I doubt I can ever get it patented I will share.

An anti-bird-strike device that can be mounted in front of the engine and it would deflect birds away towards the outside of the engine. Have you ever seen those people wearing those GOPRO camera harnesses to film themselves walking. Well you would mount my device using an arm like that to get it in front of the intake fins. The device would basically be a series of very thin but hard angled blades sort of like that picture but not that shape.
They would be angled and layered to allow all the air to get through but deflect any birds that hit the fins. The angle of deflection would be to the outside away from the fuselage.

If anyone steals my idea and makes money, please just contact me and give me 2% is all I ask. Thanks. :floorlaugh:

My google link says 1:05am in Perth right now. Earlier there was a post that said they'd be back at it at first light, so we have a few hours to go.

They also said the weather was better today, so improved visibility will help them zero in on the debris.

The Pentagon now has real-time access to the Federal Aviation Administration’s civilian air-traffic control system, allowing the military to immediately begin tracking any plane deemed suspicious by FAA personnel.

... the nation’s borders are now covered by a chain of overlapping radar arrays jointly overseen by the FAA and the Air Force to provide warning of an inbound threat.

The radar network has transformed ... “from one focused primarily on external air threats coming over the pole to a total North American coverage,”

the Air Force and Air National Guard have more than doubled the number of “alert” bases where armed fighter jets sit prepped to launch in seconds. There were just seven of those bases on 9/11, but the number had jumped to 18 by last year under Operation Noble Eagle, with jets and crews standing by for orders from NORAD to scramble and intercept.

the military also has land- and ship-based anti-aircraft missiles that can take down a rogue jet. Commanders, however, prefer to have a pilot’s eyes on any suspicious aircraft before giving the order to fire.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/missing-jetline-raises-fears-9-11-attack-article-1.1727525

And yet a teenager still managed to thwart all security and make it to the SPIRE of the 1 World Trade Center for and stayed for two hours undetected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keir Simmons ‏@KeirSimmons 4m https://twitter.com/KeirSimmons

#370 relatives at today's meeting say they were asked to fill out a form if they wanted to be informed of info urgently... 13 days later...

Ugh. Okay, whenever I hear the term "ocean trash/garbage" when the news anchors talk about what else this debris could be, I just cringe. I mean, sure, that is what it could be, but there is still a chance that this is not only the plane, but the passengers, too. Just call it "ocean debris", please.

This is encouraging, however, I think one of the main issues we had and if we ever get into a situation where another passenger plane is being used as a weapon is someone having the authority to say "SHOOT". It seems we had jets in the air and going to intercept but it seems one of the huge issues was someone being able to give the pilots the OK to shoot it down (passengers or no passengers).

It seems to me that is one of the biggest issues we had on 9/11 and I sure hope it has been corrected where the pilots themselves have already been given permission in advance to shoot the darn thing down if its being used as a missile and even if people are on board.

And yes, even if me and my family was on the plane I would have no problem with my own government shooting me down if my plane was being used as a weapon.

Plotted the correct coordinates on Wunderground to keep track of weather in this middle-of-nowhere place. Daunting! This is satellite view. Sea surface temps also plottable, they appear to be about 50F. Wish I could link the image.

http://wxug.us/1eb47

FYI - today in Perth, Western Australia dawn will be at AWST 6:24am.

If you check the time of this post, that will be about 4 hrs 40 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member