Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why has the 45,000 to 20,000 descent never been put into the timetable here? Have I missed that? When did that happen? After they turned, before, or after they went through 3 checkpoints?

Have I just missed that in the threads? Can someone repeat what is FACT? (or presented as lastest *cough* fact)

TIA

It was before the 3 checkpoints.
IIRC, it was shortly after the plane disappeared off radar.
Not sure if it was before or after the turn. The 45 000 ascent was discussed before we knew about that turn the plane took.

Google Earth/Google Maps images are from 2012.
So IF those images on Google Earth are the same as the satellite images for this case, it's doubtful this is plane debris :sigh:

But what the heck that size could be floating for two years?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Tapatalk

I may be the minority, but, i completely understand the minimal or lack of info to the general public. It is a matter of national/int'l security and not everyone has good intentions in this world. We are on a need-to-know basis, as, IMO it should be.

Agree. Those that need the info are getting it. Meaning those searching. I hope the family's are getting improved support/info

And this series does it real neat they make it the mystery and for me pilot error is always confusing humans make mistakes ........

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecX1wxWjpgs"]The Crash of Air France Flight AF 447- Part 1 of 4 - YouTube[/ame]

To look up the area on Google Earth, you will need to enter these coordinates.
-43.976111, 90.960278

What would be the reason for officials not waiting even longer before announcing the "potential" location of the lost airplane?

After I saw the headline last night, I quickly called my brother before realizing the plane had not been located but may have been located. I called him back and apologized for the false alarm and he replied that it was still news. Boink.

Seriously though, SeriouslySearching (ha!), what are the legit reasons to say anything at all prior to confirming it had been found? Is it that someone would notice all the ships and aircraft headed in that direction and start rumors anyway?

My heart hurts for the family members and friends of the passengers. The uncertainty must be nearly unbearable to endure.
Exactly. If the media and others noticed the swarm of activity and rumors began to fly, I would think it more detrimental to the families. Like others have mentioned, the technology is such the Aussies know what they found only cannot verify it until they have it in their hands (and are not showing the world their capabilities). They met with the families last night to fill them in and prepare them so they appear to be fairly certain.

I concur concur and at some level it is enough already fine us reg people get nationial security fine release ONE real phot and say we are not telling which country it is from
it is not like any of us or the world are gonna say WOW they have capabilties lets all go out and be terrorists
they are supposedly sharing with each other and understand stuff public no

but just stop say nothing until you KNOW what it is where it is peroid
now, for all of us it is (besides family) means much more enough say nothing IMO, until you know for sure for real absol without doubt no question no verifcation needed no need to look at anything else

Never experanced anytihing like this it is I dont know what it is but I do not like it anymore

release what you KNOW that is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feel better

the

Yes, I cannot even imagine what it must feel like for the families. I understand what the fiance of Phillip Wood was saying when she was shown on TV saying all the countries are acting like a bunch of "teenage girls." And nobody wants to share anything.

One analyst on, I believe, FOX said that he thought one of the reasons for a hijacking would be for counter-intelligence - that is, he explained, to see what kind of capabilities different countries have. So in this sense, ok, it makes some sense that countries would be secretive, b/c maybe they are thinking as well that this is for counter-intelligence?

However, I don't understand for a country like China, because it was THEIR OWN CITIZENS. Let's be glad for one thing - that this was NOT on a Chinese airline. Because then, we'd all be in the dark, and that would include the families. Probably no press conference either. No media, only controlled media.

JMO.

Thanks. I also found this link that seems to show how to use the GPS coordinates to enter them and find the Maps. But of course we need those coordinates of the pieces and I havent seen where that info was released.

http://www.gearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?102-Using-coordinates-to-find-something

No coordinates released to public yet unless i missed it. If AUs have this info why is it difficult to find the spot? Shouldn't their navigation system take them right there?

I am worried for the air searchers. Hoping for their safety.

This is the real cockpit voice recorrder :
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZPvVwvX_Nc"]Hudson Flight 1549 HD Animation with audio for US Airways Water Landing - YouTube[/ame]

Respectfully snipped. I believe this first simulation was the great Caption Scholly and his fantastic landing in NY.

Thanks. I also found this link that seems to show how to use the GPS coordinates to enter them and find the Maps. But of course we need those coordinates of the pieces and I havent seen where that info was released.

http://www.gearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?102-Using-coordinates-to-find-something

In the image posted online Missing Jet Image
on top of the pic there is coordinates, and they you have to change them to work in Google Earth. or Google Maps.
COORDS 43:58:34S 090:57:37E (thats "S" is for South, and "E" for east)
-43.976111, 90.960278

Want to re post this... I really think this is the real deal.

Keir Simmons ‏@KeirSimmons https://twitter.com/KeirSimmons

Relatives of people on board flight 370 are locked in a meeting... Being briefed on the discovery of debris off the Australian coast.

Relatives of flight 370 passengers leave a 2 hour meeting in Kuala Lumpur... Have been told officials expect news within a few days they say

Wouldnt it be terribly disappointing if when they find the "pieces", it turns out to be the marker bouyes that other searchers put out earlier.

There is not a doubt in my mind that the buoys were placed to mark the spot of the debris seen in the satellite imagery. RAAF officers just didn't tell the Hercules crew what it was they were marking till the Hercules was on its way back. The crew would just have been given the GPS coordinates and been told to mark that area with the buoys.

Information is only usually given on a need-to-know basis here in Oz. :sigh:
Especially in defence force operations.

I remember this one second by second I remember my boss telling me the minute it broke ...live .....see people rescued .... that night Reagon giving State of Union congress went nuts he thanked the guy that jumped into the river to save her

It was goose bumps.... PS: the flight crew were AWFUL caused it indifferent AWFUL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa03FWEWEYg"]WLS Channel 7 - The 3:00 Movie - "Air Florida Flight 90 Bulletins" (1982) - YouTube[/ame]

Here is Reagon that night honoring the guy who jumped in and saved her. I cried that night and just watching it well

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PixWSSeKGtI"]Ronald Reagan Acknowledging Lenny Skutnik - 1982 - YouTube[/ame]

No coordinates released to public yet unless i missed it. If AUs have this info why is it difficult to find the spot? Shouldn't their navigation system take them right there?

Coordinates for the larger piece on the satellite image (posted on numerous news sites) are 43 58 34S 090 57 37 E

I was thinking - and this could be ridiculous given how much time has passed - but could it be debris from the tsunami?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/21/world/container-ship-loses-containers/

Containers do get lost at sea....not saying that's what was seen on satellite.

Wow. The article points out that the lost containers only represent one percent of all containers shipped annually. But, still, the specific examples add up to a lot of containers floating, eventually sinking, in the oceans or seas.

The company I worked for often used Maersk lines. You'd think they'd know by now not to pile the containers up so high (as per picture).

Just now heard on CNN that the weather is supposed to be even worse tomorrow.:banghead:

That's so sad. To be hampered by weather after so many days of waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member