Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather man on AC CNN saying they have good search weather for today. I thought other news outlets were saying bad weather sending planes back. crazy!

Yes, it's very confusing. CNN just now (8:05 pm CDT) reporting that bad weather is forecast for this coming week-end. The searchers just can't seem to get a break.

Yay, Jacksonville! My son is heading there soon on new orders :)

Just got back from being a good wife and making dinner. In for the long haul again tonight, just hoping that they find something today. I read about the "mystery phone call" while catching up... um, they should have checked phone records long ago - especially since they searched the pilot's home last weekend. Seriously, that's practically Websleuths 101, what is wrong with them???

Hopefully they obtained the phone records early in. Strange we are just hearing about it now. Then again information has be coming at us in a mixed bag. Perhaps reporters are digging for any new news?

Still searching
Battling weather from where planes depart
Pilot made a phone call from the cockpit to person unknown
That's about it

Thank you !.

And the stuff in the ocean was nill?

Per CNN: Confidence grows today that FBI will be able to recover info from Pilot's simulator.

How many days will they search before they call it quits if the debris is not found?

60 hrs. from now terrible weather in search site. Looking for a white object amongst white caps. Today and tomorrow best days. Per Chad Meyers CNN :banghead:

Okay, that makes sense now.
Ya, I agree there. I don't think there's any conspiracy or lying governments.

The governments may not be lying, but they do not appear to not be sharing information in a hurry.

I just believe there is more information out there, because nothing makes sense. :scared:

Has it been stated, what time zone is the actual search area in? I know that we know that Perth is 13 hours ahead of the central time zone in North America, but what about the actual search area?

Apologies if that has already been stated.

If I had to guess I'd say +7. Perth is +8.30 and this map tells me that that time zone ends right on the coast of Perth.

Link to time zone map- http://worldtouristmap.info/world-map-world-tourist-and-travel-maps/world-time-zones-map/

How many days will they search before they call it quits if the debris is not found?

It is going to be all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ who is gonna pay once media goes away its only "us"

CNN interviewing Norwegians in contact with the ship on the scene. They will use binoculars and onboard radar, as well as co-ordinate with Australian authorities in regards to co-ordinates to search. Nothing of significance yet.

The governments may not be lying, but they do not appear to not be sharing information in a hurry.

I just believe there is more information out there, because nothing makes sense. :scared:

ITA.
It could be because they have never had to deal with a case of this magnitude before. LE may not be forthcoming as well for the same reasons.

Still searching
Battling weather from where planes depart
Pilot made a phone call from the cockpit to person unknown
That's about it
BBM

What?

Been at work all day and just now catching up, however haven't heard anything (yet) on CNN regarding this. Where did this information come from, Malaysia government? Curious where in the sequence of events "in the cockpit" this phone call fell.

:waitasec:

MOO

I have had music on but no no now from this post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to put it on I feel like I am missing something

Yes, it's very confusing. CNN just now (8:05 pm CDT) reporting that bad weather is forecast for this coming week-end. The searchers just can't seem to get a break.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26671421
"Bimal Sharma, a merchant navy captain whose sister Chandrika was on the plane, told the BBC he had experienced "hope and then despair and then hope and then despair".

"I have been very hopeful because it was intentionally diverted, so I don't believed it was crashed," he said. "It's been a very, very difficult time, and very emotionally stressing.

"The area where Australia is looking - I was a captain at sea - I have been through that area several times. This area has got a concentration of garbage - plastics and wood. I don't know, I don't want to believe it as yet."

Well, some people really think this. Just like some people think the U.S. may have been involved in the "revolution" that took place in the Ukraine. The one where U.S. is now recognizing the neo-Nazi backed "winners" in Kiev?

Many people think our government sometimes lies to the citizens. It is surely not that unusual of a thought and one does not need to be a "conspiracy theorist" to believe this is so.

But it's okay. They only do it when they have something to hide!

I agree some people are too quick to trust the government, and that our government is capable of sophisticated operations, but there's a difference between mentioning the possibility and essentially asserting it as fact. "This was no crash - I know it was conspiracy - we'll never know the truth."

It detracts from us knowing stuff instead of adding to it, because it's basically saying "trust nothing - everything is a lie - but this is what actually happened based on my speculation." There's no debate that results, just confirmation bias. If people point out some specific suspicious things for discussion, that's helpful. We should not just go with the official story because there's no way they give us all the information on these things. But there's a difference between proposing it and acting as if it's the obvious scenario when it's not. I see claims that things would always/never happen that are simply false. "If there was a crash, there would be debris, so it didn't crash." That's definitely not true in the ocean. Contrast that with "until I see debris, given the other suspicious circumstances, I'm considering these possibilities," which is a reasonable discussion.

I think something of this magnitude was overwhelming for Malaysia. Unfortunate so much time was lost before they got it together. I'm sure there is much we don't know due to classified info. Good that Country's are willing to share on the QT. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak