Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible, say a soda or water bottle, could spill on the controls, or even accidentally get swatted and hit a control knob or something, and cause loss of control?

I would guess they are waterproof!? However, this leads to another question: are pilots allowed to eat/drink in the cockpit?

More info on the satellite that provided the wreckage images off Australia's coast:

Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: US satellite the unspoken source that sparked search for MH370

When the Australian official took to the podium to explain to reporters the discovery of satellite images that might show pieces of MH370, he carefully omitted to tell them the source.
The images were from a US satellite. The Australian Maritime Safety Authority's John Young did not mention this to the media.
When asked, he avoided the question.
And when reporters phoned Australian defence officials to ask the same question, they were given a firm "no comment" or "we can't discuss". This may seem odd, because the satellite's owners, the US company DigitalGlobe, were only too happy to tell the media. ...
The use of US satellite imagery was just one part of the international co-operation involved in the 26-country search and rescue effort.
The satellite imagery of many nations has been carefully "scrubbed" by analysts in the search for the Malaysia Airlines jet, a painstaking task: "This is human eyeballs working through a vast number of images," said an official involved in the effort.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/miss...h-for-mh370-20140320-355zt.html#ixzz2wcQ9LEAK

and

The satellite that may have found missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370
Date

March 21, 2014 - 3:45PM
DigitalGlobe confirmed on Friday that it was the one that provided the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) with the satellite images that were captured on March 16, showing the two objects in the Indian Ocean.
"We have been informed by an Australian government official that it was our imagery Prime Minister [Tony] Abbott referred to in his recent comments," the company said in a statement.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/te...light-mh370-20140321-3575p.html#ixzz2wcRfa1NY

MSM Source: http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2...rlines-plane-mh370-the-search-goes-on/?cs=305

In other words, this is the first time all this advanced intelligence collecting has been used to aid an airplane search.

(BTW, seems OZ worries about all this intelligence collecting, too...)

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/te...ahead-of-prying-five-eyes-20131015-2vky7.html

I just watched MH317 (the replacement of MH370) cross the Gulf of Thailand on PlaneFinder. This is the same Sat morning flight it took 2 weeks ago and so presumably other airlines would be flying there same flights. Notes, 317 crossed the Gulf of Thailand at 37,000ft. There were no other aircraft in the gulf for its full crossing. (At least none showing on plane finder) There was a Singapore Air plane going up the west coast of Malaysia over the Malacca Straight at the same time. That plane was a massive AirBus A380. There was a Singapore Air 777 that also tracked up the west coast of Malaysia shortly after. MH317 crossed back over land near the VietNam/Cambodia border.

rKFpx1B.png

The satellite pings are driving me crazy. I know this was the last ping, but this is not the route that the plane was following. It was just somewhere along the arc at 8:11 am. Why haven't they released the other satellite pings? Wouldn't that give a better pic of where the plane was going? Where's the 7:11 ping? The 6:11 one? If the plane was pingning hourly, shouldn't there be 5 or 6 more locations? I would love to see a map with all of the ping arcs on it. Officials have been very vague about which way the plane turned and when, but I have to think they have more info then they're releasing. We have the early movements and the end location range. What is in the middle that they don't want us to see??

Agree! Keeping the other ping arcs secret is very suspicious! What's up with that? I'm starting to question the validity of the "arcs." Actually, I question the validity of all info related to this investigation. I can't even begin to imagine the sub-agendas of the various parties. I just can't think that way... But I do know that things aren't always as they appear.

I'm so ticked off that the Malay ATC were not doing their jobs that night when the plane was going rogue. Look at all the misery, heartbreak, conflict and expense this is causing because of their screw ups. (And if it turns out in the end that the ATCs really were on the ball and they're being made scapegoats for some reason, I will happily retract this statement.)

Stay on topic. If you have a question about our rules, then contact a moderator privately. We are volunteers and we are following forum guidelines. I suggest everyone follow our lead. :tyou:

I'd like to ask possibly a stupid question. What type of computer technology did the 20 Chinese based out of Texas specialize in? Possibly or not the type of chips and equipment utilized on the aircraft? Not a popular question I'm sure. But somebody seems to me to have known about the technology and equipment of the "downstairs" part of the craft. Possibly more than the pilots themselves. Just wondering.

Reports are telling us that the plane flew steadily away after its final turn. I think we can assume where the pings hit since the southern flight path leads straight to the debris sighting. See hourly pings plotted in graphic below.

Searches on land near China in case the plane went north, which is merely a mirror of the southern route. Bloomberg.com

Bingo. That is the map some of us have been looking for. Thanks Miley.

Searches on land near China in case the plane went north, which is merely a mirror of the southern route. Bloomberg.com

Thanks for posting that image! As for the northern arc, I can see now why Malaysia wants to send a plane or two to Kazakhstan and set up some "home base" for the northern arc.

Reports are telling us that the plane flew steadily away after its final turn. I think we can assume where the pings hit since the southern flight path leads straight to the debris sighting. See hourly pings plotted in graphic below.

Great map!

I guess this is just showing the limits of my know-how...I can't for the life of me understand how, if "the plane flew steadily after its final turn" (which was northwesterly) it could have ended up waaaay south, down by Australia. Even with drift.

ETA: the northwesterly route was determined by military radar, NOT hypothesized via satellite 'pings.'

Can we refer to Australia as AU when used as an abbreviation and not OZ.

Thanks, Lambchop

I am not seeing where it shows the plane itself started heading south? Am I missing something?

I would guess they are waterproof!? However, this leads to another question: are pilots allowed to eat/drink in the cockpit?

In Malaysia? I'm sure, since they smoke in the cockpit, too.

I heard a military expert on Fox News (sorry forgot his name) suggest that they use some of the older aircraft that can detect "pings". Also forgot the name of the aircraft. Currently using state of the art Poseidon - but there is so much area to cover. He stated that we could supply at least 50 and another 50 from various countries - and then divide the search area into grids.

The time is ticking away - I think they said 18 days left - or the black box will stop pinging...which *greatly* reduces the chance that they could find it in the deep ocean or that they will ever have definitive answers.

Off Topic a bit : How many books do you think are already in the planning stages?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-18/malaysia-search-depends-on-sailors-looking-out-windows.html

While the black boxes are designed to withstand depths of 20,000 feet (3.8 miles) and may work in even deeper water, the range of the pings is a mile, according to manuals from Honeywell International (HON) Inc., the maker of the equipment. That may make the signals difficult to pick up even if an underwater microphone is over the correct location.

Rush Limbaugh just read a report supposedly leaked that some kind of cargo which was on this jetliner had come from The Maersk; the ship which was being guarded by the two retired Navy SEALS who were found dead under suspicious circumstances. It said that there is suspicion that the scene was staged to appear to be heroin overdose but they were murdered to get access to that cargo. The cargo was later transferred off of the ship to another secure location to await transport to the flight which eventually disappeared.

I don't have a link since I just heard it on the radio. MOO

Great map!

I guess this is just showing the limits of my know-how...I can't for the life of me understand how, "if the plane flew steadily after its final turn" (which was northwesterly) it could have ended up waaaay south, down by Australia. Even with drift.

This sudden southerly turn remains unexplained by those supporting the southern search area and/or those in favor of the Ghost Plane/incapacitated crew theory. It seems to me it has to be a controlled turn.

Some quotes regarding satellite imagery from press conference:

RCC Australia received an expert assessment for that satellite imagery this morning the 20th of March the images were captured by satellite they may not be related to the aircraft.

the assessment of these images were provided by the Australian Geo Spatial Intelligence Organization (AGO) as a possible indication of debris south of the search area that has been the focus of the southern search operation since Monday the 17th of March.

The image is in the vicinity of the search area defined and search in the past two days….further images are expected after commercial satellites were redirected to take higher resolutions of the areas of interest. These will be provided in due course.

Question- 00:39:25: What kind of satellite spotted the debris in the first place? And whose satellites was it?

***Air Commodore John McGarry***

00:39:31- Unable to advise on that…I simply do not know.

Question-00:39:35- You mentioned further satellite imagery, when do you expect to receive that?

00:39:37- Well, AGO will continue to provide all possible support to this operation. The ability to re-task assets, our commercial and others to enable us to focus here on an area to support this search will become a priority, but I’m unable to give you any advice on when additional imagery might even hold any other clues.

---------------------

John Young, Emergency Response Division General Manager, Australian Maritime Safety Authority

0:31:51 Australian maritime authority, assistance from Australian defense force, NZ, and Us navy
0:32:10 has received sat imagery of objects possibly related
0:32:22 received expert assess this morning
0:32:29 images captured by sat, may not be related to aircraft

0:33:08 sats are being redirected to take hi-res images of area

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com...s-conference-has-flight-370-been-found-click/

Great map!

I guess this is just showing the limits of my know-how...I can't for the life of me understand how, "if the plane flew steadily after its final turn" (which was northwesterly) it could have ended up waaaay south, down by Australia. Even with drift.

I am with you. "straight away" means to me based on where it was heading based on last known radar blips and so far I only see that was straight towards India. I dont see where radar ever picked up anything going due south?

Makes sense . CNN expert just said that when someone deletes files, they can be found if they have not written been written over by new data.

So I suppose, if I wanted to really get rid of something I would erase it early to make I have penty of time to cover up all the data that I do not want to be found.

And to make sure I suppose I would do it so that I had lots of stuff to put over it to make certain that I prohibited discovery down the road .

Stuff can still be found with the right tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove