Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow there was an upgrade data package to the Acars which Malaysia Air chose not to buy/upgrade.

Sigh.

Per CNN.

I don't have time to watch the entire 44 minute video right now but after watching the first 2 or 3 minutes there are obvious differences between what happened on flight 111 and what we know of flight 370. For instance, it appears that flight 111 went down in a matter of minutes and the pilot did attempt to communicate with ATC. I'll watch the entire video later - my cats are staging a revolt because their food dish is only half full.

Got ya'. They are all that long.

For each one, it is a simple part that fails, does not fit, does not register fuel, gets too hot, metal is worn, the list is long. For me, it was worth the time in my off time, because I thought these crazy directions on radar were too much to believe. It really is what happens. There are so many details in each crash, that I come to a fuller understanding. Much like cars that are out of control (obviously cars are smaller scale) planes lose control from the smallest of reasons. The type of metal used can be one, the type of copper wire can be one, the sizing of a part, the list is on and on, but think of all the recalled cars because the parts fail and the cars crash into buildings, humans cannot control them.

Basic mechanical failure, of varying size, even tiny.. :( I was shocked, but should not have been.

I'm still intrigued!
I think I'll continue to be intrigued even after we ever find out what happened.

The fact that a 777 can go missing without a trace is very weird, indeed.

Me too, I've been convinced it crashed from the start but that didn't take away any of the intrigue either!

On CNN, talking about capabilities of different ships, etc.. But they are saying the key is that the SEARCH AREA MUST BE NARROWED. He is saying it's no use if you have an extremely large search area.

IDK this is a very daunting task indeed.

I agree. A very daunting task.
Especially if no one has ANY IDEA where to narrow the search area to...

Those images were from the 16th right? Does that mean there are none from the following days? What? did they just stop? I thought it ran all the time. ty

So since it is leaning towards this plane being in the ocean now has anyone explained why the ELT didn't send signals to the satellite that the plane had crashed? It's obviously not complete electronic failure if the plane flew until it ran out of fuel so????

The ELT will only send signals if it's not fully submerged in water. Some will only send signals if it's submerged no more than 4 meters under water.
The majority work only on the surface of the water, though.

Distress radiobeacon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is like a Faberge egg....a story within a story within, ad infinitum. Snoops, politics, war gear competition etc etc etc. I have no clue anymore. Analysis could all be a ruse. I'm perplexed and disgusted. jmo

Thank you Pocoloco! :seeya:

I am stunned...

May I ask a few questions?

what is the date of these google images (originally)

I cannot see the objects... As my eyes are definitely letting me know that I need to see an optometrist... But can others see the objects on these images?

Because... If these images of the objects were taken BEFORE March 7th ( when the plane disappeared...) ...

then I am absolutely gobsmacked... :gasp:

I don't see them either!
I just see waves.

:dunno:

For some reason I've always had the feeling that the plane went on the northern route and landed somewhere. I find it very suspicious that they haven't released the other arcs for earlier satellite pings. The only reason they would want to keep that confidential is if it strongly indicated it went over other countries' airspaces.

If it took the southern route to nowhere, I'd expect that the pings would indicate a steady, straight path. If they went north, there would prob be stuff to indicate more of a zig-zag pattern.

They have nothing to hide if it strongly indicates it went south.

Those images were from the 16th right? Does that mean there are none from the following days? What? did they just stop? I thought it ran all the time. ty

mck;

We have no confirmation, and will never get any, so I'll tell you what I think.

The images were discovered by the 16th or before, then other forces that be zoomed in. These images were "eventually" shared. Then, when these warring Countries got over themselves, and perhaps even snail mail idea to Malaysia, the images were enhanced by one of the forces that can zoom in to a freckle. By then, the debris is hundreds to thousands of miles across, or, most likely down. Sorry this seems so negative, but it is what it is.

If there are new images, that means disclosing more ability to see closely, however, I do think they will be shared if spotted. The likelihood of floaters or near enough to surface is slimming.

For some reason, I feel certain something will show up somewhere, but not much. Wish that raft could have been dragged in. Not many that heavy. They did try, and they didn't know, they were on a boat.

So while I was at the laundromat this morning I thought of something. Malaysian officials seemed to stonewall the investigation until the Australians said they saw something on satellite. I wonder if the Malaysian government knows that the satellite photos couldn't possibly be the plane because they know where it is.They are cooperating to keep other areas from being searched.

Just a conspiracy theory I thought of. :eek:

What makes the most sense to me to explain the possibility of a fight happening between the two pilots, is if one of them took action to take the flight off course against the other pilot's will. That might explain the erratic behavior the airplane displayed in the sky as well.

It's difficult to imagine they'd get in a physical altercation over anything other than the way the plane was being flown imo. But agree a fight may have happened for the reason stated above.

Its happened several times before...

Crew distraction due to personality clashes or volatility between crew members degrading co-operation and flight critical communication has been suspected and I believe confirmed as a cause of a number of crashes.

In high demand flight operations (military operations, civilian operations that can have several high demand for attention factors thrown at them like traffic with weather and an on board issue that is dividing much needed attention from problems that would usually require all 100% if it) there is also a very serious need to consider crew personalities and if possible, team them up with others they work well with. One of the aircraft I served in demanded very high levels of crew cohesion - low level (treetops) flying at night around or above Mach 1 speeds meant that there was no time for funny business and crews were deliberately paired together based on their personalities and almost intuitive communications when possible. The results of failing to do this resulted in attributable crashes several times.

A breakdown of communication, personal issues between people or inability to trust or know when its appropriate to question a more senior crew member can quickly deteriorate into a deadly situation just waiting to happen.

I just can't see any evidence at all that would give any kind of reason to believe that this crew somehow conspired and were working together if this was indeed involving them... I mean, the chances of one pilot doing something like this is so so so small, but the chances that two of them who have not otherwise requested to fly together specially or had any other investigations draw unexplained connections between them outside of professional normals.

So by that theory, if one was involved, you would assume the other guy was going to oppose any hostile actions taken and therefore they would have had to have sorted things out up there...

I just dont see it though

I really have a feeling we're not going to know much more for quite some time, and that's so unsettling and awful for those in limbo right now :(

So while I was at the laundromat this morning I thought of something. Malaysian officials seemed to stonewall the investigation until the Australians said they saw something on satellite. I wonder if the Malaysian government knows that the satellite photos couldn't possibly be the plane because they know where it is.They are cooperating to keep other areas from being searched.

Just a conspiracy theory I thought of. :eek:

I would tend to think Malaysian authorities are clueless as to where this plane is!
MOO

Alleged transcript is on Telegraph UK website. I make nothing of it.

mck;

The images were discovered by the 16th or before, then other forces that be zoomed in. These images were "eventually" shared. Then, when these warring Countries got over themselves, and perhaps even snail mail idea to Malaysia, the images were enhanced by one of the forces that can zoom in to a freckle. By then, the debris is hundreds to thousands of miles across, or, most likely down. Sorry this seems so negative, but it is what it is.

If there are new images, that means disclosing more ability to see closely, however, I do think they will be shared if spotted. The likelihood of floaters or near enough to surface is slimming.

For some reason, I feel certain something will show up somewhere, but not much. Wish that raft could have been dragged in. Not many that heavy. They did try, and they didn't know, they were on a boat.

I don't think its anything quite that extreme. I think the photos were taken by commercial satellite on the 16th. It took a few days before they saw the potential debris in the photos, they transmitted to Australia who had their guys look at the photos. They wanted to be as sure as possible before sending assets out that far into the ocean and/or raising hopes the plane had been found. By the time the search craft get out there, the debris has likely sank.

I would tend to think Malaysian authorities are clueless as to where this plane is!
MOO

Really? That was my first theory. It gets deeper into the areas, but I do love a good conspiracy theory. Of course, those are again, just my thoughts.

mck;

If it were me and knowing the debris would more than likely move, alot, I would stay on it continously. can't believe they would just not track it. That is freaking stupid. I wouln't let it out of my sight. BTW, what raft? ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member