Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Williams ‏@WilliamsJon 3m https://twitter.com/WilliamsJon

Search Saturday 50% bigger than area searched Friday. 6 planes will search 22,000 sq miles. Friday 5 planes searched 14,000 sq miles #MH370

yes, that one. I was commenting on JerseyGirl's post that she quoted from an article way upthread - moving too fast to find it quickly now. But yes, someone somewhere is attempting a connection between those alleged heroin ODs and the cargo allegedly on this plane. Sounds super far-fetched but I have now seen it more than once. Another crazy theory I guess.

Okay, got it.

Well, could be, but, flying heroin out of that side of the planet is not a big deal. Unless someone is having drug turf wars, but not connected to getting rid of 2 navy seal security guards. Oh, wait movement. We don't know if anyone was on the flight to move drugs. Interesting, but too much loss and public attention to a flight of people from all Countries. I think. I dunno.

And for this reason I have decided that whenever I fly I will take a permanent marker pen, and if things start going wrong I will write it all over the inside of the plane (along with messages for my loved ones, obvs) so that I know you lot will have your questions answered!

Just noticed this since Nymeria bumped it.

Make sure it is a Sharpie brand, the other brands wash off in rain. Love it. Get the big one, not the mini.

(Adding Sharpie to my fly list of crap to carry, if allowed.)

Do any of the islands or land masses in the area have shelf like structure on the shore edge that the plane may be wedged in? I know, crazy!

Not sure what you mean. If not interested in debris, why are all these countries spending millions and risking lives? ty

No, no, no.

I think some Country found the images. Given the politics in the area, none of the Countries talk unless asked to, and, sometimes if asked, still do not.
This means that a Country with satellite saw the images, and was concerned, but could not make contact the day they found them. Therefore, being military (satellite images) had to sit on it, and get on with worries of fly over attacks or ship attacks first, before they could offer the images. Politics and the many lives in the Countries come before the images, even if they wanted to hand them over, politics and security come first. Millions before a few.... Hope you get what I am trying to say. Hope I am not breaking the rule of politics in politics thread, it is unavoidable in this one though.

Originally Posted by CARIIS in Thread #12
This has been a big theme ....................just like a murder the wife/ husband is always looked at first ............them going into the pilots lives happens in every aviation accident this is no different-- just part of the investigation
Its not personal they do when they last ate , how long they slept, how many hours flown last 90 days, how is marriage, kids. Rx use, drinking habits, how you spent the last 72 hours , you ever flown with copilot before, what do you think about him/her, they ask colleagues to rate them , they talk to their bosses, their neighbors, their kids, get their bank records,
its a mystery ...
**my apologies for this post landing randomly amidst unrelated discussions, as well as possibly regurgitating an already thoroughly discussed topic, due to my playing "catch-up"**

My main reason for bringing over this post is to share a PDF link that I had downloaded long ago(a couple years back when the horrific plane crash took place over open water, in the middle of the night..my mind is going blank on the specific flight and date ATM regarding that specific tragedy), but anyhow that's when I came upon this PDF link that contains the 200 page final draft report on the Helios Airways plane crash that took place in Greece, 2005.

It definitely backs up exactly what CARIIS mentions in her above post regarding the extremely thorough nature of an investigation into these exact type of situations concerning plane crashes, the direct cause, as well as indirect causes, and every single detail that one could ever even imagine being thoroughly, and exhaustively investigated to the max. Of course the flight crew is included and IMO, this particular PDF(linked to below) gives you a very clear and accurate picture of the thoroughness I speak of above..

If anyone's interested, and have the time, its definitely interesting to say the least, informative, and IMO, is relevant to the type of situation that is presently unfolding with Maylasian Flight #MH370.

Link to PDF:
www.aaiasb.gr/imagies/stories...11_2006_EN.pdf

I still don't believe the plane crashed into the ocean. Having just watched the link somebody posted of the Swiss flight that crashed into the water, lots of debris was floating and just being scooped up. What have they found floating so far? Nothing!

Debris was easy to spot in the Swiss Air disaster because ATC was able to pinpoint where the plane had went down. Fishermen out on the ocean were able to see the plane come down (I think), and went to the location immediately to try and rescue any survivors. ATC knew where the plane had went down and was quick in getting help to the area.

In MH370's case, after contact was lost, it went unreported for 2 hours, IIRC. That time should have been spent trying to find out if the plane did in fact go down after that last contact. With no one knowing where this plane is, finding debris will be very hard. What with currents, weather, wind...the debris could be kilometers away from a crash site, if there is one.

Debris was easy to spot in the Swiss Air disaster because ATC was able to pinpoint where the plane had went down. Fishermen out on the ocean were able to see the plane come down (I think), and went to the location immediately to try and rescue any survivors. ATC knew where the plane had went down and was quick in getting help to the area.

In MH370's case, after contact was lost, it went unreported for 2 hours, IIRC. That time should have been spent trying to find out if the plane did in fact go down after that last contact. With no one knowing where this plane is, finding debris will be very hard. What with currents, weather, wind...the debris could be kilometers away from a crash site, if there is one.

How long did it actually take before Malaysia took its first look for the missing plane? Thanks.

Including, but not limited to:

1. The pilots still had the ability to talk and be heard in the cockpit even with ACARS & transponder shut down (?)
2. The mileage comparison
3. The total silence of the US govt
4. The ability of these planes and the engines to send out constant data!!!
5. The lack of any real data that says the plane went south to the Indian Ocean

ETA: This refers to the interview with Gen McInerney that I posted a few posts back.

Two of the Boston Marathon bombing were from Kazakhstan, Also the Russians used Semipalatinsk as a nuclear testing ground until the break up of the Soviet Union. There are photo's of the birth defects due to the nuclear testing.

Semipalatinsk Test Site - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The majority are Muslim.

*BBM*

Weren't they from Chechnya?

ETA- What are you saying with your post though IliketoBend? Not being a smart arse, just wondering if you are replying to something....(This thread can get confusing :scared:)

TIA! :seeya:

No, no, no.

I think some Country found the images. Given the politics in the area, none of the Countries talk unless asked to, and, sometimes if asked, still do not.
This means that a Country with satellite saw the images, and was concerned, but could not make contact the day they found them. Therefore, being military (satellite images) had to sit on it, and get on with worries of fly over attacks or ship attacks first, before they could offer the images. Politics and the many lives in the Countries come before the images, even if they wanted to hand them over, politics and security come first. Millions before a few.... Hope you get what I am trying to say. Hope I am not breaking the rule of politics in politics thread, it is unavoidable in this one though.

I gotcha. It's a damn shame too isn't it? ty

I gotcha. It's a damn shame too isn't it? ty

Yes. I used to worry and cry over the world, a lot. Still do sometimes.

The truth is, as long as humans (and dinosaurs, or whatever) exist, war will be there.

Odd note. Roaches have been on earth since it began, as gross as they are. They don't build, perfect, war (with us anyway other than being germ carriers), and are still here. Odd anthropological observation.

Wanted to point out some things in the transcript:

1. The plane was told to head towards (I guess, target) the IGARI waypoint. Wasn't that the waypoint that military radar picked up the plane? If so, the plane wasn't going off course yet. The IGARI waypoint was part of the plane's intended flight path? Am I understanding that correctly, or not?

2. Finally, we have some context into the "All right, good night." We now know the pilot was told to contact Ho Chi Minh City, and that was why he responded with "all right, good night." Obviously contact was never made.

3. The disclaimer at the bottom regarding the translation. I doubt the communication was in Mandarin. I am going to say it was either in Malay or English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth