Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long did it actually take before Malaysia took its first look for the missing plane? Thanks.

I want to say 2 hours, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

ETA: Plane left KL at 12:40, and contact was lost 40 minutes later. I just looked on Malaysia Airlines site and found this statement
Sepang, 8 March 2014: Malaysia Airlines confirms that flight MH370 has lost contact with Subang Air Traffic Control at 2.40am, today (8 March 2014).

From the time the plane took off to when MA was notified of the disappearance is 2 hours (give or take).

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/dark-site.html

And, do they have a problem with the many on the flight or Malaysia? Most of the flight are Chinese, a few in the FreeScale company, the rest are from everywhere. What does FreeScale have to do with Chechnya?

I have NO clue what is going on here.

My post was asking about IliketoBends post, not sure what you are saying either Merc.

:facepalm: I feel like I dropped a hit of acid.

ETA- I think I must have missed the beginnings of this discussion.

Daily mail definitely tabloid not legit - mix of usually sensationalized "news" and people news, real and rumor

I think is going on ---more and more stuff that is bothersome keeps coming today. I think govts are saying we are investigating everything. I think for agencies intially, just minimized everything and see if they could leave it there

Today lith batts
Later hard drive erasures

IMO, the cargo handlers and Free Scale are, Monday, gonna be the next ones up!

I have NO clue what is going on here.

My post was asking about IliketoBends post, not sure what you are saying either Merc.

:facepalm: I feel like I dropped a hit of acid.

ETA- I think I must have missed the beginnings of this discussion.

Can I have some of that? I'll be happy with a small cut from the corner. :D (If it's liquid, well, I'll take only one tiny drop.)

I missed something too, but it must have been posts, not Mr. Leary.

Wanted to point out some things in the transcript:

1. The plane was told to head towards (I guess, target) the IGARI waypoint. Wasn't that the waypoint that military radar picked up the plane? If so, the plane wasn't going off course yet. The IGARI waypoint was part of the plane's intended flight path? Am I understanding that correctly, or not?

2. Finally, we have some context into the "All right, good night." We now know the pilot was told to contact Ho Chi Minh City, and that was why he responded with "all right, good night." Obviously contact was never made.

3. The disclaimer at the bottom regarding the translation. I doubt the communication was in Mandarin. I am going to say it was either in Malay or English.

I think it meant the transcript they'd seen was in Mandarin, which had originally been translated from English so they translated it back. I guess that means the Chinese released the transcript for some reason.

Fantastic images and ongoing updates here:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/21/mh370-search-for-missing-plane-resumes-at-daybreak-live

The current top graphic shows the searched areas. Interesting that it is moving east so quickly due to the currents.

Lol they updated and it is no longer the most current image.

From the link I posted last night:

• Questions have been asked about the possible risk to the flight of a consignment of lithium ion batteries that were in the cargo. Ahmad Jauhari Yayha, the MAS Group CEO, said these were not classed as dangerous goods and it was common for airlines to transport them, but reports suggested such batteries were known to be unstable at altitude and could catch fire if not transported correctly.

The search continues, two commercial jets and RAAF P3 Orion aircraft have just left Perth for #MH370 search area (9am EST). Many have wondered on Websleuths why departure times are so late. The departure times have been given in Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney time), Perth is three hours behind Sydney. Therefore the search has resumed at daybreak.

I think the only theory that does not have holes is the hijacking theory.

I just can't get over the transponder shutting off 2 minutes after the pilot's last message to the tower.

Seems to me if something so critical had happened that quickly after pilot check in, the wreckage would be not too far from that area.

I think this plane was stolen, plain and simple and to find the plane they will need to enter into an actual country.

air disaster - valujet flight 592 - YouTube
Yes! They have to know ignition traits, toxicity etc so if something happens they have to include those variables in an emergency! Sign off on manifest , but all that has to happen is stuff labeled wrong

. That is what happened in Valu Jet and it bought down a DC 9 killing everyone.

BUT VJ was important accident . It resulted , with Ms Shaivo(!) to have regulations related to fire suprpresion and alarms in cargo holds!

ATC recording Valu Jet -- Notice that from around 1:28 afterwards the cockpit crew were never heard from again.

ValuJet Flight 592 - ATC Recordings [IN-FLIGHT FIRE] - YouTube

Animation of crash sequence - this one is not from NTSB but they do amazing animations for presentions at the public hearings.
Trial Graphics: ValuJet Flight 592 Everglades Crash - Aviation Litigation Animation - YouTube

Is the Daily Mail legit?
I have heard some along the way in these threads say they are kind of like a tabloid. Just wondering if someone can clarify.

This is what they printed , direct quotes from CEO of airline

CHANGING RESPONSES FROM CEO
What Ahmad Jauhari said four days ago:

When asked at a press conference if there was any dangerous cargo on board, he replied: 'We had a load of mangosteens headed to China. It was a large quantity - about three to four tonnes of mangosteens,' he said to laughter from the media.

What he said today:

'We carried some lithium-ion small batteries, they are not big batteries and they are basically approved under the ICAO (The International Civil Aviation Organisation) under dangerous goods.'

Daily mail definitely tabloid not legit - mix of usually sensationalized "news" and people news, real and rumor

Daily Mail is as legit wrt the truth as a bunch of 15 year old girls gossiping behind the toilet blocks during lunch hour.

But I still read there. Just have to be aware that it's mostly fabricated and sensationalised ;)

*BBM*

Weren't they from Chechnya?

ETA- What are you saying with your post though IliketoBend? Not being a smart arse, just wondering if you are replying to something....(This thread can get confusing :scared:)

TIA! :seeya:

They were from Chechnya, but a friend of theirs was from Kazakstan, and I think he was arrested or detained for hiding the younger brother's backpack once he realized what had happened.

The search continues, two commercial jets and RAAF P3 Orion aircraft have just left Perth for #MH370 search area (9am EST). Many have wondered on Websleuths why departure times are so late. The departure times have been given in Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney time), Perth is three hours behind Sydney. Therefore the search has resumed at daybreak.

Also remember that the search site is about 2500km further west of the Australian coast, so if they leave in the early hours (eg 6am) in Perth (which is 9am AEDT) they arrive at dawn 2 hours later at the search site.

Eta: to complicate things further, the times given are NOT AEST. Canberra time is AEDT. AEDT is 3 hours ahead of Perth (NSW and ACT). AEST is 2 hours ahead (Qld). That will change soon.

Edited again to add a link:

http://australia.gov.au/about-australia/our-country/time

So to recap: times given are in AEDT, which is 3 hours ahead of Perth. When DST changes soon any times will be in AEST, which is 2 hours ahead.

Daily Mail is as legit wrt the truth as a bunch of 15 year old girls gossiping behind the toilet blocks during lunch hour.

But I still read there. Just have to be aware that it's mostly fabricated and sensationalised ;)

True, but I doubt even they would make up quotes attributable to the CEO!

From the Wiki Iliketobendpages just posted-

MHbuddy social networking service

In 2011 Malaysia Airlines introduced a social seating plan that allows passengers to pick seatmates before their flight. The plan lets passengers share their social network profiles and photos with other passengers on the same flight.

Not really pertinent, I just found it interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth