Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also an interesting incident from the Wiki-

1 August 2005 - a Boeing 777-200ER registered 9M-MRG operating Malaysia Airlines Flight 124 departed Perth for Kuala Lumpur. Climbing through 38,000 feet a faulty accelerometer caused the aircraft's Air Data Inertial Reference Unit (ADIRU) to command changes of altitude. The flight crew overrode the ADIRU and manually returned to land the aircraft at Perth. The subsequent investigation led the US Federal Aviation Administration to issue emergency airworthiness directive 2005-18-51 on the fly-by-wire software.

RE: just can't get over the transponder shutting off 2 minutes after the pilot's last message to the tower.

And we all remember the media the day this came out -- endless!

BUt from the begining, to this day. I can not understand why that is huge to media.

What is the connection, how does it impact any of this, by that point we already knew about the turn, and that obviously the plane was under control by someone with flying skills?

stayontopicdots_zps1f0298b7.gif

True, but I doubt even they would make up quotes attributable to the CEO!
True. I should have said "usually" because they do run legitimate stories sometimes and they've been covering this situation in line with MSM.

Again from DM:

Lithium-ion batteries are found in everyday items including laptops, mobile phones, iPods and other electrical products. They are very common, because pound for pound, they are one of the most energetic rechargeable batteries available.

The batteries do have the ability to burst into flames, and while it is uncommon, when they ignite they can cause an extreme fire. Lithium-ion batteries are very sensitive to high temperatures. Heat can cause the battery packs to degrade much faster than they normally would. If the battery fails there is a chance the pack could burst into flames.
They can pose a danger and safety hazard since they contain, unlike other rechargeable batteries, a flammable electrolyte and are kept pressurised.

Radar also confirmed the flight later dropped to 23,000ft which, according to Mr Vincent, is a diversion altitude set by manufacturers to limit the spread of the fire.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Airlines-finally-admits-dangerous-cargo.html

I was up all night. Watched the Sean Hannity interview with Gen. McInerney at least three times. He speaks with such certainty. Hard to believe he is not in the know.

Sadly, speaking with certainty is not a sign of telling the truth.

All the "experts" view the MH-370 disappearance through a personal lens often tailored to promote their own agendas. We should critically analyze any claim made by any of them.

Given the limited information known, the "experts" that deserve the most consideration are those who allow for multiple possibilities for the plane's fate.

This is what they printed , direct quotes from CEO of airline

CHANGING RESPONSES FROM CEO
What Ahmad Jauhari said four days ago:

When asked at a press conference if there was any dangerous cargo on board, he replied: 'We had a load of mangosteens headed to China. It was a large quantity - about three to four tonnes of mangosteens,' he said to laughter from the media.

What he said today:

'We carried some lithium-ion small batteries, they are not big batteries and they are basically approved under the ICAO (The International Civil Aviation Organisation) under dangerous goods.'

Stricter International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) regulations for the bulk shipment of lithium batteries by air took effect on January 1. Smaller quantities and packages of the widely used batteries, which can overheat and catch fire, now stand subject to labeling, packaging and documentation requirements.

So , if they claim they did not discover they were there until releasing it today either that is not a truth OR

MAL Kargo is not applying to properly labeling dangerous goods

I wonder what other dangerous goods in that cargo bay not marked........

http://ainonline.com/aviation-news/...es-take-effect-transporting-lithium-batteries

True. I should have said "usually" because they do run legitimate stories sometimes and they've been covering this situation in line with MSM.

Daily Mail has it's faults but they tend NOT to err on the side of caution with their news and so often they release info that is confirmed by more reliable news channels later on.

I'm not a DM reader, but, as I've said before, their photos and diagrams are pretty good (if repetitive) so sometimes worth a look!

Interesting a cargo smoke detector went off. I had not heard that until now.

Note... The tweet refers to earlier crashes (other flights) involving lithium stuff...

It does not refer to flight 730...

HTH...:seeya:

Stricter International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) regulations for the bulk shipment of lithium batteries by air took effect on January 1. Smaller quantities and packages of the widely used batteries, which can overheat and catch fire, now stand subject to labeling, packaging and documentation requirements.

So , if they claim they did not discover they were there until releasing it today either that is not a truth OR

.[/I][/quote]

http://ainonline.com/aviation-news/...es-take-effect-transporting-lithium-batteries

One point that seems to have disappeared from discussion is when the Vietnamese control tower asked one of their pilots to contact 370. The pilot reported back he got a muffled response. Why did Vietnam not follow through and report this back to Malaysia Air Traffic Controller? Was the ball dropped here that might have prevented this missing plane?

There is nothing ATC could have done to help the plane.

Neither Malaysian nor Vietnamese ATC even had any idea where it was.

If a pilot doesn't respond and a plane vanishes off radar, ATC is powerless.

One point that seems to have disappeared from discussion is when the Vietnamese control tower asked one of their pilots to contact 370. The pilot reported back he got a muffled response. Why did Vietnam not follow through and report this back to Malaysia Air Traffic Controller? Was the ball dropped here that might have prevented this missing plane?

And is there a recording of this?

No they weren't!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security

The brothers who are alleged to have planted bombs near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday reached the United States in 2002 after their ethnic Chechen family fled the Caucasus. They had been living in the Central Asian republic of Kyrgyzstan and were prevented from resettling in war-racked Chechnya.

They were of Chechen ethnicity, but lived in ( sorry it's on the southern border of Kazakhstan) Kyrgyzstan.

RE: just can't get over the transponder shutting off 2 minutes after the pilot's last message to the tower.

And we all remember the media the day this came out -- endless!

BUt from the begining, to this day. I can not understand why that is huge to media.

What is the connection, how does it impact any of this, by that point we already knew about the turn, and that obviously the plane was under control by someone with flying skills?

If transponders are still pull fuses, the end of a fuse could go bad, or the wire core of the fuse. No one says all airlines keep up with regular maintenance.

It is was computer, it could have shorted out from the chip. Computer chips do not last long, especially if there is dust, humidity, cigarette smoke, temps over or under 70 degrees. They are simply soldered parts on some sort of ply-board.

If it is toggle switch, or knob, they also stop within an instant with no one knowing.

I am thinking communication is where the problems began. There are so many simple answers that no one says.

**Some reasons no one says**

No one says as they don't think of them, AND, Boeing could be sued for billions. Not that Boeing couldn't argue the continued need for keeping up the plane, but simple elements, longevity of flying planes, are big $$$$ issues.

Malaysia can be sued. Not that the Country has money, but it could cripple them further, if they cheaped out planes (we already know they did, and reasons are moot with citizen deaths), I think Malaysia knows this is not good and the world will know, and 239 passengers family members know.

Politically, it is a disaster for Malaysia and any other Country that is involved and must speak as the World has turned, and some countries do not let their citizens know about freedom or diplomacy - not that either work well, but better than what those countries have.

Chilly, here it is, but the suicide video was one too. I don't think that is what this case is, I think turn back was after something went wrong and communication was lost before the pilots knew, due to any sort of bad part or malfunction that was not noticed. Knowing parts and their actions, it literally can take seconds for a part to fail or short. I do ask that any that are interested watch some of these. I have been learning a lot.

Here is the video that got me started:

The Swissair Flight 111 Aviation Accident - YouTube

My friend just pulled up the schematic of the 777's system in the hatch below the cockpit. ALL communications systems are on one "bus" so if it caught fire it could easily destroy any ability to communicate http://www.davi.ws/avionics/TheAvionicsHandbook_Cap_29.pdf

It is scary they are all in one place, it just takes a short to destroy it

.[/I]

http://ainonline.com/aviation-news/...es-take-effect-transporting-lithium-batteries[/QUOTE]

Are those standards binding or just suggestions?

Adding to this - would mangosteens float?? (thinking of apple bobbing)

Like any fruit, some will float, some will not. Depends on the varied level of ripeness.

Fruits have seeds, seed areas have air pockets, etc...

I would be grateful if you stop asking every guest "What is going on here"

If, half a month in, you have not caught on that noone has a clue ...........!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily