Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As i went to bed last night i put the tv on to cnn for updates. There was someone discussing the pings from the sattelite. Apparently the pings that came every hour before 811am came from outside the radius of the last ping. This means if the plane did fly south then it went over Indonesia.
I think they said this information was straight from the sattelite company. Did anyone else see this report?

Yes, Jeff Wise was on "Out Front" with Erin Burnett. Here's his blog post. Per Wise, based on the data, if the plane went south, it would have crossed Indonesia. But Indonesia says it didn't.

"...MH370 would have had to have traveled within either of two narrow bands. One pointed north, toward India, Bangladesh, and Burma. The other pointed south, across Indonesian airspace..."
http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_t...a_narrows_missing_airliner_s_flight_path.html

http://m.antaranews.com/en/news/93270/indonesian-military-radar-did-not-detect-missing-airplane

Highlights of today's statement by Hishammuddin:

Operational update:
With respect to the southern corridor, today two Chinese Ilyushin IL-76s will arrive in Perth to begin operations. The Shaanxi Y-8 which arrived yesterday will be operating from Subang air base in Malaysia. China is also sending an additional two ships from the Andaman Sea to join the five Chinese ships already in the southern corridor. Two Indian aircraft, a P-8 Poseidon and C-130 Hercules, arrived in Malaysia at 18:00 yesterday to assist with the search. HMS Echo is currently in the Persian Gulf and is en route to the southern corridor. The ship is equipped with advanced sensors that allow it to search effectively underwater.

Australian search area:
Five aircraft and two merchant ships were involved in the search and rescue operations in the vicinity of the objects identified by the Australian authorities, which are approximately 2,500km southwest of Perth. Despite improved visual search conditions yesterday, there were no sightings of the objects of interest. The Rescue Co-ordination Centre Australia anticipates that six aircraft - four military and two civilian - will be visually searching the area. Two merchant vessels will also be present during search operations, and HMAS Success was due to reach the search area at 14:30 today.

A cyclone warning has been declared for Tropical Cyclone Gillian, which is located in the southern corridor. Very strong winds and rough seas are expected there today.

Transcript:
The original transcript of the conversation between MH370 and Malaysian air traffic control is with the investigations team, where it is being analysed. As is standard practice in investigations of this sort, the transcript cannot be publicly released at this stage. I can however confirm that the transcript does not indicate anything abnormal.

Family briefings:
The briefing for families in Kuala Lumpur yesterday went well. The briefing in Beijing, however, was less productive. Despite the best intentions, I understand there were tense scenes. I have received a report from the Malaysian high-level team, as well as a copy of the declaration from the Chinese families. I have asked the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, together with the authorities in China, to investigate what happened.

Cargo manifest:
On the matter of MH370’s cargo, the cargo manifest is with the investigations team, and will be released in due course. Preliminary investigation of the cargo manifest has not shown any link to anything that might have contributed to MH370’s disappearance. As was stated yesterday, all cargo carried on MH370 was in compliance with International Civil Aviation Organisation and International Air Transport Association standards.

Concluding remarks:
I would also like to pay special tribute to the men and women from all countries who are putting themselves in harm’s way in the search for MH370. As we speak, people are sailing through a cyclone to help find the missing plane. We are immensely grateful to all our partners for their efforts. -

Read more: UPDATE 26 (Day 15) MISSING MH370: Full statement by Hishammuddin - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...tement-by-hishammuddin-1.526878#ixzz2whGZGnqK

Airline CEO could help by releasing the official correct transcript. Then we could see for ourselves. Lots of parties are really hampering the investigation, whether intentionally or not. MOO JMO :moo:

The Malaysian government spoke today about this:

Transcript:
The original transcript of the conversation between MH370 and Malaysian air traffic control is with the investigations team, where it is being analysed. As is standard practice in investigations of this sort, the transcript cannot be publicly released at this stage. I can however confirm that the transcript does not indicate anything abnormal

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...-font-full-statement-by-hishammuddin-1.526878

I feel the Malaysian government is getting better at handling this crisis. They are coming across as much more focused and clearer in their briefings.

Yes, Jeff Wise was on "Out Front" with Erin Burnett. Here's his blog post. Per Wise, based on the data, if the plane went south, it would have crossed Indonesia. But Indonesia says it didn't.

I'm finding it hard to believe that the plane made that 2nd 90 degree left turn to go the southerly route.

Newton's Law of Motion: that an object not subject to any net external force moves at a constant velocity. Thus, an object will continue moving at its current verocity until some force causes its speed or direction to change.

So why go north only to go south again? Doesn't make sense, even if it was punched into the auto-pilot.

The only thing I can think of was an intention to make the plane harder to find, heading towards the deepest and remotest part of the Indian Ocean?

According to info cited by posters above and discussed on CNN and Slate, investigators apparently have an updated map of the approximate flight path of MH-370 from 2:11 to 8:11am, based on satellite ping data.

This map has not been released to the public.

But it shows the plane moved steadily north or south in that time frame, further away from the satellite with each ping.

The problem? The plane should show up on March 8 military radar on each path: Indonesia if it took the southern path, and one of India/China/Burma/Pakistan/ Afghanistan(USA military) if it took the northern path.

All these countries have said it didn't show up on military radar.

So either the ping data has the wrong path, someone is lying about having overlooked the plane pass on radar, or someone shot it down and doesn't want to admit it.

What a mess. Pressure should now be put on all parties with military radar on the potential routes to review their March 8 data again.

Something doesn't smell right here.

Maybe Indonesia switched off its radar at night?? Of course they can't admit to that!

more info about the transcript:

Experts say only two elements appeared of any note, although they stressed it was important not to read too much into them. One was that the final message at 01:07 about the plane's altitude - at 35,000ft - was an unnecessary repeat of a message six minutes earlier.

The other was that the loss of communication with the plane occurred at the handover point of Malaysian to Vietnamese air control.

At the press briefing, Mr Hussein said the transcript "does not indicate anything abnormal".

Another Malaysian official at the briefing said the transcript was "not accurate", without specifying what was wrong with the document.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26697048

I don't think it is a coincidence that they lost contact at the changeover in ATC. What are the chances of that happening in a mechanical catastrophic event. Very small I would say.

I'm off to bed. Midnight where I am. Night.

Great find -- this is vital information. Here's more from Slate TODAY:

Slate reveals there were SEVEN pings, every hour from 2:11am to 8:11am.

The plane must have travelled in a fairly direct path (north OR south), moving steadily further AWAY from the satellite each hour!

I mentioned the other day; 2-3 threads ago that I read they were bringing satellite experts in to read coordinates of the pings. Has anyone been able to find the article? I did not save it; no clue why except for reading it when I 1st woke up...

PERTH: The first Chinese plane heading to Australia to join the hunt for a missing Malaysia Airlines jet landed at the wrong airport on Saturday, underscoring the difficulties facing the increasingly complex multinational search effort.

The Chinese IL-76 military aircraft made an unexpected stop at Perth International Airport before heading to its correct destination at RAAF Base Pearce outside Perth, where search and rescue operations for Flight MH370 are now being coordinated.

"They landed at Perth and then they landed here," RAAF Corporal Janine Fabre told Reuters. "We don't know why."

RAAF Base Pearce, a dusty collection of runways and low-slung buildings about 35 km (21 miles) north of Perth, is taking on the feel of a model United Nations as aircraft and ships - not to mention journalists - from at least six countries descend on the region.

But as the number of search vehicles and nationalities increases, so too do the challenges including security sensibilities, language and operational and command issues.

Read more: UPDATE 31: MISSING MH370: Challenges mount as more countries join search - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...-countries-join-search-1.527012#ixzz2whWLiymb

According to info cited by posters above and discussed on CNN and Slate, investigators apparently have an updated map of the approximate flight path of MH-370 from 2:11 to 8:11am, based on satellite ping data.

This map has not been released to the public.

But it shows the plane moved steadily north or south in that time frame, further away from the satellite with each ping.

The problem? The plane should show up on March 8 military radar on each path: Indonesia if it took the southern path, and one of India/China/Burma/Pakistan/ Afghanistan(USA military) if it took the northern path.

All these countries have said it didn't show up on military radar.

So either the ping data has the wrong path, someone is lying about having overlooked the plane pass on radar, or someone shot it down and doesn't want to admit it.

What a mess. Pressure should now be put on all parties with military radar on the potential routes to review their March 8 data again.

Something doesn't smell right here.
here is a potential flight path with hourly pings from Business Insider discussed yesterday
attachment_zps077ebb51.jpg

Oh come on! His job is NOT to find the airport he is over there to find a small piece of a jetliner in the middle of ocean. You are just silly to expect a search pilot to find an airport - pls be reasonable

Its become a sit-com

PERTH: The first Chinese plane heading to Australia to join the hunt for a missing Malaysia Airlines jet landed at the wrong airport on Saturday, underscoring the difficulties facing the increasingly complex multinational search effort.

The Chinese IL-76 military aircraft made an unexpected stop at Perth International Airport before heading to its correct destination at RAAF Base Pearce outside Perth, where search and rescue operations for Flight MH370 are now being coordinated.

"They landed at Perth and then they landed here," RAAF Corporal Janine Fabre told Reuters. "We don't know why."

RAAF Base Pearce, a dusty collection of runways and low-slung buildings about 35 km (21 miles) north of Perth, is taking on the feel of a model United Nations as aircraft and ships - not to mention journalists - from at least six countries descend on the region.

But as the number of search vehicles and nationalities increases, so too do the challenges including security sensibilities, language and operational and command issues.

Read more: UPDATE 31: MISSING MH370: Challenges mount as more countries join search - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...-countries-join-search-1.527012#ixzz2whWLiymb

here is a potential flight path with hourly pings from Business Insider discussed yesterday

I get the feeling that those potential flight paths (purple dash-line corridors) are only journalist estimates.

The southern path doesn't pass that close to Indonesia, so why would CNN/Slate say it should have registered on Indonesian military radar?

And the northern path heads through the heart of India, while CNN/Slate said it crossed the coast at Burma, Bangaladesh or India.

Color me puzzled!

From the China spotting. I just think , all along it should be just logical that your sat sees something , in this context , that you get coordinates and GO!

If one lost their keys at the beach would they say I will go look next week?

It is just flat out stupid, and or game . In the world , geopolitical lets make it look like we are particpating

OR they know where it landed, know its intentions , are bargaining, freaking out, getting thier family members and friends elsewhere!

Whatever ,

but anyone looking for anything LOST starts immediatly

Same thing if you left your keys back at a store would you depart to go find them in half a month!!!!

Sorry, obserdity is the ONLY word that comes to mind...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily