Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite authorities insisting the media not speculate on MH370, Inspector-General of Police Khalid Abu Bakar today concedes such speculations may help with investigations. "We monitor all speculations because we feel that from these speculations, it could more or less assist in investigations," he is quoted as saying in a Mingguan Malaysia interview published today.

However, he cautions the public to differentiate between speculations and facts. Asked if police will take action again speculators, he says: "If it is just speculation, we do not think it is enough to take action unless it becomes slander".

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/257922

Who is still considered as victims and by whom? I know all the passengers were...Hey Linda7NJ

Well, for starters we don't know where the aircraft is. There is no hard facts that the pilots are involved. Suspicious activity, perhaps. But, that's all we got thus far.

Innocent until proven guilty. JMO.

That's a good article SilkySfaka. What I'm about to say isn't directed at you. It's directed to the guy in the article who said this;

“I can’t remember another time when cost trumped a policy decision,” said Goelz, a former managing director of the National Transportation Safety Board....

I'm going to give him credit for possibly talking about a government policy based on cost. However, if he's including the private sector he's not all that bright. The private sector makes life and death decisions based on cost all the time.

Wow - in either sector that's an unbelievably ridiculous comment. But I hear stuff like that from people in government all the time - pretty scary. Maybe he means at the NTSB? Safety boards are the only ones who focus purely on safety when looking into regulations, but whether or not something is actually going to be implemented has to take into account cost to have any chance at happening. Almost everything in life could be made better for more money, but isn't.

Thanks Carmelita - I'm curious who has the capability of detecting things up to 3 miles under the ocean's surface in order to retrieve it.

I don't know specifically what it is called but it is a small submersible and it maps the ocean's floor and sends images (can't remember what kind of images as I was getting ready to run out the door) I'll try to do some Googling and see what I can find out about it.

Daily Media Briefing

SEPANG: Acting Transport Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein today said there was no giving up on the search.

"I will not give up hope and I will continue as from day one and I am giving more hope to get the closure to this by the support that we are receiving," he told reporters at the daily media briefing on the updates of missing MH370 here, today. Hishammuddin, who is also Defence Minister, said as more assets had been deployed and more countries came on board, it would give more hope to continue. "But personally, I am not looking back," he stressed.

He also described the search and rescue (SAR) operation as the biggest in history as 26 countries were giving their support and assistance without even mentioning the costs involved. "This is the best part. Nobody, not even Malaysia, not even our partners have talked about dollar and cents. It never cross our minds. The priority is to find the aircraft," he said.

Describing the challenges during the SAR in the southern Indian Ocean, he said the vessels that were deployed to the area would face possible strong current and rough seas. He also said that the vessels had been warned of possible cyclone category one, which currently at Christmas Island area, heading towards the search area.

Read more: UPDATE 27 (Day 15) MISSING MH370: 'I will not give up hope', says Hisham - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...ve-up-hope-says-hisham-1.526903#ixzz2wkCxvg9J

Hishammuddin scares me. I don't think he has a clue how out of his league he is. He really thinks he's doing a superb job coordinating activities concerning this international episode. I read his tweets today. His pride is overflowing. My intent is not to bash him; I just wish he would realize how over his head he is and obtain competent resources. Instead, he drags his feet and precious time is wasted. His pride is a huge barrier to progress and expediency.

Someday, this may make a fascinating case study for a class studying cultural differences.

Well, for starters we don't know where the aircraft is. There is no hard facts that the pilots are involved. Suspicious activity, perhaps. But, that's all we got thus far.

Innocent until proven guilty. JMO.

That's what we do here. Express our opinions. Great to see you again ElleElle!

That's a good article SilkySfaka. What I'm about to say isn't directed at you. It's directed to the guy in the article who said this;

“I can’t remember another time when cost trumped a policy decision,” said Goelz, a former managing director of the National Transportation Safety Board....

I'm going to give him credit for possibly talking about a government policy based on cost. However, if he's including the private sector he's not all that bright. The private sector makes life and death decisions based on cost all the time.

Ford knew that the Pinto had a problem with exploding gas tanks http://users.wfu.edu/palmitar/Law&Valuation/Papers/1999/Leggett-pinto.html They had an accountant sit down and calculate how much it would cost to fix it, then calculate the cost of lawsuits. Turned out that it would be cheaper to let people die and just pay off the families than it would be to fix the problem. Fortunately, this was discovered during one of the cases brought against Ford, and the judge was so pizzed off that he trebled the damages. Thus making it a loss for Ford in the long run.

Some people get pizzed off at liability lawyers for bringing outrageous suits and I am one of them too, but they've done a lot of good too on valid lawsuits. I believe the Pinto case finally outed a basic corporate tactic that had been (and still is) going on since the first business was formed. The judges precedent of trebling the damages helped make it unprofitable. Other business' took notice and raised the price of people's lives, but we all have a price on our heads.

Is it cheaper at work to remodel an area to make it safer or if they put up a sign saying "CAREFUL" are they then absolved any liability? Most of the time the sign is good enough and if you hurt yourself you weren't being "CAREFUL".

So people need to think about what price they have on their heads? GM seems to have known about the airbag problem for years and did nothing about it. It appears they thought they could cover it up. Well they couldn't and now they're gonna be in deep doo doo if they knew back in 2004. I'm pretty sure that no matter how much they are fined or hand out in lawsuits, family members would rather have the loved one back.

Most companies treat their employees with the least they can get away with. That's why unions formed. If you think your company is being gracious because they give you an extra week of vacation, they're not. They must feel that giving out another week of vacation keeps them competitive in the market. The government has to force business' to increase their minimum pay to someone and there is a lot of political wrangling over a dime increase.

Companies want you to buy something so they can make the most profit and if it kills you, but is cheaper to ignore, then bye bye. :seeya: If there are a hundred guys looking for one job, a business can pay as little as they are legally allowed and the guy who gets the job will thank God. If he doesn't like the job he's told he can find another one that another 100 people have applied for.

Airlines are no different. If the plane crashes the insurance company will pay for it. Their insurance rates will increase, but it won't bankrupt the airline.

Sorry for the :rant: but it really struck me as a dumb thing for that guy to say. JMO

A pilot on CNN said pretty much the same thing. He said the Hudson river is smooth not choppy like ocean water. He also said that there's a reason it's referred to as the "Miracle" on the Hudson.

Hope your back is better - Seems like I better scoot on along here...:floorlaugh:

Nope. But maybe you could make us more drawings to keep us entertained!

I'm willing to do nudes for free, but you'll have to email me a picture of you first. :giggle:

I don't mean that!!! I don't want to start getting nekkid pictures!!*

*Unless reasonable people would rate you an 8.5 or higher! :thumb:

Were we not allowed to discuss pilots of 9/11 ?

We can discuss anything that has been released through MSM news. But, as always, unless the family is implicated in what happened they are off limits. Also nothing has been released regarding the rest of the crew. But information has been released about the pilots and we are discussing them.

That's what we do here. Express our opinions. Great to see you again ElleElle!

:seeya: AuburnSchnauzer Long time no see!

Myself and many others on this thread are exhausted since this started 2 weeks ago. I think we went through every single theory. :coffeews:

Let's assume the Black Box is located at the sea bottom where debris has been spotted - Does anyone know how deep the water is and if a black box has ever been recovered at that depth?

The area is marked by strong currents and rough seas, and the ocean depth varies between 3,770 feet and 23,000 feet.
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3371878.shtml?cat=565

The recorders are supposed to function at depths of 20,000 feet.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1cb3d8-a8a2-11e3-b61e-8051b8b52d06_story.html

Speaking of the Minister of Defense... I nearly choked on my drink when this tweet came across :lol:

Jon Ostrower ‏@jonostrower Mar 21 https://twitter.com/jonostrower
.@HishammuddinH2O thank you for the follow!

eta Jon is a Aerospace and Boeing reporter for the WSJ

but the time has come..... if the manifests have not been destroyed

MAL airlines own the cargo contractor and as mentioned earlier certified to handle dangerous cargo at the highest level

-- here we go ........................

then Free Scale

I don't know specifically what it is called but it is a small submersible and it maps the ocean's floor and sends images (can't remember what kind of images as I was getting ready to run out the door) I'll try to do some Googling and see what I can find out about it.

It is a robotic submersible created by the folks at Woods Hole Institute.

Nereus (underwater vehicle) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

35i9ety.jpg

ETA- But I think I saw on CNN they will be using this one-THIS one found Air France.

REMUS (AUV) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1964-general.jpg

Aren't they they are mystery stories

they need to be looking kilometers away from that area. :please:

they need to be looking on land land land!!!

I do hope that they are searching away from the actual location where debris are seen on satellite.
Clearly they won't still be there... they need to be looking kilometers away from that area. :please:

In my researching plane crashes I am finding some AMAZING stories.
This was one of the most amazing emergency landings ever...
It was brought up again after the Miracle on the Hudson.

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/TACA_Flight_110

TACA Airline flight 110 - Nowhere To Land - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members