Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BinYfCCCQAAkE7G.jpg

Unbelievable! All that reinforcement and we still can't find a trace of that plane!

BBM ~ IMO, reefing on the throttle up and down (45k feet to 23k feet) would burn fuel more quickly? Does it work like a car as when you floor it all the time, you burn more gas?

Well, yes. But that would just move its final location (if it ran out of fuel) higher or lower on the N-S arc. Again, that arc was determined by intersecting two circles - the 8:11 satellite ping and the "remaining fuel" calculation at the last contact point (hand-off to VietNam ATC) I believe.

As a Canadian, I wish OUR navy (though small) was helping in the effort too! But maybe there were no assets in the area.

Is it confirmed that the pilot and his wife had separated? I thought she was just going to stay with her adult son while he traveled. And even if she moved out the day before, that would be pretty fast to get a girlfriend!

No it hasn't and that's the 1st I heard of it, and I would take it with the same amount of salt the East coast has used this winter.

:please: for the passengers and families.

I don't know about you, but I would have guessed there was far more satellite and radar coverage 24 x 7 all over the globe, before this.

The area is so remote that there isn't much satellite or radar coverage. That's why we get these grainy images, they are taken at an angle from very far away (from what I understand).

There are 2 merchant ships that have been asked to aid in the search..I know one is the Norwegian car carrier but what is the 2nd merchant ship? anyone know?

I looked around and can't find any information about the 2nd merchant ship other than it arrived to the search area Friday night.

U.S. Is down to one plane in the search.

The Orion or Poseidon aircraft?
The US P-8 Poseidon re joined the search today.
They had to take 2 days off so the crew could rest and maintenance done on the aircraft.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/22/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/
The P-8 Posideon, grounded for two days to give its crew rest, will likely refocus on an area highlighted in Chinese satellite images of a large object floating in the area. Australian-led search teams in the southern Indian Ocean found no sign of it Saturday.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26705073

"Australia PM Tony Abbott: "There is increasing hope that we might be on the road to discovering what did happen to this ill-fated aircraft"

They included four civil aircraft and a US P8 Poseidon.

Two Chinese IL-76 search planes have arrived in Perth but have not yet been deployed. Japan is sending two P3 Orions.

The Australian navy's HMAS Success is the only ship in the area, though others, including from the US, UK and China are on the way.

A key focus on Sunday was the sighting on Saturday of a wooden cargo pallet, along with belts or straps."

bbm.
Good morning!

Unfortunately the belts or straps could have been used to secure the wooden pallet and/or cargo container...and could come from anywhere, such as a ship, and not necessarily this aircraft.

Hopefully though they will find something and soon!

:(

MOO

Unbelievable! All that reinforcement and we still can't find a trace of that plane!

Maybe someone wants them to look there? Could hijackers make it look like they took that route? I know they are going off the sat. pings, but could they fake it somehow? I think they landed, or they would have found something by now. JMO:twocents:

ETA: or maybe too much wishful thinking

Why is it when I used Google Earth and looked up my friend's address, we could see her grandkids swing set, backyard pool and even make out her dog, a boxer, sunning himself on her deck? And yet we cannot see a clearer image of what the searchers are looking for?

As for the fuel.....any pilots out there reading.....can they measure how much fuel is actually in the plane before they refuel for a flight? What I am getting at is, if the some one had known this aircraft, and been continually and purposely adding a little more than needed each time this plane was used, could it have a lot more fuel than needed for this flight? Thus extending it's range beyond what any one had predicted?

And two passengers boarded using stolen passports: Pouria Nourmohammadi Mehrdad, 19, and Seyed Mohammed Reza Delavar, 29, Iranian men described by Interpol as migrants being smuggled into Europe.

Mohammad Mallaeibasir, 18, an information technology student in Kuala Lumpur, said the pair stayed in his apartment the night before they left. Mr. Mehrdad, a friend from high school in Tehran, told him he was starting a new life in Hamburg, Germany, where his mother was waiting. “He was quite nervous,” Mr. Mallaeibasir recalled. “I could see it on his face.”

The next night, he drove them to the airport and offered to help them check in, but they insisted on entering separately, Mr. Delavar first. The two high school buddies waited in the car for five to 10 minutes, smoking cigarettes, before Mr. Mehrdad got out to leave.

Mr. Mallaeibasir gave him a hug, told him to have a safe flight and watched as his friend carried a large backpack and a laptop computer bag into the terminal. That was the last he saw of him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/23/w...l-both-routine-and-flight-vanish.html?hp&_r=0

By Sunday afternoon, a team of Inmarsat engineers set to work using the principles of trigonometry to determine the distance between the satellite and the plane at the time of each ping, and then to calculate two rough flight paths. The plane, they concluded, had turned again. But it may have then traveled in more or less a straight line, heading north over countries likely to have picked it up on radar, or south toward the Indian Ocean and Antarctica.

Question about under water searching.

I know submarines may not be able to get into all the areas. I know that the smaller craft that found the France Airline black box is on the way.

Are there a lot of smaller crafts in the world, that can be sent from a submarine, even if just camera capability available, or are they sort of rare due to expense?

Sam Cardwell, a spokesman for AMSA, said the maritime agency had requested a cargo manifest from Malaysia Airlines, but he was unsure whether it had been received as of Sunday night.

Malaysia Airlines asked The Associated Press to submit questions via email for comment on whether Flight 370 had wooden pallets aboard when it disappeared, but did not immediately respond to the email.

An official with Malaysia Airlines said Sunday night that the flight was carrying wooden pallets but provided no further details, including the number of pallets. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of company policy preventing the official from being named.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-show-possible-debris-from-jetliner.html?pg=2

When Brazilian searchers in 2009 were looking for debris from Air France Flight 447 after it mysteriously plunged into the Atlantic Ocean, they first found a wooden pallet. The military initially reported that the pallet came from the Air France flight, but backtracked hours later and said the plane had not been carrying any wooden pallets.

Revampz's post has renewed my belief that this is the plane. If the searchers are convinced it is then I imagine they have their reasons.

Why is it when I used Google Earth and looked up my friend's address, we could see her grandkids swing set, backyard pool and even make out her dog, a boxer, sunning himself on her deck? And yet we cannot see a clearer image of what the searchers are looking for?

As for the fuel.....any pilots out there reading.....can they measure how much fuel is actually in the plane before they refuel for a flight? What I am getting at is, if the some one had known this aircraft, and been continually and purposely adding a little more than needed each time this plane was used, could it have a lot more fuel than needed for this flight? Thus extending it's range beyond what any one had predicted?

When I look up my home on Google Earth it is an image from last year..last summer actually...

Is Google Earth streaming LIVE or Current images? I thought it didn't?

As other ships headed toward the area to contribute to the search, the British Ministry of Defense told ABC News that the British HMS Echo, a hydrographic survey ship, had yet to leave the Persian Gulf and would not arrive for at least 10 days.

An Australian ship that has a remotely-operated mini-submarine was also joining the search, said Malaysian officials.

A small flotilla of ships from China is still several days away. The Malaysian plane passengers included 154 Chinese.

A Norwegian merchant ship that had been asked to divert from its planned course to help search the area was allowed to continue on its planned route to Melbourne, said the Australian Maritime Safety Authority.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...nch-satellite-finds-objects/story?id=23023447

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicank