Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A female captain! Bravo!

_73756011_tynh39mt.jpg

HMAS Success, under Capt Allison Norris, is the only ship so far in the search zone

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26705073

(also, looking out the windows I can see how dense the cloud to ground surface is!)

Revampz's post has renewed my belief that this is the plane. If the searchers are convinced it is then I imagine they have their reasons.

I missed her post, do you have a link that say the searchers are convinced it is? I'm watching Cnn Live on tv and they have no Breaking News. This would not break on a website.

A Norwegian merchant ship that had been asked to divert from its planned course to help search the area was allowed to continue on its planned route to Melbourne, said the Australian Maritime Safety Authority.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...nch-satellite-finds-objects/story?id=23023447

Thank you so much to the crew of the Norwegian merchant ship! :loveyou:

The vessel is manned by 20 Filipinos, including the captain.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2014/03/22/1303675/all-filipino-crew-mans-search-ship

Why is it when I used Google Earth and looked up my friend's address, we could see her grandkids swing set, backyard pool and even make out her dog, a boxer, sunning himself on her deck? And yet we cannot see a clearer image of what the searchers are looking for?

There are more satellites pointing to land mass (especially in the more populated areas) than the deep, dark depths of the Southern Indian Ocean, where the search area is closer to Antarctica than Australia - as well as the fact that there lies a curvature of the Earth, which the closest satellite can only take on an angle from very far away.

I looked around and can't find any information about the 2nd merchant ship other than it arrived to the search area Friday night.

I think i read on bbc news website that china had sent some sort of ice breaking vessel... I'll try to find the link

And two passengers boarded using stolen passports: Pouria Nourmohammadi Mehrdad, 19, and Seyed Mohammed Reza Delavar, 29, Iranian men described by Interpol as migrants being smuggled into Europe.

Mohammad Mallaeibasir, 18, an information technology student in Kuala Lumpur, said the pair stayed in his apartment the night before they left. Mr. Mehrdad, a friend from high school in Tehran, told him he was starting a new life in Hamburg, Germany, where his mother was waiting. “He was quite nervous,” Mr. Mallaeibasir recalled. “I could see it on his face.”

The next night, he drove them to the airport and offered to help them check in, but they insisted on entering separately, Mr. Delavar first. The two high school buddies waited in the car for five to 10 minutes, smoking cigarettes, before Mr. Mehrdad got out to leave.

Mr. Mallaeibasir gave him a hug, told him to have a safe flight and watched as his friend carried a large backpack and a laptop computer bag into the terminal. That was the last he saw of him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/23/w...l-both-routine-and-flight-vanish.html?hp&_r=0

By Sunday afternoon, a team of Inmarsat engineers set to work using the principles of trigonometry to determine the distance between the satellite and the plane at the time of each ping, and then to calculate two rough flight paths. The plane, they concluded, had turned again. But it may have then traveled in more or less a straight line, heading north over countries likely to have picked it up on radar, or south toward the Indian Ocean and Antarctica.

This keeps nagging at me. As do so many issues with this flight and its' passengers.

Can someone, please, re-post the picture of the 2 Iranian passengers?TIA

This may be a dumb question but work with me here.

If the evidence of the plane crashing in the Indian Ocean (0%) is the exact same as the evidence we have that the plane landed somewhere (0%), why is this angle not being explored by the media as well?

I think i read on bbc news website that china had sent some sort of ice breaking vessel... I'll try to find the link

Yes, China has sent an Ice Breaker,Xuelong, as well as other ships to join Australia and the other countries searching the south Indian Ocean

Chinese icebreaker Xuelong is moored at the western Australian port of Fremantle on March 21, 2014.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/china/2014-03/21/c_133204805.htm

But there were also the 2 Merchant ships..the Norwegian car carrier merchant ship has now left the search to continue on with it's original route to Melbourne.

Merchant ships transports commercial cargo sometimes passengers..but mostly commercial cargo..

Yes, but it is not a merchant ship.

“This would never have happened on an Israeli plane,” says Yeffet. “An El Al aircraft was hijacked for the first and last time in 1968. Since then, there has not been a single flight where security did not check every single name.”

However, it would have taken more than just a pair of Iranians with forged documents, Yeffet said, to pull off such an astonishing crime. “I can’t believe for a second that if these people planned to hijack the aircraft, it was just them,” he said. But based upon the tried-and-true Israeli intelligence strategy of profiling, the pilots, he said, are unlikely suspects.

“We are talking about a captain who is 53 years old, who has worked for Malaysia Airlines for 30 years, and suddenly he became a terrorist? He wanted to commit suicide? If he committed suicide, where is the debris?”

Adding that the captain in question, Zaharie Ahmad Shah, was known to be happily married and comfortably well-off, Yeffet said the profile simply does not fit. “From the United States to China to Japan, everybody is searching for this aircraft or piece of it. And there is no sign. So in my opinion, the aircraft was hijacked. And it was an excellent plan from the terrorists, to land in a place where they can hide the plane and no one can find it.”

Read more: Ex-El Al expert: Iran likely involved in MH 370 | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/ex-el-al-expert-iran-likely-involved-in-mh-

I find this beyond terrifying, especially with no actual plane debris being found yet.

I keep wondering, if this proves to not be accidental, is this plane a diversion? In other words, did someone want this plane to mysteriously disappear so that manpower and resources (including satellites) were focused in on the search for this plane and not as likely to notice something else nefarious happening at the same time but in another location? I hope not but I do feel like this plane's disappearance was not accidental.

I keep wondering, if this proves to not be accidental, is this plane a diversion? In other words, did someone want this plane to mysteriously disappear so that manpower and resources (including satellites) were focused in on the search for this plane and not as likely to notice something else nefarious happening at the same time but in another location? I hope not but I do feel like this plane's disappearance was not accidental.

That's a scary (but, unfortunately, not entirely out of the question) thought. :scared:

It still amazes me, planned or accidental, that there would be no concrete trace (to our knowledge) after so much time has passed. There are the satellite images that may show debris, but we're still not even positive that's the way the plane went. If this was planned - wow! I have to give whomever planned it credit. They really knocked it out of the park. If this was an accident... I don't even know what to think. For a plane to just vanish so completely in this day and age... :cry:

I have wondered the same thing. IMO, very possible.

Sure, it could have gone the northern route but the plane would have had to fly under the radar in a few countries, which they reported not seeing anything in their radar air space. The northern route, with a hijacking, is not ruled out. Its just that possible evidence has been found in the Southern Indian Ocean that they need to concentrate on (not that they have turned a blink eye to the north).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

And two passengers boarded using stolen passports: Pouria Nourmohammadi Mehrdad, 19, and Seyed Mohammed Reza Delavar, 29, Iranian men described by Interpol as migrants being smuggled into Europe.

Mohammad Mallaeibasir, 18, an information technology student in Kuala Lumpur, said the pair stayed in his apartment the night before they left. Mr. Mehrdad, a friend from high school in Tehran, told him he was starting a new life in Hamburg, Germany, where his mother was waiting. “He was quite nervous,” Mr. Mallaeibasir recalled. “I could see it on his face.”
I would have thought trying to get to Europe illegally on a false ID would make anyone pretty nervous jmo

The next night, he drove them to the airport and offered to help them check in, but they insisted on entering separately, Mr. Delavar first.
Since both had stolen IDs, it would have been safer not to arrive together, as if one person is stopped due to ID check, the other is automatically implicated - so it would have been their best chance of getting through undetected (again, still just assuming they were trying to get to Europe).

The two high school buddies waited in the car for five to 10 minutes, smoking cigarettes, before Mr. Mehrdad got out to leave.

Mr. Mallaeibasir gave him a hug, told him to have a safe flight and watched as his friend carried a large backpack and a laptop computer bag into the terminal. That was the last he saw of him.

Most young people going travelling would use a backpack rather than a suitcase. A personal laptop/tablet doesn't seem unusual either - and likely to be cheaper in Malaysia than Europe. You wouldn't risk putting that in the hold. jmo

I don't think they're involved. The whole thing just appears too well planned and executed (at least to a point) for 2 young men to do. I think the false IDs is a red herring - probably happens much more often than we think - and the person who booked the tickets just requested the cheapest - didn't specify a particular route I think (?). He/she has disappeared because they've been exposed as facilitating illegal immigrants (apparently was a regular customer purchasing flights on behalf of people) rather than a terrorist. JMO

Revampz's post has renewed my belief that this is the plane. If the searchers are convinced it is then I imagine they have their reasons.

I hope the info was correct,but I just remember the information I got from people right after 9/11. These were people supposedly in the know,in law enforcement and government officials and they pretty much knew nothing more than anybody else did. Sometimes people speculate on things and because they are some kind of official,we think they know whats going on. I won't believe it s debris from plane until someone finds it and confirms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm