Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been posted, but the flip-flopping of info released by Malaysia is insane... What about 7 1/2 hrs? What about the Southern Indian Ocean? So how long have they reportedly known this?

bbm

....The last transmission from the missing aircraft's reporting system showed it heading to Beijing, Malaysian authorities said Sunday. That revelation appears to undercut the theory that someone reprogrammed the plane's flight path before the co-pilot signed off with air-traffic controllers for the last time....

....CNN aviation analyst Miles O'Brien called the fresh information about the flight a "game changer."

"Now we have no evidence the crew did anything wrong," he said. "And in fact, now, we should be operating with the primary assumption being that something bad happened to that plane shortly after they said good night."....

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/23/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

On the flight manifest, there is a column with the age of the passenger. For the Austrian male it is written 30, so in my opinion this means both the picture and DOB were altered.

I remember that, and therefore was rather surprised that the real man is 61 years old. I was expecting to see a photo of a man who is 30.

MOO

I don't know if this has been posted, but the flip-flopping of info released by Malaysia is insane... What about 7 1/2 hrs? What about the Southern Indian Ocean? So how long have they reportedly known this?

bbm

I was just about to post this. Completely insane. We are back to Beijing?
Holy crap. What a mess:banghead:

I was just about to post this. Completely insane. We are back to Beijing?
Holy crap. What a mess:banghead:

e5269744.gif

On the flight manifest, there is a column with the age of the passenger. For the Austrian male it is written 30, so in my opinion this means both the picture and DOB were altered.

The actual Austrian guy whose passport was stolen is a 60-year old retired masseur.

Pretty easy to alter the passport to make him appear 30.

1953 to 1983...Just change a "5" to a "8"...smart! (And don't forget to change the photo!)

Oceanographers in Australia believe that large floating objects are extremely unusual in the southern ocean.

"Shipping containers, beds of seaweed, trees and trawling nets were unlikely given the length and apparent intact state of the objects identified from satellite images about 2500 kilometres off the coast of Perth, James Cook University marine scientist Robin Beaman said.

"University of Western Sydney oceanographer Charitha Pattiaratchi said the area where the images were captured and where wooden pallets and straps were seen was outside normal shipping lanes and distant from circular currents in which waste often accumulated."

http://www.smh.com.au/national/obje...anographers-20140323-35bv0.html#ixzz2wpPAMa8H

That is what I was saying. The photo and age (Date of Birth) would have to be seriously altered on the Austrian passport. The 61 year old man would be born in 1952 or 1953 (depending on which month).

I wonder if the Italian and Austrian whose passports were stolen were rattled when finding out they were being used. I know I would have been freaked!

I wonder if the Italian and Austrian whose passports were stolen were rattled when finding out they were being used. I know I would have been freaked!

I would've been, too. But, I also wonder how much a European or US passport would fetch in a market like that? It would pay for the trip itself, I'm sure. Just speculating - not saying that either person did this.

OT but relevant. Amazes me, when flying, to see a water or soft drink comtainer that is capped be sucked in as though there were a vacuum inside them.

While it is heartwarming and admirable that so many nations from near and far are involved in the search for MH370, I sometimes wonder why. Even in instances of major catastrophic loss of life, such as earthquakes and tsunamis, it seems that fewer nations get involved in the follow-up SAR.

I also wonder if MH370 was carrying or had some built-in technology that is highly desirable.

Here are some articles that have provoked these thoughts.

Boeing develops self-destructing phone for spies, diplomats.
http://www.news.com.au/technology/g...-spies-diplomats/story-fn6vihic-1226840180061

Ex-Boeing engineer gets 15 years in spy case.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/02/08/us-usa-china-spy-idUSTRE6174XF20100208

Within its bowels, The Boeing Co. holds volumes of proprietary information deemed so valuable that the company has entire teams dedicated to making sure that private information stays private.
http://www.seattlepi.com/business/article/Boeing-bosses-spy-on-workers-1255840.php

I'm sure that we will never know ... but I can't help but wonder.

Yes, apparently (from what I've read) it was the final ACARS broadcast they got (1:07 AM) that informed them the flight plan had been changed (to head west). The plane had not yet turned at that point, but the programmed change was evident in the ACARS info.

Since I'm behind and just read this post posted yesterday afternoon, am I understanding correctly, that today, Malaysian authorities are claiming the ACARS was programmed all along to reflect the flight from KL to Beijing?
Now they're changing the ACARS story?

I thought the transponder is the system involving programming and the ACARS is the system that TRACKS the route taken in real time during flight.

I may have to shoot myself before this is over. :banghead:

And I can't really give any logical reason why that stood out to me when I read the transcript, so definitely take what I said with a grain of salt. Maybe just intuition, and very likely there's absolutely nothing to it, but something about the last part just jumped out at me. Prior to reading it for myself, I couldn't understand why the "alright, good night" was even addressed. Again, there's probably nothing to it, and I'm commenting from somewhere other than the logical part of my brain. ;) I'm just affirming that I also experienced a "weird twinge" when I read it. :D

What language was the transcript translated from?
Since they said the last words were "all right, good night", I just assumed they were speaking English the whole time.

Since they said the last words were "all right, good night", I just assumed they were speaking English the whole time.

The English transcript released by China (I think) was translated from Mandarin, which was translated from the original English :facepalm: No idea who actually released it.

The news report I heard said the transcript was written originally in Mandarin Chinese language and was transcribed into English.

International flights are supposed to be conducted using English.
So who knows what's lost in the translation or inaccurate if it was spoken using Mandarin. Do we know, did either pilot speak Mandarin in the first place?

Are the pilots Malay, Chinese or Indian or something else? Who was the ATC that night? WTH?

Why Mandarin?

We went through this when it first came out what was said, and I am sure it was determined that they were speaking English.

Forensic, can we have a link for the Daily Telegraph article about the jet fuel?

Not sure if that has been supplied yet, but when I googled the quote Hansford is said to have stated, I came up with this article:

Missing Malaysian Airlines: ‘Disappearance of MH 370 was well-planned by the plane’s crew’

According to Daily Mail, “Officials are preparing for the worst possible news, with several aviation experts now claiming the remote location of the debris would almost-certainly point to deliberate cockpit intervention, either by the pilots, the crew or passengers. Neil Hansford, chairman of Strategic Aviation Solutions, told Network 10 that he was convinced that what had happened to MH370 wasn't an accident, and said the evidence pointed to the plane's crew being involved. 'I think it's been put there either by one of the crew or both, and they've picked an area where the aircraft won't be found,' Hansford said. This was a crew-related incident. It wasn't a catastrophic explosion. It wasn't hit by military ordnance. (The debris is) in about 10,000ft of water. In that part of the world there's currents. Whether it's terrorism or activism, it's certainly something that has been well structured and well planned’.”

The report said, “Hansford pointed to the amount of fuel likely on board the Boeing 777-200, at nearly full capacity with 31,000 gallons instead of the 45 per cent loading required to pilot a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, as being a strong indicator that MH370's disappearance was not accidental. He added that given the location of the debris, the plane very well could have headed for mainland Australia, blaming the co-ordination effort in Malaysia for the slow and frustrating search.

From this article at least, I'd take this expert's opinion as just that. In this article he is 1) concluding already that the debris in 10,000 feet of water off the coast of AU is, in fact, that of #MH730, and 2) apparently only speculating about the amount of fuel "likely" on board. It would seem he is drawing his conclusions about the crew from both these unproven assumptions, which makes them theories (at best) and not factual "conclusions."

The Australian Maritime Safety Authority, who is coordinating the search in the southern ocean, has released information that it is resuming the search this morning with ten aircraft from Australia, New Zealand, the United States, China and Japan. Unfortunately, the weather is expected to deteriorate later in the day, with rain likely. Today's search will be split in two areas where satellite imagery have indicated possible debris.

https://www.amsa.gov.au/media/documents/24032014MediaUpdate13MH370.pdf

bbm

As another poster said, this is insane! Why am I feeling like the initial investigation was delayed to allow time for whatever happened to be impossible to investigate and, now, another diversion. Seems they either just want everyone to now go home or look between Malaysia and Beijing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14