Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While it is heartwarming and admirable that so many nations from near and far are involved in the search for MH370, I sometimes wonder why. Even in instances of major catastrophic loss of life, such as earthquakes and tsunamis, it seems that fewer nations get involved in the follow-up SAR.

I also wonder if MH370 was carrying or had some built-in technology that is highly desirable.

Here are some articles that have provoked these thoughts.

Boeing develops self-destructing phone for spies, diplomats.
http://www.news.com.au/technology/g...-spies-diplomats/story-fn6vihic-1226840180061

Ex-Boeing engineer gets 15 years in spy case.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/02/08/us-usa-china-spy-idUSTRE6174XF20100208

Within its bowels, The Boeing Co. holds volumes of proprietary information deemed so valuable that the company has entire teams dedicated to making sure that private information stays private.
http://www.seattlepi.com/business/article/Boeing-bosses-spy-on-workers-1255840.php

I'm sure that we will never know ... but I can't help but wonder.

This.

The route at 1:07am was to Beijing and normal when it pinged. The change did not come until after so I don't understand the confusion here.

The pre-programming of an alternate route (standard procedure) took place when the pilot came aboard and was doing his check list...if I am understanding it correctly. It only took a few key strokes to set the new program into motion which happened immediately prior to the turn.

BBM:

Maybe in the 3 to 4 minutes inbetween leaving Malaysian radio contact and contact with Viet Nam? IIRC, there is a span of the 3 to 4 minute lapse of communications with either air space that is the norm in that area. The keystrokes to put that program into commission could have happened in that lapse of coverage of the air space.

:moo:

The news report I heard said the transcript was written originally in Mandarin Chinese language and was transcribed into English.

International flights are supposed to be conducted using English.
So who knows what's lost in the translation or inaccurate if it was spoken using Mandarin. Do we know, did either pilot speak Mandarin in the first place?

Are the pilots Malay, Chinese or Indian or something else? Who was the ATC that night? WTH?

Why Mandarin?

On the manifest, both pilots are listed as Malaysian.
Since the last communcation with ATC was in Malaysian airspace, I would guess that ATC were Malaysian as well and spoke Malay.

I asked about the Mandarin thing a few days ago and was told that that wasn't necessarily the language spoken in the transcript/ATC conversation, but that that was the language the transcript was translated from. The Chinese must have had the transcript in their possession.

The English transcript released by China (I think) was translated from Mandarin, which was translated from the original English :facepalm: No idea who actually released it.

Right. from English to mandarin to English. No one has any idea what was actually SAID because Malaysia will not release the original. "allright, goodnight" could well be a translation, not the actual response. What a fiasco. CNN news may actually be breaking closer to the truth, but we are all so jaded at this point {or I am} that it's hard to believe anything. jmo jmo

What language was the transcript translated from?
Since they said the last words were "all right, good night", I just assumed they were speaking English the whole time.

"BLITZER: And as you point out, it's interesting that originally they spoke in English, this is a translation into Mandarin Chinese, but now it's been retranslated back into English, so you could lose something in that re-translation."

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1403/21/sitroom.02.html

(Link picked randomly from a Google search)

Right. from English to mandarin to English. No one has any idea what was actually SAID because Malaysia will not release the original. "allright, goodnight" could well be a translation, not the actual response. What a fiasco. CNN news may actually be breaking closer to the truth, but we are all so jaded at this point {or I am} that it's hard to believe anything. jmo jmo

That's what I've been thinking for a while now.
In fact we don't even know if it was "All right, goodnight" or "Alright, goodnight." I stated a few threads back, that both those words are grammatically different.
And if this is a translation thing, we could very well have an incorrect translation of those final words.

Madarin is one of the oldest dialects in China, and is recognized worldwide. Malaysia understands this. Mandarin is so Malaysia understands. That is why. (Keep trying to phrase this properly, but cannot without a huge history professor class speech.)

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_Chinese"]Mandarin Chinese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I've been away celebrating my Mom's 75th birthday and not only haven't we found this plane but ALL the things we thought we knew have changed!!

I don't know if this has been posted, but the flip-flopping of info released by Malaysia is insane... What about 7 1/2 hrs? What about the Southern Indian Ocean? So how long have they reportedly known this?

bbm

Yes, I'm confused. Up to now, I thought the 1:07 ACARS transmission showed the plane was en-route to Beijing....but.....the alternate flight path was already programmed, just not put into action until after the 1:19 "alright, goodnight". Are they now saying there is no evidence it was ever pre-programmed? Who originally said that was the case? Media or malaysian officials? I've been patient up to now argh :banghead::banghead:

Would ACARS even show a flight path that was pre-programmed but not yet implemented? What system transmits data about programmed flight plans?

indeed! :tantrum:

I've been away celebrating my Mom's 75th birthday and not only haven't we found this plane but ALL the things we thought we knew have changed!!

We missed you, but Mom's 75th is most important. Hope she enjoyed the time with everyone!

I haven't been really into this as much as I was before, as I think nothing can really be determined without the plane itself and without new information...

HOWEVER I have got to say I am with the rest of you re this turnaround of info about the new flight path being preprogrammed into the computer...

to put it nicely WT?? (wont add the last letter to be polite but am thinking it!) I wish the would confirm their information before putting it out there....that was a game changer for a lot of people...........they really need to be 100% sure on facts otherwise just don't put them out there amongst the public............there are too many people following this mystery all over the world for them to be releasing "facts" that they are not certain of.

"As a growing number of airplanes scoured the southern Indian Ocean in the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, authorities released new details Sunday that paint a different picture of what may have happened in the plane's cockpit.

Military radar tracking shows that the aircraft changed altitude after making a sharp turn over the South China Sea as it headed toward the Strait of Malacca, a source close to the investigation into the missing flight told CNN. The plane flew as low as 12,000 feet at some point before it disappeared from radar, according to the source."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/23/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

IF they find wreckage in the Indian Ocean (still not totally convinced it has crashed), I think this is a very plausible explanation. But it doesn't shed any light on why the plane was headed that way in the first place.

I also keep thinking how awful it would be if some people survived the crash, but weren't found in time because everyone was looking in the wrong place initially

BBM
Totally agree!

The BBC has reported that the French satellite data was in the form of 'satellite-generated radar echoes' rather than images and that an unnamed Malaysian official has said that the data, taken on Friday, included a potential object estimated to be about the same size as one spotted by a Chinese satellite. The site, which is north of the current search zone by some 500-odd miles will be investigated today.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26705073

Wasn't today's breaking news like the same breaking news as day 3 or 4 ??? This isn't new info .... Why is CNN doing 24/7 coverage of this ? Makes me think the authorities know more than what's being said.

There are different kinds of satellites. The ones that signify missiles I imagine react to certain movement speeds through the air - I don't think they take video of the world 24/7 while someone sits there to see if they sees a missile whiz by.
*snip

(SBIRS) the U.S. Space Based Infrared satellite system, which is designed to identify heat signatures in real time... article relating to mh370 here: nbcnews

Also relating to mh370 we have the UN's Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) - the International Monitoring System which is in place to detect nuclear explosions but they're also capable of detecting a larger aircraft explosion and its impact on ground or water.

They said tests confirmed "neither an explosion nor a plane crash on land or on water had been detected so far" nbcnews.com

I'm waiting to see if the CTBTO releases anything else but so far nothing. I find it interesting the US had the same conclusion. This gives hope the plane may be on land, imo. However, if the plane is in the Indian Ocean, I suppose the plane may have (for lack of a better word) 'glided' rather than crashed..

"As a growing number of airplanes scoured the southern Indian Ocean in the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, authorities released new details Sunday that paint a different picture of what may have happened in the plane's cockpit.

Military radar tracking shows that the aircraft changed altitude after making a sharp turn over the South China Sea as it headed toward the Strait of Malacca, a source close to the investigation into the missing flight told CNN. The plane flew as low as 12,000 feet at some point before it disappeared from radar, according to the source."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/23/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

:ufo:

I've just read and am in the process of trying to verify that this Boeing jet was fitted with an Uninterruptible Autopilot System--which has been put on every Boeing jet since 2009 to prevent another 9/11 situation from happening.

Eye-opening to read about its details, and adds a whole new perspective to factor in:

New autopilot will make another 9/11 impossible
Published: 03 March 2007
A hijack-proof piloting system for airliners is being developed to prevent terrorists repeating the 9/11 outrages.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/new-autopilot-will-make-another-911-impossible-7239651.html

The mechanism is designed to make it impossible to crash the aircraft into air or land targets - and enable the plane to be flown by remote control from the ground in the event of an emergency.

Scientists at aircraft giant Boeing are testing the tamper-proof autopilot system which uses state-of-the-art computer and satellite technology.

It will be activated by the pilot flicking a simple switch or by pressure sensors fitted to the cockpit door that will respond to any excessive force as terrorists try to break into the flight deck.

Once triggered, no one on board will be able to deactivate the system. Currently, all autopilots are manually switched on and off at the discretion of pilots.

The so-called 'uninterruptible autopilot system' - patented secretly by Boeing in the US last week - will connect ground controllers and security services with the aircraft using radio waves and global satellite positioning systems.

After it has been activated, the aircraft will be capable of remote digital control from the ground, enabling operators to fly it like a sophisticated model plane, manoeuvring it vertically and laterally.

A threatened airliner could be flown to a secure military base or a commercial airport, where it would touch down using existing landing aids known as 'autoland function'.

After it had landed, the aircraft's built-in autobrake would bring the plane safely to a halt on the runway.

Boeing insiders say the new anti-hijack kit could be fitted to airliners all over the world, including those in the UK, within the next three years.

ETA: the problem with verifying is, even if all Boeing jets were outfitted with this since 2009, this one was built 12 years ago; wondering if such a system would have been systematically added to jets built before 2009 as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018