Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please keep posting, MummaP! I don't think they were trying to be critical, even though I can see why you may have felt that way. Hey, I didn't know it wasn't a language either.

I didn't know either...:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O/T CNN headquarters is in Atlanta. Why is the reporter in a simulator in Canada?
ETA: I swore off Tomnod too...but I bet I will venture back after I see more pics...

The news is so awful .

Then the very night I swore off Tomnod. CNN starts posting the images making me look at them again.

It has been 16 days and they have made statements ,and retracted stuff to the point the only story that is fact is:

Malaysia has had a 777 go missing .

Crazy
It was it pinged until 8:11 am
Radar lost it at Appox 130 .
Radar lost it.
the 2:11 ping is not radar.
Is anyone aware of another RADAR signal after this ? It was over land and was still not on Radar. I know the radar is out there . You can see it on flight radar. Even over the ocean. And they also have the live shipping routes.

Pilots didnt make the plane invisable to radar.

But...I have wondered if perhaps hijackers of the post-9/11 21st century will do exactly that. There is a lot of technology out there, and radar-blocking is one such technology. "Invisibility" is another new form of this technology. We've already been told that (if purposeful hijacking) whoever was piloting this plane had advanced piloting skills, knowing airspace change locations, radar avoidance techniques, perhaps even terrain-masking, and was highly familiar with Boeing planes and systems (turning off communications in two steps). It's not too hard to imagine, then, that such hijackers might also be familiar with some of Boeing's most advanced military stealth technology.

Following up on the 2:11 ping and INMARSAT new data, here is a nice graphic of the 2:11 ping! That didn't take as long as I'd imagined to find it :)

MH370_GRAPHIC-21-300x300.png

So this graphic shows the militaries' radar-produced location in pink (possibly estimated a bit) and that does begin the set of hourly pings. That's 2:11. That's the green arc of possibilities (but we know it was on the pink dot for that arc, or at least very close).

The red arc is still the possible locations for the 8:11 ping. It needs to get from the green arc to the red arc by going ever away (on the hour) from the Inmarsat satellite. Where it went in between hours would not have been seen, keep in mind.

That's a helpful graphic! It's from http://jeffwise.net/2014/03/22/why-...g-malaysian-airliners-flight-route/#more-3220

Among the floating objects sighted, the Xinhua report said, were two larger items and a number of smaller white fragments scattered over an area of a "few kilometres".
The crew reported coordinates of 95.1113 degrees east longitude and 42.5453 south latitude for the sightings. The location is slightly south-west of the original Australian debris sighting.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing...find-debris-20140324-hvm9a.html#ixzz2wrAVaPR1

Is anyone here feeling the theory CNN is trying to float again about another plane shadowing the MH370? SMH.

Good for him! Tax law degrees are awesome.

I'm not a fan of law school and can't wait to be done in May - I don't know if I'll end up taking the Bar. I love the academics of it, and researching/writing the arguments but I hate the culture of it - they really exploit students with promises of riches that long ago evaporated, and the snobbery and desperation is amazing. It's a different world than when your husband went. I would not recommend it to anyone at this point because it hasn't caught up with the realities of modern legal practice, but I love the training and the knowledge that comes with it.

Do you own a schnauzer?

OT but I think we exchanged comments earlier on. Also a current law student - 1 more year left, but I couldn't agree more with you.

Back to the flight, China supposedly has images and France has satellite radar information relating to the objects in the water. Hoping this is it so the families have closure soon.

Good for him! Tax law degrees are awesome.

I'm not a fan of law school and can't wait to be done in May - I don't know if I'll end up taking the Bar. I love the academics of it, and researching/writing the arguments but I hate the culture of it - they really exploit students with promises of riches that long ago evaporated, and the snobbery and desperation is amazing. It's a different world than when your husband went. I would not recommend it to anyone at this point because it hasn't caught up with the realities of modern legal practice, but I love the training and the knowledge that comes with it.

Do you own a schnauzer?

I love law and everything about it - including the politics. We did have a little Schnauzer when I joined this forum, but we lost our little General a couple of years ago - "Patton" was his name - He was a beautiful baby and I miss him so much...Wish I was in your shoes going to law school with the opportunity to become a good attorney. Please stick with it and stay in touch, OK? War Eagle !!!

Though I haven't been able to follow the news much today, I noticed that they kept talking about the flight dropping down to 12,000 ft and how that would fit into an emergency situation. I noticed they did not comment about the 45,000 ft elevation it supposedly flew at after being at 35,000 ft and dropping down to 12,000 ft. I wonder what they have to say about that now.

O/T CNN headquarters is in Atlanta. Why is the reporter in a simulator in Canada?
ETA: I swore off Tomnod too...but I bet I will venture back after I see more pics...

I don't know, momrids6. After listening to many hours of coverage about this I've learned that simulators are apparently a dime a dozen, who knew? Heck, my mom probably has one in her garage!

But...I have wondered if perhaps hijackers of the post-9/11 21st century will do exactly that. There is a lot of technology out there, and radar-blocking is one such technology. "Invisibility" is another new form of this technology. We've already been told that (if purposeful hijacking) whoever was piloting this plane had advanced piloting skills, knowing airspace change locations, radar avoidance techniques, perhaps even terrain-masking, and was highly familiar with Boeing planes and systems (turning off communications in two steps). It's not too hard to imagine, then, that such hijackers might also be familiar with some of Boeing's most advanced military stealth technology.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/13/tech/innovation/cloaking-technology/

"Cloaking technology is popular science fiction trope, but real scientists have been researching and developing new ways to make cloaking objects a reality for years. Most recently, two researchers at the University of Toronto have found a new way to cloak an object using tiny antennas."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Would 20 tiny antennas in window seats work? Just asking? It all new to me.

Though I haven't been able to follow the news much today, I noticed that they kept talking about the flight dropping down to 12,000 ft and how that would fit into an emergency situation. I noticed they did not comment about the 45,000 ft elevation it supposedly flew at after being at 35,000 ft and dropping down to 12,000 ft. I wonder what they have to say about that now.

You have to go to news agencies and papers outside the USA to get updates, unfortunately...When pilots go to 12,000 and below - not detected by radar.

Please keep posting, MummaP! I don't think they were trying to be critical, even though I can see why you may have felt that way. Hey, I didn't know it wasn't a language either.

I wasn't trying to be critical, I promise. I only know that Persians speak Farsi because I live in a very Persian part of LA and work with lots of Persians. My daughter goes to public school, and about 50%of her class speaks Farsi as their first language. But I knew nothing about Persians until I moved here from Ohio! Xoxo

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/13/tech/innovation/cloaking-technology/

"Cloaking technology is popular science fiction trope, but real scientists have been researching and developing new ways to make cloaking objects a reality for years. Most recently, two researchers at the University of Toronto have found a new way to cloak an object using tiny antennas."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Would 20 tiny antennas in window seats work? Just asking? It all new to me.

Mmm hmmmmm....and let's not forget about 20 passengers on this particular plane. This is one of my favorite conspiracy theories!

http://www.examiner.com/article/mal...onic-weaponry-20-ew-defense-linked-passengers

'WHITE, SQUARE SUSPICIOUS OBJECTS' SPOTTED IN OCEAN
Chinese aircrew have spotted "suspicious objects'" in the southern Indian Ocean in the search for vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, the country's official Xinhua news agency has said.
The “white and square” objects were spotted by searchers aboard a Chinese Ilyushin-76 plane, it said.
“The crew has reported the coordinates - 95.1113 degrees east and 42.5453 south - to the Australian command centre as well as Chinese icebreaker Xuelong, which is en route to the sea area,” the report added.
An earlier Xinhua report said a Chinese military plane set off early Monday from Perth to seek "suspicious debris'" floating in the remote waters captured by satellite imagery.
Chinese passengers comprised two-thirds of the 239 people aboard Flight MH370, which disappeared from civilian radar 16 days ago, nearly an hour after taking off from Kuala Lumpur for Beijing.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...he-search-effort/story-fnizu68q-1226863022091

This is huge. It looks more and more like its the plane. Lets hope they can get a ship to it b4 it moves to much

I love law and everything about it - including the politics. We did have a little Schnauzer when I joined this forum, but we lost our little General a couple of years ago - "Patton" was his name - He was a beautiful baby and I miss him so much...Wish I was in your shoes going to law school with the opportunity to become a good attorney. Please stick with it and stay in touch, OK? War Eagle !!!

Sorry to hear about Patton. My dog is half schnauzer so that's why I was interested.

I'm off to bed - wish I could say I expected more developments tomorrow, but not counting on it. Although it does seem like other countries are getting more willing to make official statements.

Following up on the 2:11 ping and INMARSAT new data, here is a nice graphic of the 2:11 ping! That didn't take as long as I'd imagined to find it :)

MH370_GRAPHIC-21-300x300.png

So this graphic shows the militaries' radar-produced location in pink (possibly estimated a bit) and that does begin the set of hourly pings. That's 2:11. That's the green arc of possibilities (but we know it was on the pink dot for that arc, or at least very close).

The red arc is still the possible locations for the 8:11 ping. It needs to get from the green arc to the red arc by going ever away (on the hour) from the Inmarsat satellite. Where it went in between hours would not have been seen, keep in mind.

That's a helpful graphic! It's from http://jeffwise.net/2014/03/22/why-...g-malaysian-airliners-flight-route/#more-3220

I thought that pink line was a calculation of where the plane could be along the line based on the pings from RR.

No radar from any source . The pink dot shows the location over earth of the satellite.

An Australian ship has entered the search zone for the missing plane and it, along with a Chinese ice-breaker, have changed course and are heading for the spot where the Chinese had earlier spotted two large objects and many smaller ones. (ABC 24 TV NEWS BULLETIN).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member