Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26705073

"Australia PM Tony Abbott: "There is increasing hope that we might be on the road to discovering what did happen to this ill-fated aircraft"

They included four civil aircraft and a US P8 Poseidon.

Two Chinese IL-76 search planes have arrived in Perth but have not yet been deployed. Japan is sending two P3 Orions.

The Australian navy's HMAS Success is the only ship in the area, though others, including from the US, UK and China are on the way.

A key focus on Sunday was the sighting on Saturday of a wooden cargo pallet, along with belts or straps."

bbm.

:seeya: Thanks ToutCa. (That's it - French) :giggle:

BBM~ Then why aren't they searching North then? There has been more than 1 intel suggesting MH370's flight path was North, and not South West. :banghead:

I understand looking for the supposed debris that is 22 meters in length in the deep waters off Western Australia, but they should be expanding their search area, IMO. Who knows, maybe they already are.

BBM - Ha ha...très bien, but "Tout Ça" means "All That (stuff)", "C'est ça" for That's it!"

Yes, many of us have wondered why not more of a northern search. The official story is that it's unlikely the plane would have passed through all the military radars to make it up there. Unofficially, who knows? The areas up there are sensitive, and more could be going on behind the scenes than we know right now.

The plane left military radar heading NW toward India. But it had corkscrewed around to get there, changing headings dramatically multiple times (flew NE, than W, then NE again, then NW). It's at least possible it then turned south.

There's no hard evidence at all yet for which way the plane headed, north or south.

:seeya: Thanks ToutCa. (That's it - French) :giggle:

BBM~ Then why aren't they searching North then? There has been more than 1 intel suggesting MH370's flight path was North, and not South West. :banghead:

I understand looking for the supposed debris that is 22 meters in length in the deep waters off Western Australia, but they should be expanding their search area, IMO. Who knows, maybe they already are.

I read they are searching north, up into Kazistan.

Also jumping in here having possibly missed earlier discussion on this, so not sure if its already been raised.

Everyone is working off the assumption that they took on board a calculated load of fuel that would get them from KL to Bejing with Reserves.

The reality is, fuel calculations are the responsibility of the pilot and as such, he would have had authority to ask for however much fuel he required.

He would have done his weight and balance calculations for the flight long before even walking out to the flightline or on board the aircraft. This would also include his fuel loading calculations, which when combined with the Zero Fuel Weight of the aircraft, must fall in within a range that does not exceed the Maximum Takeoff Weight and Maximum Flying Weight of the aircraft and keeps thee centre of gravity calculations happy as well.

Unless the plane was fully loaded with every seat booked and a compliement of passengers who were taking advantage of every last gram of the 20KG check in weight limit, and carry on weights and limits were being abused as well, I dare say he would have had plenty of room left to bring on the extra fuel if he wanted it... and that jet would have had the range to make it to the other side of the world.

The first anyone would have known about it would be at the end of the month when the people who handle the fuel bills possibly picked up n it

is there not a person or group of people, whoever put the fuel on the plane, who know how much they were asked to put in this particular plane?

This fuel question came up with the experts at least a week ago - and I remember it being asked at a press conference.

"...Airline CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said Sunday the missing passenger jet took off with its normal amount of fuel needed for the roughly six-hour flight and did not have extra fuel on board that could have extended its range...."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/16/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

Whether or not you believe it is another story. However, I think the north- south arc itself is based on the intersection of the fuel-limit circle with the satellite-ping circle, so I would imagine it has been checked out.

If the plane extended that range, I think it must have refueled somewhere.

There's no evidence so far the pilot took on more than the usual allotment of fuel:

1). Investigators publicly stated the fuel onboard was 16,120 gallons (normal).
2). ACARS data transmission at 1:07am would surely have revealed anomalies (engine thrust too high, other signs of extra weight from too much fuel).
3). Investigators did NOT wait for the end of the month, but have reviewed all service records at the airport and interviewed all who serviced the plane. If extra fuel went onboard, they would have found out long ago.
4). Extra fuel or no, satellite pings show the plane flew continuously no more than 7-8.5 hours before stopping. It didn't need extra fuel to do that.

It didn't fly to the other side of the planet on that March 8 flight.

ok got my answer :)

Good morning! Yes, very wise not to get too carried away with suspects.

To me, this incident feels 75% likely to be intentional, 25% some odd accident.

There's no solid evidence yet to implicate the pilots, Iranian stolen passport holders, Uighur passengers, other passengers, or a combination of any.

As for the pilot's mysterious phone call, not only could it have been a mistress, but the original article mentioned another possibility:

If so, perhaps it was a suspicious call to launch a violent action, but it just as easily could have been an innocent call to arrange a peaceful protest or meeting in response to the Anwar verdict.

I agree with your post

I was watching CNN this a.m. and they were showing film of the planes and people working on the search and rescue teams. It was so impressive and the thought came to me that this type of thing should be shown to the families that are complaining that nothing is being done. These heroic efforts should be seen by them so they will at least know what exactly is being done. They should be fully aware that people are risking their lives to try to find their loved ones. jmo

completely agree :seeya:

At the risk of using the "S" word, has anyone found or read anything speculative as to WHY this particular aircraft and flight time and route would have been selected for hijack? All I have read is the possibility of its cargo being the goal. That baby could be put to bed if the true cargo manifest were to be publicized. jmo

May have been posted already, apologies if it has. Also answers many basic questions.

What happened to MH370? A pilot and a flight attendant give their views
Speculation about what really happened on missing flight 370 has been rampant. A commercial long-haul pilot and an experienced cabin crew member discuss the possibilities.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/21/what-happened-to-flight-mh370-missing-plane

It was posted already, I have it bookmarked. But thank you for bringing it up again for anyone who may have missed it.
IMO it should be posted once or twice a day, as it answers so many questions that get asked often.
One of the best articles I have read since this all started.

I agree. I had no idea how dangerous it is. Those planes are flying at 300 feet above the water and some of those waves can be 30 or 40 feet high. Scares me to death. jmo

That is very low flying. I know the pilots are fully trained though, and know their craft.

It is terrifying to me since I can't fly anything, for sure! (Although, I must say, I might not mind flying if I could do it solo or with just a pilot and not 300plus people. Don't like crowds, don't like waiting around, don't like lots about commercial flying, therefore, flying is never pleasant to me.)

France provided new satellite data Sunday showing possible debris

http://www.newstimes.com/news/world...how-possible-debris-from-jetliner-5341774.php

The new information given to Malaysia’s government and forwarded to searchers in Australia shows “potential objects” in the same part of the ocean where satellite images previously released by Australia and China showed objects that could be debris from the plane, Malaysia’s Ministry of Transport said in a statement without providing further details.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...e-debris-from-malaysia-jetliner/#.Uy8ByPldW4I

I was watching CNN this a.m. and they were showing film of the planes and people working on the search and rescue teams. It was so impressive and the thought came to me that this type of thing should be shown to the families that are complaining that nothing is being done. These heroic efforts should be seen by them so they will at least know what exactly is being done. They should be fully aware that people are risking their lives to try to find their loved ones. jmo

I believe the families frustration and 'complaints' are directed towards the Malaysian gov't

If I understand you post correctly, You believe the families are totally unaware of the search that has been and is still going on with the help of other countries?

I thought the families were fully aware of the search that is being conducted by the numerous countries who are using their own aircraft and ships.

Hi guys haven't been on here for a couple of days, I thought I'd wait until they confirmed it was the plane...however got a phone call from an old friend of mine today and we had a big chat....she lives in Secret Harbour which is just south of Perth as her de facto is in the navy, and this is where a lot of navy guys live.........it is all around the area that this is definitely the plane....but will of course still have to go through all the hoha before it is confirmed to the general public...

Am a bit suss about the phone call the pilot received as well from the woman with the fake id......someone mentioned he may have been having an affair........this is indeed a possibility, or maybe he was being threatened.....

I am with a few above and unfortunately think the pilot was involved because of the corrupt politics, to cause chaos for the government and bring attention to them internationally re what is going on in Malaysia...

I will not rule out a hijacking from another group, and the woman was part of this group and maybe threatening his family, or similar..........however why has no group claimed responsibility.............maybe they will once the plane has been discovered...

my opinion and theories only of course.,

Thanks for this info Revampz, "good" to hear they're so confident it's the plane, maybe they've got more to go on than we know, have seen clearer pictures...

That is very low flying. I know the pilots are fully trained though, and know their craft.

It is terrifying to me since I can't fly anything, for sure! (Although, I must say, I might not mind flying if I could do it solo or with just a pilot and not 300plus people. Don't like crowds, don't like waiting around, don't like lots about commercial flying, therefore, flying is never pleasant to me.)

I also hope the crew on the merchant ships are doing ok, they've been searching only with the the assistance of binoculars, which from the looks of the Norwegian car carrier, appears to be the outdoor top deck. They've been hanging in there for a few days now. Under normal circumstances, they'd be sailing AROUND a cyclone if possible. I'm sure those seas are ROUGH!

INMARSAT satellite ping updates

For anyone who missed it, yesterday on the previous thread user NuttyMare passed on new information from the satellite maker (INMARSAT) discussed by aviation reporter Jeff Wise on CNN.

Wise published an article on Slate with the story. If you want to understand the very latest (as of yesterday) interpretation of the plane's possible location from the satellite pings, it's a great read. An even better, more detailed version with lots of maps and graphs is on Wise's own blog (linked at end of Slate article).

INMARSAT analysts say now:

-- The satellite pings were definitely MH-370. They are coded as such, can't be faked.
-- MH-370 gave off SEVEN pings, once every hour from 2:11am to 8:11am.
-- MH-370 moved farther AWAY from the satellite with each ping.
-- MH-370 did not travel west across the Indian Ocean.
-- If it traveled north, it crossed the coast near Bangladesh, possibly across its border with India or the other side with Burma(Myanmar). At 8:11am it was in the Kazakhstan area with at most an hour of flying time left.
-- If it traveled south, it crossed Indonesian military radar airspace. At 8:11am it was in/near the area of the southern Indian Ocean currently being searched.

:bump:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member