Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some families aren't avaialble 24/7 to run to a hotel to get updates. I'm sure there is also an "instant message" group they set up for those that opted in.

Right. That, and not all family members are in Kuala Lumpur. It appears they did both, tell the families that were there in person, the ones not present via e-mail and possibly text.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/2...ator-joins-search-for-missing-malaysian-plane

"The objects, described as a "grey or green circular object" and an "orange rectangular object", were spotted about 2,500 km west of Perth on Monday afternoon, said Abbott, adding that three planes were also en route to the area.

Neither Malaysia nor Australia gave details on the objects' size.

"We're not sure if Success will be able to find them tonight," John Young, general manager of the emergency response division of the Australian Maritime Safety Authority, said in a video statement. "She may need the assistance of another serch aircraft on the scene tomorrow to do that."

The orange is thought to be life jackets from what CNN said on the live feed

I'm sure in due time details will emerge. His focus and attention was with the families and not go into detail at this time. He was just pointing out the various agencies who also came to this conclusion.

I imagine it's the families who need the details the most.

I am so flipping mad ..

16 days .
This sounds like witch doctor crap.
On day 1-15 no one knows crap .. then all of the sudden stuff is floating in the debris hub of the ocean and they are able to assume everyone is dead. Never mind the fact the plane didnt have gas to get there,wasnt seen by radar after 2:15 .

Now tell us what happen , REALLY.,

Oh no....elderly family member rushed to hosptal by ambulance.

So sad.

Sorry. Not acceptable. Not at all acceptable. You gather them in a quiet room when you have an inkling. Then you report to them first.

Forgive the autocorrect. Tapatalk has a mind of its own. :)

that's not necessarily going to be possible if they are in two separate locations

with the speed at which info spreads these days, the families may have heard before someone could get to them ... and then we'd be all over them for not text messaging them sooner

at any rate, we don't know what the text said - it could've just been giving them the news about the data that the U.K. discovered and then they were told in person what that data probably meant

I'm sorry. But there is no reason for this to be told by text. None. This is the part of technology that bugs me greatly.
Something should be done in person because it is the right thing to do.

Some families aren't avaialble 24/7 to run to a hotel to get updates. I'm sure there is also an "instant message" group they set up for those that opted in.

Keir Simmons ‏@KeirSimmons Mar 20
#370 relatives at today's meeting say they were asked to fill out a form if they wanted to be informed of info urgently... 13 days later...

It might be related to this.

Keir Simmons ‏@KeirSimmons 14m
Here in Malaysia the father of a 29 year old flight 370 passenger watched the Prime Ministers' announcement on television. Heart breaking.

Omar Selamat's son Khairul was on board. Omar sat quietly. His wife - his son's stepmother - stroking his arm, with tears in her eyes.

Omar does not speak English, so after the Prime Minister had finished talking a relative leaned over and explained. Omar walked away.

https://twitter.com/KeirSimmons

Thank goodness that cnn brought in Anderson. I can not take the ridiculous drama by the daytime hosts.

I think they're pretty certain they've found some wreckage and that's exactly what they want to avoid - it being released by a journo on a plane/ship rather than an official statement. The satellite data and modelling gives them enough to go on to make the announcement with certainty before they retrieve the debris JMO

I politely and sincerely disagree with way this has been handled today.
This is JMO but I just dont agree that what the PM did was the way to go about this without positive ID of the debris.

The searchers are professionals and they can be directed to not share with outside sources. For that matter, they could have confiscated cell phones of everyone on board to prevent that kind of leak until official word is provided by the professionals on board those search vehicles directly to the PM.

Nothing but absolute and positive ID and Proof is what is needed at this point and nothing less. It can be managed and controlled where official sources could have given the first word to the PM to let him make his announcement once debris is identified positively. This is not difficult to do.

This IMO is just another failure of the Malaysia officials in their communciation. What have we really learned. It most likely is in the India ocean. Yeah, we kind of new that already. We need positive ID and nothing less before an announcement like this should have been made.

For that matter, there could be still people clinging on debris once it is located. Until they positively find and look at and touch and feel the debris and say it is from plane, there is nothing definite to me.

All JMO of course.

I'm sorry. But there is no reason for this to be told by text. None. This is the part of technology that bugs me greatly.
Something should be done in person because it is the right thing to do.

It was done in person, in two locations in Beijing and KL as well as texted to those that opted in for latest updates.

March 24, 2014 at 10:47 am

Malaysian PM: Flight 370 'ended' in southern Indian Ocean

Rob Griffith and Todd Pitman/Associated Press

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia — A new analysis of satellite data indicates the missing Malaysia Airlines plane crashed into a remote corner of the Indian Ocean, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said Monday.

The news is a major breakthrough in the unprecedented two-week struggle to find out what happened to Flight 370, which disappeared shortly after takeoff from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 passengers and crew aboard on March 8.

Dressed in a black suit, Najib announced the news in a brief statement to reporters late Monday night, saying the information was based on an unprecedented analysis of satellite data from Inmarsat...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140324/NATION/303240034#ixzz2wtOc6leZ

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140324/NATION/303240034#ixzz2wtO71IUa

But then why go into this thing about Immarsat?

If the debris has been verified, why not just release this information during the same statement? Something like, "we have verified a piece (or pieces) of the plane from the Indian Ocean. This, combined with Immarsat's analysis of the data, leads us to conclude with certainty that it ended in the Southern Indian Ocean.

From PM's statement, he makes it sound like it was this new analysis by Immarsat which caused them to reach the conclusion that it ended up in the Indian Ocean.

However, he gave no details as to how this analysis was done or whatnew data Immarsat had.

JMO.

Thank you... I have been looking all over for any details. I'd especially like to know if this is basically a reverification or actually new data? And, if this is the 'arc' data, how have they ruled out the Northern route.

(or am I misunderstanding all this?)

But then why go into this thing about Immarsat?

If the debris has been verified, why not just release this information during the same statement? Something like, "we have verified a piece (or pieces) of the plane from the Indian Ocean. This, combined with Immarsat's analysis of the data, leads us to conclude with certainty that it ended in the Southern Indian Ocean.

I don't think the debris has been verified as they haven't picked it up yet, but I think they're pretty certain

From PM's statement, he makes it sound like it was this new analysis by Immarsat which caused them to reach the conclusion that it ended up in the Indian Ocean.

However, he gave no details as to how this analysis was done or whatnew data Immarsat had.

JMO.

BBM

In the live report on Sky they said that the new data came from the results of extensive computer modelling - which allowed them to more accurately track the path of the plane

I am so flipping mad ..

16 days .
This sounds like witch doctor crap.
On day 1-15 no one knows crap .. then all of the sudden stuff is floating in the debris hub of the ocean and they are able to assume everyone is dead. Never mind the fact the plane didnt have gas to get there,wasnt seen by radar after 2:15 .

Now tell us what happen , REALLY.,

Yes, and if some of us are feeling this way, I am pretty certain that some family members will be feeling the same way.

We know that Malaysia probably took about 4 days to verify the latest, "conclusive" information from Immarsat (if we look at their prior history and about how long it takes for their own teams to verify information given to them).

They were probably not going to just buy Immarsat's conclusion without verifying it themselves.

That means they had this information at least, IMO, about 4 days ago.

That means Immarsat had come to its conclusions about (at least) 5 days ago.

But the question is, what "new data" did Immarsat gather?

JMO.

I had a feeling, when I read this morning that the US was moving their black box finder to the Indian Ocean, something had to be up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop