Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
paraphrasing: Just to put it in perspective David Johnston

We're looking for an aircraft in and area the size of the state of Victoria from Perth.

It is looking for an eyelash in a swimming pool, massive search.

One of my airforce friends said this.

WHAT? More nonsense.

If I had a loved one one this plane....am not going to say because I will get banned from this forum.

The defense minister looks like a younger and thinner jack Nicholson.

RAAF spokesman Binskin says we are not searching for a needle in a haystack we are still trying to define where the haystack is! As we get more information and people get more data, we will refine the search area. For safety conditions today we have suspended the search but in the coming days we will resume the search with additional capabilities including two Chinese ships. The cooperation between nations has been fantastic and the search will continue to find the wreckage.

Not cool Malaysia, Australian family members notified by txt message. Didin't even have the decency of a phone call according to Channel 9 news. Burrows family holding a press conference to thank all countries involved in the search

Not cool Malaysia, Australian family members notified by txt message. Didin't even have the decency of a phone call according to Channel 9 news. Burrows family holding a press conference to thank all countries involved in the search

From what I read, the text was a back-up to other ways contact was made or attempted, in an effort to alert families prior to hearing it in the news. JMO

I am sorry these families are having such a terrible time...but I hope they do not really believe the people are alive and that they can simply be returned...

I believe the plane crashed in that ocean and the question is now why, not if. And with all plane crashes...it can take a very long time to determine the "why". I hope at some point soon the proof of the plane crashing is clear, and that they eventually realize that the waiting involved to find out why is inevitable...not just a Malaysian flaw...jmo.

It'd be my guess that some do believe that. The two countries have not been on the best of terms even before this, and the Malaysian government did little during this crisis to further inspire trust, IMO. Their friends and relatives on that flight are probably dead, true...but I'm sure at this point the Chinese families are not likely to believe that until they see a bit more evidence forthcoming--something more than "an algorithm never used before" in determining the fate of their loved ones. And I don't fault them...JMO, but I think if I were in their shoes (having watched this played out from the sidelines) I'd want more evidence right now, too, before accepting that sudden, brief pronouncement. If they've got the location honed in on with that algorithm now, that black box should be forthcoming at some point, and that can give them the closure they need.

They are 100% confident there are no survivors, eh? grr.

Philip Wen ‏@PhilipWen11 9m

Got busted and pushed out to where other reporters are on edge of road. Last I heard families gave 30min limit for embassy staff to emerge.

Philip Wen ‏@PhilipWen11 16m

Another young man makes a run at the embassy gate. Plain clothes police telling riot police and paramilitary not to use force. #MH370

Whilst we are waiting for the press conferences, I have just been shopping and to my surprise my local supermarket had mangosteens! I couldn't believe it as I have never seen them before and have been wondering lots about them.

So of course I had to buy one and I have it currently floating in a large bowl of water. My family will think I have gone mad when they see it but you guys will understand. Most of it is below the water and only a small amount above the water. It is also a lot smaller than I imagined, maybe a bit bigger than a golf ball, about 5 cms in diameter. It's very dark purple and light weight. Hard skin so may take a while to become waterlogged and sink. I Dont think they will be finding any mangosteens in the water as it will be too hard to see them if they are still floating.

I seriously thank you for this post. I was so curious what they were, what they looked like, and if they floated. You answered all that. Thanks.

I think that story may have been whipped up by the media looking for sensationalism, when you read into it a little it makes more sense.

From the official statement:

And it is in that spirit that we informed the majority of the families in advance of the Prime Minister’s statement in person and by telephone. SMSs were used only as an additional means of communicating with the families.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...efends_itself_from_criticism_for_sending.html

Not only do the loved ones need answers, but so do every day travellers as to make sure this does not re-occur. Ugh.

It'd be my guess that some do believe that. The two countries have not been on the best of terms even before this, and the Malaysian government did little during this crisis to further inspire trust, IMO. Their friends and relatives on that flight are probably dead, true...but I'm sure at this point the Chinese families are not likely to believe that until they see a bit more evidence forthcoming--something more than "an algorithm never used before" in determining the fate of their loved ones. And I don't fault them...JMO, but I think if I were in their shoes (having watched this played out from the sidelines) I'd want more evidence right now, too, before accepting that sudden, brief pronouncement. If they've got the location honed in on with that algorithm now, that black box should be forthcoming at some point, and that can give them the closure they need.

I am saying once some debris is found...I can understand being doubtful now. Though I am unclear why they would think that basically the whole world would basically join in a Malaysian conspiracy. JMO

ok....now the Malaysia guy is coming across as bragging about how much they are offering the families. Not cool IMO. These officials need training themselves on what not to say.

They had the gall to say they trained 15 additional caregivers. Uhhhhh. Like did they hire people off the street or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24