Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your theory and I hope we are right. No pain, no terror, no fear for any of the 239 souls on board.

Which would explain why there were absolutely no attempts by any passengers to make any phone calls or texts at any time.

I sincerely hope this is what happened, for the sake of the passengers. This was one of my theories in the beginning as well, but with the bombardment of false and extraneous information that we received it was hard to stay with one theory for any length of time.

And to add to my post above, I still don't know what to think. Ask me in an hour and I'll have a different theory. I think any of them could be true, or none of them could be true. That's why I haven't been posting as much on this thread, it's frustrating with the ever-changing information.

I have just read that there is a a secret emergency procedure that would allow airline staff to get into the cockpit in the event that the pilots were, for example, rendered unconscious by a mechanical fault. They would then be able to send a message via the cockpit.

However, it can be over-ridden by the flight deck as pilots have the ability to block anyone's entrance. Therefore, if the pilots were acting suspiciously the cabin crew would have been denied access and rendered helpless.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/search-...s-in-midair-20140326-zqn41.html#ixzz2x3PIjMTI

It seems Malaysia has given the info on the inmarsat conclusions as well as a time frame.
Malaysian officials say they can tell you how Flight 370 ended. It crashed into the Indian Ocean, they'll say, citing complicated math as proof.

They can tell you when it probably happened -- on March 8, sometime between 8:11 and 9:15 a.m. (7:11 to 8:15 p.m. ET March 7), handing you a sheet with extraordinarily technical details about satellite communications technology.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/26/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Why aren't the media publishing the sheet?

Which would explain why there were absolutely no attempts by any passengers to make any phone calls or texts at any time.

I sincerely hope this is what happened, for the sake of the passengers. This was one of my theories in the beginning as well, but with the bombardment of false and extraneous information that we received it was hard to stay with one theory for any length of time.

Another possible reason for the absence of any mobile phone communication is that mobile phones would have been out of range, particularly while the plane flew over the Indian Ocean. Furthermore, the satellite phones in business class may have been intentionally disabled or rendered inoperable by the same incident that took out the other systems.

Another possible reason for the absence of any mobile phone communication is that mobile phones would have been out of range, particularly while the plane flew over the Indian Ocean. Furthermore, the satellite phones in business class may have been intentionally disabled or rendered inoperable by the same incident that took out the other systems.

Do we know if that would still be true as close as they were to Perth and as low as they were flying? What if they tried to send texts at any time, would they go through later?

Do we know if that would still be true as close as they were to Perth and as low as they were flying? What if they tried to send texts at any time, would they go through later?

The area they are searching really isn't all that close to Perth, it's some 2000 kms away. It's not actually in Australia. It's in international waters. I'm very confident that no telco's offer that kind of range. Iirc, we discussed satellite phones and determined that no such service was available on MH370?

ABC TV news just reported that the families of the Aussies missing on flight MH370 were in Federal Parliament today for a minute’s silence to honour their loved ones.

After the Parliament session, they were given a special private briefing by the maritime authorities.

Relatives of the Australian victims of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have witnessed Federal Parliament mark a moment of silence in honour of their loved ones.

Members of the Lawton and Burrows families sat in the Speaker's gallery of the House of Representatives as Prime Minister Tony Abbott moved a motion of condolence for the families and victims.

"I want to assure them that Australia will do all it can to recover what we can from the southern Indian Ocean so that they can have the closure and eventually the peace that comes with understanding what happened," Mr Abbott said.

"Four Australian families have an ache in their heart. Nothing we say or do can take that ache away.

"Still, the knowledge that this nation, through this Parliament, has paused to acknowledge that loss may be of some comfort in facing this terrible bereavement.

"May God bless you at this very sad time."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-26/malaysia-airlines-mh370-parliament-offers-condolences/5346826

'Chinese tradition' to recover bodies

Hundreds of relatives of passengers from Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 are expected to arrive soon in Perth, as the search for the presumed crash site continues.

My Yap says it is important in Chinese tradition for relatives to be able to recover the bodies of their loved ones.

"I think in Chinese tradition, which some people are still practicing now, it's necessary," he said.

"For example, in a situation where a member of the family died from drowning, but they can't find the body, they would go to the waterfront, throw a watermelon into the water, and call out their name and hope the body would resurface.

"They would be hoping to recover the bodies and take them back to China or Malaysia, or wherever they come from, and be able to bury the bodies."

WA Premier Colin Barnett told Fairfax Radio he expected the number of Chinese relatives preparing to come to Perth to be in the hundreds.

"We don't know the numbers, but we expect several hundred to come to Perth over the coming week," he said.

"We as a State Government will certainly do all we can to make their visit as pleasant as it can be given the circumstances, we'll host them, look after them, do all they can."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-...inese-families-in-perth-wa-for-bodies/5347118

The area they are searching really isn't all that close to Perth, it's some 2000 kms away. It's not actually in Australia. It's in international waters. I'm very confident that no telco's offer that kind of range. Iirc, we discussed satellite phones and determined that no such service was available on MH370?

I didn't know that there wasn't a satellite phone service on MH370. Was this an official announcement or something deduced on websleuths? It's just that I read to the contrary on a recent media report.

I didn't know that there wasn't a satellite phone service on MH370. Was this an official announcement or something deduced on websleuths? It's just that I read to the contrary on a recent media report.

There was no mobile calls or internet on the plane I have read in several articles that Malaysia Airlines never paid the extra money for the service on the plane.

A very interesting article about how the search is being conducted aboard US Poseidon....

A US Navy P-8A Poseidon is one of the aircraft searching for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370. It searched more than 36,000-square kilometres yesterday and was diverted to try and verify objects spotted by the Australian military. ABC reporter Emily Piesse was on board.

And with a flight altitude of 200 feet at times, it is also the lowest the Poseidon has flown

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-25/inside-the-us-poseidon-aircraft-searching-for-mh370/5343988

There was no mobile calls or internet on the plane I have read in several articles that Malaysia Airlines never paid the extra money for the service on the plane.

Here is another reference, not the one I read earlier...The Age is a respected newspaper in Australia.

"According to the Malaysia Airlines website, in-flight entertainment systems in business class on a Boeing 777-200, the model of flight MH370, are equipped with satellite phones.

Mr Smith said that this entertainment system could, however, be disabled as was the jet’s transponder and Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS). No one yet knows how and why these systems were not working.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/sear...-in-midair-20140326-zqn41.html?skin=text-only

I was just going off what I read here. However, it seems there may have been sat phones but whether they still worked is another question.

Wish I hadn't opened this can of worms again, lol.

Mobile phones may have been out of range, and the satellite phones which existed in business class could have been disabled, either purposefully or accidentally, by the same incident that eliminated the plane's tracking systems.

http://m.smh.com.au/world/search-fo...engers-helpless-in-midair-20140326-zqn41.html

The area they are searching really isn't all that close to Perth, it's some 2000 kms away. It's not actually in Australia. It's in international waters. I'm very confident that no telco's offer that kind of range. Iirc, we discussed satellite phones and it was determined that no such service was available on MH370?

Thank you, Brightbird! You are right, the satellite phones have been one of the many things we've dissected on this thread. There was no such service on the plane as far as we've been made aware. Although I am curious if as low as they were flying if they would be able to pick up any reception?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak