Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be that he realised he couldn't save the plane and passengers, and the best case scenario was setting it on a course where it would crash without harming anyone on the ground.

Oh, I continued watching and answered my own question - it’s just areas churned up by the crashing of the waves and the ship. :blushing: For some reason, in the first half, it really looked like patches of ice under the water. :laughitup:

Ok, I watched again and right around the 1:06 to 1:40 mark, it really does look like there’s something under the water. :laughitup:

FTR: I realize this was taken some time ago and has nothing at all to do with the search for MH370.

I also realize that I’m straying off topic and risking having a finger wagged at me. At least it’s a little diversion from us all talking in circles about no new information.

The storyline about the pilot taking the plane for a “last joyride” is particularly offensive to me. I am neutral about the possibility of his guilt, because at this point, almost anything is possible - but, I think it’s gross for a news organization to sell such a provocative story based on an anonymous “friend” who spoke to the pilot a few times per year, and could provide no other information aside from conjecture based on rumours.

This is being discussed on the Facebook group 'Tomnod Malaysia Airlines' at the moment. Very interesting.

http://www.haveeru.com.mv/news/54178

Maldive govt claims the canister is not explosive or dangerous but has not identified what it is yet.

http://www.haveeru.com.mv/news/54175

Maldive Govt claims it is explosive, oy vey! I think the news just got it wrong.

MNDF has confirmed that it is in fact an explosive devices and is currently being investigated by their officials who went to the island today.
http://minivannews.com/news-in-brief/suspected-explosive-washed-up-on-baarah-beach-80941

Picture of similar canister that is fire extinguisher

http://aae-ltd.com/extinguisher-bottle-assembly/

More on what is going on in the Maldives generally

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-26668107

I understand the towed listening device is in Malaysia and will not arrive in Australia until next week? Is this device being brought to the area by ship? Thanks

ETA: this must be last weeks news replayed today.

Maldive govt claims the canister is not explosive or dangerous but has not identified what it is yet.

http://www.haveeru.com.mv/news/54175

Maldive Govt claims it is explosive, oy vey! I think the news just got it wrong.

http://minivannews.com/news-in-brief/suspected-explosive-washed-up-on-baarah-beach-80941

Picture of similar canister that is fire extinguisher

http://aae-ltd.com/extinguisher-bottle-assembly/

More on what is going on in the Maldives generally

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-26668107

Yes but the latest report today, 26th, says not explosive :banghead:

27th March, 2014: 6.45am(AEDT)

Search and recovery operation for Malaysia Airlines aircraft: Update 20

The search and recovery operation for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 continues today, with six military
aircraft, five civil aircraft and five ships in the Australian Search and Rescue Region.

HMAS Success remains in the search area about 2500 kilometres south-west of Perth and was joined by
four Chinese ships – Xue Long, Kuulunshan, Haikon and Qiandaohu – in the search area.

Two Royal Australian Air Force P3 Orions, a Japanese Gulfstream jet, a US Navy P8 Poseidon and a
Japanese P3 Orion will fly sorties throughout the day.

Five civil aircraft will fly to the search area.

Three objects were spotted on Wednesday by two aircraft but were not able to be relocated despite
several passes. They were unrelated to the credible satellite imagery provided to AMSA.

Positions in the satellite information released by Malaysia Remote Sensing Agency on March 26 were
within Wednesday’s search area.

Weather in the search area is expected to deteriorate later today

http://www.amsa.gov.au/media/documents/27032014_MediaRelease_Update20_MH370AM.pdf

I have always been sure that the plane ended up where they said it ended up but I think that image settles it for me. That looks exactly like I would expect a debris field to look.

I have no doubt either, that this is where the plane went down.

I know, eh! It get's maddening. At least they could tell us what "involved in the investigation" actually means.

An unnamed source could be a fabricated piece of lies the media has made up to sell the story.

I understand the towed listening device is in Malaysia and will not arrive in Australia until next week? Is this device being brought to the area by ship? Thanks

The HMAS Success (an Australian ship) will continue its search in the west and the Chinese icebreaker “Xue Long” is in the east. A U.S. Navy black box “ping” detector also arrived in Australia to aid in the search.

http://www.salon.com/2014/03/26/mal...nch_satellite_images_show_most_credible_lead/

U.S. Embassy KL ‏@usembassykl 19h
New #USNavy "Towed Pinger Locator 25" arrived in Perth to assist with search for #MH370 http://goo.gl/tF137z pic.twitter.com/g8aAD765DQ

:please: Please let the families have some answers today. :please:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=509193159192670

Hi guys this is doing the rounds on facebook and some MSM news site....sorry if you have seen it, but this is suppose to be from one of the ships in the last couple of days and I would believe it.......

so can understand why this may take some time to find anything, and how debris can move quite considerably in this type of weather...

I could only watch it for a few seconds and felt seasick!

Wow, that's insane!
No wonder ships/planes are having a difficult time locating the debris!

Do they have mechanical ways to get debri plucked from ocean?

I was thinking along the lines of when we see frogmen jump into the ocean as experienced frogmen do it as part of their job. Usually search and rescue type people is where I have seen footage of them doing it. Usually from helicopters.

Large trawling nets might work.

It could be that he realised he couldn't save the plane and passengers, and the best case scenario was setting it on a course where it would crash without harming anyone on the ground.

I also hope this is the case.

It does seem that the plane may have turned towards Langkawi then maybe Phuket. As a former pilot said in the "Startlingly Simple" theory a good pilot ALWAYS knows where the nearest viable airport is, and Captain Shah would have flown that route many times; just as we all know where the nearest petrol station or layby is on our daily commute, he would have known where to go if in trouble. I hope he was a hero and did what you said, aimed it towards the sea knowing a land crash could kill those on the ground.

I'm pretty sure it's in the Indian ocean and they will find something at some point someday soon (!) it's the WHY OH WHY bit that's giving me brainache, I hope this riddle gets solved.

Looks like possible bad weather again...really hope they can grab hold of something, somehow.

i fufilled my halt! I made it ! it was not easy:

two days ago first thing iI saw was MAL guy dont a standard plane crash x vrashed no survors amatat sat confirm whatever

THEN HE LEAVES

he leaves

goes back to studio

wht happend to mal 370
so lost

45 min later the amastat dude comes on and did what the PM did a week ago

that was it

i am checking out for at least 24 hours

its hanging a steak over your dogs nose for weeks

its mean

coming back on line

today

half ping

well if you all are doing whole pings and now you say half ping how can you all not move the search area forward

its just dont know-------- but I am glad i did my thing was able to shut off

but now I need you all and that is ok.....................................................

I'm not Ocean, but theories are not that men are more likely to attempt suicide. It is that men choose a more direct and assured method than women when they do choose. These discussions could go on for days though.

It does seem mass suicide/homicide is directed by mostly men. Can't think of a female case right off the top of my head.

To get closer to topic though. I still don't think this plane crash has anything to do with intentional suicidal issues. Could be wrong, but I still think something went awry with the aircraft itself.

BBM.
I agree, too. Some sort of mechanical failure, which in turn caused a hypoxic emergency. Although I don't know why the plane would have went up to 45000 feet if mechanical failure was the original issue.

Interesting. The Maldives sightings were discounted because they do not fit with the satellite-ping data interpretation of where the plane was.

The object found on the beach sure looks like a Boeing fire suppression bottle.

If it turns out to be from MH-370, either the plane went down somewhere somewhat near there, or it flew by with such severe cabin structural damage that parts of it were falling off...

I know when Qantas Air 32 had that explosion in it's second engine, debris from the engine fell off and landed in Indonesia. So it's possible that MH370 was dropping pieces as well. I don't want to entirely discount the Maldives sightings, though. It fits with part of the timeline.

1. Startling drop from the sky that took several seconds. It seemed like a straight vertical drop but I assume we were going forward as well.

2. Very quiet. Nobody said a word. I was scared to death. Finally got up the nerve to ask a gentlemen next to me, "what's going on? Are we going to be ok".

3. If I remember correctly, he was/had been in the Air Force. He said, "We lost cabin pressure. The pilot did the right thing. We're now flying low enough that we can breath safely on our own. Do you feel the hypoxia? We were without oxygen for a short period of time."

4. At his suggestion, I took note that something was different. I felt a bit groggy, drowsy, slow (or thick headed), almost like a buzz from alcohol. I noticed this after the fact and remembered the sensation of pressure or slow motion when the depressurization was occurring but I was not conscious of it happening when it was happening. After we dropped, things seemed to speed up, especially my thought processes. That is when the fear kicked in (not terror but I could have gotten there quickly).

5. The pilot said nothing. The crew said nothing. It was scary as hell.

6. Oxygen masks did not drop. I asked the Air Force guy why. He said, "Maybe the pilot overrode the system or maybe he caught it early enough to prevent them from dropping." I was concerned that they weren't working.

7. At some point, the pilot finally announced that we were landing in Indianapolis to do maintenance checks. It was the closest airport after the depressurization.

8. After 45 minutes, the gate attendant announced that everything checked out ok except the cabin pressurization system and that we were going to re-board the plane and fly low to Chicago (so we wouldn't need a pressurized cabin). The airlines did not offer to put us on other flights or to find a new plane for us.

9. All the sheeple (including myself) boarded the plane. I didn't notice anyone protesting or asking to be rebooked. I was a nervous wreak, wondering if they were wrong and there were major problems with the plane.

10. After takeoff, I looked for reassurance from the men sitting around me. The Air Force guy was no longer seated next to me. I think he was up close to the pilots. Another engineering type guy explained that the problem with flying low is that we lost our ability to glide if something went wrong. I was disgusted that we were all stupid enough to re-board and the airlines was willing to risk lives to save money. Thankfully, we landed safely in Chicago.

I hope the people on the 370 flight died quickly from hypoxia rather than after hours of terror. My short experience with hypoxia was painless and I wasn't conscious of what was happening when it was happening. I've read that it's one of the more peaceful ways to die; you just go to sleep. I hope that's true and that's what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My goodness LittleRose, what a horrible ordeal you went through, I could literally feel it as I was reading and it sounded absolutely terrifying. Added to the fact that they weren't communicating with you and the other passengers let alone acknowledging the situation! Were you ever offered any kind of compensation or apology? Eurostar gives you 50% off if you're a little late, I would expect a heck of a lot more for what you all had to experience! Thank you for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste