Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it! :sigh: Hopefully the other planes have more to go on. If they can verify the debris is from the plane that will be a HUGE step in the right direction, but they may never find the black box. :stormingmad:

I've totally reversed my sleep schedule so I'm awake at night to watch for more information. I hope when I wake up this afternoon they'll have some concrete evidence about the plane. :please:

:eek:fftobed: :countsheep:

I have changed mine too, i don't go to bed during the day but i go to bed MUCH earlier, as the planes are flying out, around 6pm my time then wake at 9 or 10 and stay up some then at midnight or 1 and stay up then at 3 and finally wake at 5.30 for the briefing.

Who else has changed their sleep schedules

is this the new or old search field.

It seems to me they said they were abandoning the first search field. I got the impression that the data bit they got re speed just refined inmarsats equation with a new speed plugged in which would then give it its northerly new point. It was a group of inmarsat, ntsb aaib and a bunch of others that worked on refining it. CNN was making assumptions that i did not get from the press conference at all that its all wild guesses etc.

RBBM:
Thank you so much for this, last night watching CNN after the news conference they frustrated the h*!! Out of me. I had to step away.

I hope this refined area turns up something, and CNN chills out with their coverage. I know I will only be watching official news conferences and ignoring the "experts" on CNN.

[/B]

RBBM:
Thank you so much for this, last night watching CNN after the news conference they frustrated the h*!! Out of me. I had to step away.

I hope this refined area turns up something, and CNN chills out with their coverage. I know I will only be watching official news conferences and ignoring the "experts" on CNN.

I agree. Watching CNN last night, Anderson Cooper and a few of his experts were clearly very frustrated and not very objective. I think Anderson should take a few days and work on a different story and then come back to this. Anderson and a few of his guests had seeminly just convinced themselves that the "objects" sighted by satellite were all plane debris. And so all their reporting and theories and speculation just went out the window. I think some of them are getting confused about what facts have been released and what is theory and from whom. They seem to have started to rely on some of their own speculation as fact.

Yeah, really. I loved Miles O'Brien last night when the news came out....he just basically threw away all the information. He was like, yeah, that looks exactly like the plan did a U-turn (from the last contact with transponder) and just flew straight South. He basically threw away: left turn, military radar points, etc.. :floorlaugh:

Both his throwing out theory and Anderson's seemingly dumbfounded reactions near did me in! Lol :scared: no more of them for me!

Keir Simmons ‏@KeirSimmons 2h
Unconfirmed: “@cctvnews: Picture: suspicious object spotted by New Zealand military plane on Friday. #MH370 pic.twitter.com/bbdgJfVcdX”

Retweeted by Keir Simmons
Adrienne Mong ‏@adriennemong 2h
Regarding the image Tweeted by @cctvnews, the Australian search authorities say: "The news crews may not have captured the images." #MH370

Umm what is going on?

Attachments

• Bj0MJgzCEAAEv2L.png
    Bj0MJgzCEAAEv2L.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 38
Search effort creates strange bedfellows:

The level of military co-operation between a grouping of countries that contains several traditional antagonists has been unprecedented. But as the wary allies focus on solving this mystery, they are keenly aware of the boundaries of co-operation - diplomatic or military.

"When they are out there and the United States is using its sensors, you can be absolutely sure that the Chinese are recording all of that and are analysing how it's done because that's very useful in understanding how the P8s work," David Brewster, a visiting fellow at the Strategic Defence and Studies Center at the Australian National University, told Reuters.

The Poseidon, an anti-submarine warfare and electronic signals interception plane manufactured by Boeing Co, is the most advanced of its type. Australia, New Zealand, Japan and South Korea all operate an earlier model, the P3 Orion, while China has the larger Russian-made Ilyushin.

<modsnip>

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/28/MH370-crash-strange-bedfellows/

Search effort creates strange bedfellows:

The level of military co-operation between a grouping of countries that contains several traditional antagonists has been unprecedented. But as the wary allies focus on solving this mystery, they are keenly aware of the boundaries of co-operation - diplomatic or military.

"When they are out there and the United States is using its sensors, you can be absolutely sure that the Chinese are recording all of that and are analysing how it's done because that's very useful in understanding how the P8s work," David Brewster, a visiting fellow at the Strategic Defence and Studies Center at the Australian National University, told Reuters.

The Poseidon, an anti-submarine warfare and electronic signals interception plane manufactured by Boeing Co, is the most advanced of its type. Australia, New Zealand, Japan and South Korea all operate an earlier model, the P3 Orion, while China has the larger Russian-made Ilyushin.

<modsnip>

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/28/MH370-crash-strange-bedfellows/

bbm What no spam!

Got a question .....

Do the black boxes float ? If not, wouldnt it make more since if they were made out of floating material ?

Not a bad idea, but I'd go a few steps further. One that remains with the plane or what's left of it. The other that will float to the surface with lights and a longer lasting pinging device, so it can be spotted more easily.

Jerseygirl....your idea is good too. At the point of impact, maybe it could send coordinates to iCloud to assist in location

Snipped by me

Adrienne Mong &#8207;@adriennemong 2h
Regarding the image Tweeted by @cctvnews, the Australian search authorities say: "The news crews may not have captured the images." #MH370

Umm what is going on?

Say what??? So who took the picture? Or is it just that it was released w/o official sanction?

Chinese insurance companies have started to pay compensation to the families of passengers aboard a missing Malaysia Airlines plane presumed crashed in the southern Indian Ocean.

China Life, the country's largest insurance company, has provided the families of seven passengers with a total compensation of 4.17 million yuan ($671,600), Chen Honghao, an official from China Life's department of planning, told Reuters by telephone on Friday. China Life had 32 clients on the flight and estimates its total compensation would be 8.94 million yuan, Chen said.

Shanghai-based China Pacific Insurance Co., Ltd. compensated the family members of one of its clients with 525,000 yuan on Wednesday, Yan Liping, an executive from the firm's branding division, said in an emailed statement. China Pacific Insurance estimates that it will have to pay out a total of 4.04 million yuan to the families of 12 clients on the flight, Yan said.

New China Life Insurance Co. Ltd. will compensate the families of nine clients on board the flight with a total of about 1 million yuan, Zhang Hongxia, a public relations official from the firm, said on Thursday.

Sunshine Insurance will provided 500,000 yuan in compensation for the family of one of its clients, a woman surnamed Zhang from the firm said on Thursday.

($1 = 6.2 yuan)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/28/us-malaysia-airlines-insurance-idUSBREA2R06G20140328

I agree. Watching CNN last night, Anderson Cooper and a few of his experts were clearly very frustrated and not very objective. I think Anderson should take a few days and work on a different story and then come back to this. Anderson and a few of his guests had seeminly just convinced themselves that the "objects" sighted by satellite were all plane debris. And so all their reporting and theories and speculation just went out the window. I think some of them are getting confused about what facts have been released and what is theory and from whom. They seem to have started to rely on some of their own speculation as fact.

The explanation we (all all of us) were given was frustrating and did not make sense. I'm not saying it doesn't make sense if we totally knew what had transpired, but I don't think they can be accused of not being objective....how can you be objective under those circumstances. I don't think they thought all the objects were plane debris, they were further confused by the news conference because we are now not supposed to call it debris...I really scratched my head on that one also. Doesn't matter where it came from, it's debris from somewhere and the real explanation is probably that our oceans are full of garbage.

For myself, I was glad to hear Anderson and the experts questioning what we are being told.

Five military planes spotted “multiple objects of various colors” during Friday’s search for the missing Malaysia Airlines jet, authorities said.

A New Zealand military plane spotted an object white or light in color and a fishing buoy in the new search zone west of Australia, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority announced.

A Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) P3 Orion also relocated the objects and reported it had seen two blue or grey rectangular objects floating in the ocean, the said in a release.

In a separate sighting around 360 miles away another RAAF P3 Orion spotted other differently colored objects, they added.

Chinese state broadcaster CCTV later tweeted a picture of a "suspicious object" they said had been spotted by New Zealand military plane although neither the Australian authorities nor NBC News could independently verify the image.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/mh370-five-planes-spot-objects-new-search-zone-n65876

Keir Simmons &#8207;@KeirSimmons 2h
Unconfirmed: “@cctvnews: Picture: suspicious object spotted by New Zealand military plane on Friday. #MH370 pic.twitter.com/bbdgJfVcdX”

Adrienne Mong &#8207;@adriennemong 2h

Umm what is going on?

So who would have captured the images and are they real?

Quote Of The Day: :p

"I don't count the original work a waste of time," said John Young, an official at the Australian Maritime Safety Authority, which is leading the multinational search. "This is the normal business of search-and-rescue operations&#8212;that new information comes to light and refined analysis takes you to a different place."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...0001424052702304418404579466432872326564.html

BBM ~ This is very possible. Good thought!
Actually, I thought because it was going faster, that it was manually flown rather than autopilot...
That's why I asked the question earlier, because when you are driving a car on cruise control, and you take it off cruise control, you accelerate to do so. Plus it supports the pilot suicide theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990