Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it! :sigh: Hopefully the other planes have more to go on. If they can verify the debris is from the plane that will be a HUGE step in the right direction, but they may never find the black box. :stormingmad:

I've totally reversed my sleep schedule so I'm awake at night to watch for more information. I hope when I wake up this afternoon they'll have some concrete evidence about the plane. :please:

:eek:fftobed: :countsheep:

I never knew you really had a schedule...?

I've totally reversed my sleep schedule so I'm awake at night to watch for more information. I hope when I wake up this afternoon they'll have some concrete evidence about the plane. :please:

Probably won't hear anything until later tonight, it's 9:30 p.m. now in AU and any confirmation will most likely come from a ship which isn't expected to be in the area until Saturday morning (AU time).

I never knew you really had a schedule...?

I really don't. I guess that's one of the cool things about being on SSDI. I can make my own schedules. It does make it harder to get day stuff done, but it doesn't cramp my style too much.

"""Lindaaaaaa"""

Quiet You!!

SNITCH (Popsicle) ------> <------- (Steely) GOOD GUY!

"Credible Lead" has become as overused as "Breaking News".

:sigh:

CNN anchors seem to be having a difficult time with this new information today. imo

BBM: Experts still feel MH-370's 1:21-2:15am radar track could show emergency OR diversion.

The protracted Indian Ocean search is frustrating. But every shift in it can't be blamed on Malaysia.

Malaysia has little to nothing to do with the search.

The info for the search came from non-Malaysian sources and non-Malaysian data analysis-- Inmarsat, Boeing, Rolls Royce, NTSB, FBI, satellite data from USA, China, Thailand, France, Australia, etc.

The search itself is being carried out by non-Malaysians.

Misinformation and conflicting statements have come not just from the Malaysians, but from all sides. For the sake of closure for the families, let's hope searchers locate some actual debris sometime soon, instead of chasing random floating trash for days or weeks on end.

BBM

I think, because Malaysia is such a tiny country, they didn't have the expertise or resources to cope with such a huge crisis. They had no choice but to call on the big guns. Either that or attempt to sweep it under the carpet & hope the world's attention would just fade on out.

It's going to absolutely cripple the Malay government once the insurance payouts are done. Keeping in mind, they've also lost a multi-million dollar aircraft....somewhere in the vicinity of $260 million!!

It seems the airline has not long started to recover from massive losses, mainly due to cost of fuel. I do wonder if they've been going a tad too far with possible cost cutting in some way. Was there cargo on Flight 370 which should have been carried on their freighter planes.....does this account for the non release of the manifest.

Malay government has a lot of answers to come up with.

Re the "random floating trash"....the only way to decipher whether it is that or not is to send searchers out there to investigate it = one very large process of elimination.

My understanding is that this not provided by Malaysia, but by the international investigative group that is now in Malaysia. That group is made up of the NTSB, the British team, etc.

Ohhh I see, thanks. So did the internation investigate group find some information that the Malaysians had not previously released?

I am just trying to understand "new information."

I would have understood if they said something like, "based on new analysis of the data"....like they did when they confirmed the South Indian Ocean....they said Inmarsat had re-analyzed the data more extensively.

But at this stage, I really don't think there should be "new information" - IMO that kind of indicates that the Malaysians did not release certain information.

IDK.

JMO.

That's it! :sigh: Hopefully the other planes have more to go on. If they can verify the debris is from the plane that will be a HUGE step in the right direction, but they may never find the black box. :stormingmad:

bbm

God bless your diligence.

"Credible Lead" has become as overused as "Breaking News".

:sigh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Remember the Aussie press conference about the satellite images which they've now throw away - "very credible lead."

CNN anchors seem to be having a difficult time with this new information today. imo

Yeah, really. I loved Miles O'Brien last night when the news came out....he just basically threw away all the information. He was like, yeah, that looks exactly like the plan did a U-turn (from the last contact with transponder) and just flew straight South. He basically threw away: left turn, military radar points, etc.. :floorlaugh:

Honestly, who can blame them?! 21 days of nothing.

Chinese relatives in protest walkout
March 28, 2014
The panel of Malaysian officials sat quietly, staring out at the rows of empty seats in the ballroom.
BEIJING: Frustrated family members of the Chinese passengers aboard missing flight MH370 walked out of a briefing by Malaysian officials Friday, leaving the panel to stare at ranks of empty chairs while a single relatives&#8217; representative berated them.
With the search on its 20th day, hundreds of family members of the 153 Chinese passengers stood up about an hour into a briefing at Beijing&#8217;s Lido Hotel and calmly filed out of the room, in a surreal scene that underscored the simmering tensions between the relatives and Malaysian authorities.
The man who led them in protest &#8212; a representative of the families who gave only his surname, Jiang &#8212; took the microphone as soon as officials opened the floor for questions following their presentation on the latest details of the search effort.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2014/03/28/chinese-relatives-in-protest-walkout/

Honestly, who can blame them?! 21 days of nothing.

Chinese relatives in protest walkout
March 28, 2014
The panel of Malaysian officials sat quietly, staring out at the rows of empty seats in the ballroom.
BEIJING: Frustrated family members of the Chinese passengers aboard missing flight MH370 walked out of a briefing by Malaysian officials Friday, leaving the panel to stare at ranks of empty chairs while a single relatives’ representative berated them.
With the search on its 20th day, hundreds of family members of the 153 Chinese passengers stood up about an hour into a briefing at Beijing’s Lido Hotel and calmly filed out of the room, in a surreal scene that underscored the simmering tensions between the relatives and Malaysian authorities.
The man who led them in protest — a representative of the families who gave only his surname, Jiang — took the microphone as soon as officials opened the floor for questions following their presentation on the latest details of the search effort.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2014/03/28/chinese-relatives-in-protest-walkout/

ST Foreign Desk &#8207;@STForeignDesk 3h
Chinese relatives of #MH370 passengers walk out of briefing, demand China inquiry
http://bit.ly/1dTAaCt pic.twitter.com/RSlj8bsw7d

Adding this only for the photo.

Attachments

• Bjz1qInCEAAO7qO.jpg
    Bjz1qInCEAAO7qO.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 30
Yeah, really. I loved Miles O'Brien last night when the news came out....he just basically threw away all the information. He was like, yeah, that looks exactly like the plan did a U-turn (from the last contact with transponder) and just flew straight South. He basically threw away: left turn, military radar points, etc.. :floorlaugh:

In a related observation, Anderson Cooper got an "F" in "being objective and hiding feelings" last night, too. His face was all scrunched up, his tone was one of incredulity, and he may as well just have spoken the words that his non-verbal cues were screaming: "WTF?!?"

Yay Anderson, tell it like it is.

In a related observation, Anderson Cooper got an "F" in "being objective and hiding feelings" last night, too. His face was all scrunched up, his tone was one of incredulity, and he may as well just have spoken the words that his non-verbal cues were screaming: "WTF?!?"

Yay Anderson, tell it like it is.

I was glad it wasn't just my face that looked like that!

The other day there was an expert I was watching on TV. He was explaining that if they find any cell phones, ipads, laptops etc... they will be able to preserve them and extract any videos, messages etc that are on them. It was fascinating listening to him explain it.

What we've concluded so far:

1. The plane is missing

2. There's a lot of "junk" in the Indian Ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95