Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KUALA LUMPUR, March 28 — The US Federal Bureau of Investigation recovered no incriminating evidence from the hard drives and a flight simulator belonging to two pilots on Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, the New York Times reported citing anonymous sources.

According to two unnamed individuals informed of the US investigators’ findings, information obtained from the items taken from the homes of the two aviators on March 15 yielded few clues that could further the probe into the plane’s disappearance on March 8 with 239 people on board.

But one of the sources, a former US law enforcement agent, said this did not mean that the data should be discarded.

“Something on the drive which does not seem important today could be, when viewed with additional data obtained from the background of the individual, his other activity, interviews and data from the flight recorded,” the source told the NYT.

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...mh370-pilots-drives-flight-sim-comes-up-empty

A representative from the Australian Maritime Safety Authority says moving and refining search areas is normal procedure in typical rescue operations, as more reliable data becomes known. This is particularly relevant in this case, as everyone knew the search of MH370 would be extraordinarily difficult.

Lateline ABC Television

It appears to me that there is nothing normal about this entire mystery of the missing plane.

Chinese ship will be in the new zone tomorrow apparently ...

Australia's Maritime Safety Authority now say the five aircraft spotted "multiple objects of various colours" during today's operations in the new search zone.

Search activities have now finished for the day, and photos of the objects will be assessed overnight.
In a statement, AMSA said: "The objects cannot be verified or discounted as being from MH370 until they are relocated and recovered by ships.

"A Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) P3 Orion reported sighting a number of objects white or light in colour and a fishing buoy.

"A Royal Australian Air Force P3 Orion relocated the objects detected by the RNZAF Orion and reported it had seen two blue/grey rectangular objects floating in the ocean.

"A second RAAF P3 Orion spotted various objects of various colours in a separate part of the search area about 546 kilometres away."

Chinese Maritime Administration patrol ship, Haixun 01, will be in a position to relocate the objects on Saturday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-plane-live-military-plane-3293254#ixzz2xGLsf1yA

Journalist on NZ search plane today posts photo of object seen. It's white (or maybe light blue?), man-made, perfectly rectangular, and could be anything:

9FG6aKO.jpg

Jon Williams ‏@WilliamsJon 17m
NZ plane spotted number of objects white/light in color. RAAF relocated objects & reported 2 blue/grey rectangular objects in ocean #MH370

Positive news tonight Australian time. Let's hope they are now looking in the right area.

As an update to my mangosteen floating experiment, the little guy has now been happily floating in my bowl of water for 3 and a half days. The water is starting to get discoloured from the purple skin but it is showing no signs of sinking any time soon. The skin is still hard. I confess I didn't go and buy aquarium salt as I have been busy so it's still in the original tap water.

I wonder if the living things in the ocean would eat those?

Could you possibly add a bit of table salt, a few fish, and a couple of sharks, and report back in a couple of days?

Thanks

David Wright ‏@WrightUps 19m
Initial Kiwi sighting seen again by Aussie plane. AMSA has tasked Chinese vessel Haixun 01 to relocate the objects on Saturday. #MH370

David Wright ‏@WrightUps 1m
This is first time one search plane has been able to relocate and identify possible debris spotted by another plane

Good morning, all!

Seven years ago, two RMAF jet engines disappeared and ended up in South America. That loss was never fully explained. The Defence Minister in 2007/8 was Najib Tun Razak.
Today, a passenger jet with 239 people on board has also disappeared. The circumstances of each are different but the way in which we handled the situation, and the manner in which our leaders dismissed our concerns, is worrying. It is business as usual after the event.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/opinion/2014/03/28/ground-the-rmaf-over-mh370-fiasco/

Thanks for sharing this. I share the author's sentiments and frustration.

British Airways has apologised for its Escape to the Indian Ocean ad.

British Airways ‏@British_Airways 21h
Our Indian Ocean advert contained pre-scheduled content that we recognise is inappropriate at this time. We're sorry for any offence caused.

OT

Ebola virus outbreak in Guinea with over 60 dead so far.

This is the nastiest scariest deadly disease in the world with no cure. There were 4 brothers that went to 1 persons funeral and they all caught it and are now quaranteened.
It looks to be spreading fast. Hope they can get it under control.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/27/guinea-ebola-idUSL5N0MO51020140327

Sorry to go OT but I was just skimming....again...to see if there had been any new developments, and I came across this post...

I went to see my parents today and I was chatting to them about shows on the tele and how I was watching "the Walking Dead" (we've just started series 2 here) and my father being a typical old man who thinks that if it isn't the news or documentaries then it's rubbish chastised me for watching that carp.....

I said "well you never know dad, it could be realistic, there could be an outbreak of a disease like ebola worldwide and its survival of the fittest"

................and then I read this!!!!!

hopefully they have it well contained!!!:eek::panic::eek:verreaction:

Could you possibly add a bit of table salt, a few fish, and a couple of sharks, and report back in a couple of days?

Thanks

Sure, but will need a bigger bowl!

I wonder if the blue/grey items could be serving trays from the plane.

The new search zone is both closer to western Australia -- and therefore easier for search crews to reach -- and does not have the same harsh weather conditions as the old search location.

Robin Beaman, a marine geologist and research fellow at Australia's James Cook University, said the new information means any debris that has sunk is likely to be in deeper water than previously thought, perhaps about 4,600 meters (15,100 feet) rather than 3,000 meters (9,842 feet).

http://www.auroraadvocate.com/ap ge.../latest-information-on-search-for-missing-jet

Australia is no longer convinced the satellite images that supposedly depicted debris fields in the southern Indian Ocean are bits of floating plane fuselage or flotsam associated with the wreck of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

A senior source close to the search said it had cooled on its belief that a debris field of 122 objects was related to plane wreckage. The source also said that reports a Thai satellite had located a separate debris field of some 300 objects were not being treated as credible by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority or the Australian Transport Safety Bureau.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/sea...-objects-spotted/story-fniztvnf-1226867105992

“We have taken into account drift information as well as the likely entry point of the aircraft into the water,” he said.

The key pieces of information being analysed relate to early positional information from the aircraft and its later polling of the satellite through its aircraft systems, he said.

“The new information is based on continuing analysis of radar data about the aircraft’s movement between the South China Sea and the Straits of Malacca before contact was lost.

“This continuing analysis indicated the plane was travelling faster than previously estimated, resulting in increased fuel usage and reducing the possible distance the aircraft travelled south into the Indian Ocean.

Japan’s Cabinet Satellite Intelligence Centre said their analysis showed 10 objects in the search area, suggesting a debris field.

The objects were up to eight metres in length and four metres wide.

Jiji Press cited an official at the office as saying they were “highly likely’’ to be from the plane.

bbm

Positive news tonight Australian time. Let's hope they are now looking in the right area.

As an update to my mangosteen floating experiment, the little guy has now been happily floating in my bowl of water for 3 and a half days. The water is starting to get discoloured from the purple skin but it is showing no signs of sinking any time soon. The skin is still hard. I confess I didn't go and buy aquarium salt as I have been busy so it's still in the original tap water.

I wonder if the living things in the ocean would eat those?

Thanks

Also, does your mangosteen have a stolen passport and does it show up on both civilian and military radar? [Brain melting]

Five out of 10 aircraft hunting for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 found objects of various colors Friday, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority said. It said it was not clear whether the objects were from the plane, and photos of them would be analyzed overnight.

AMSA said the objects included two that were blue and grey — among the colors of the missing airplane. A Chinese patrol ship in the area will attempt to locate the objects on Saturday, it said

http://www.newser.com/article/22e10...objects-seen-but-not-confirmed-as-debris.html

Great on all the new developments, it really seems like we're finally getting somewhere :)

Journalist on NZ search plane today posts photo of object seen. It's white (or maybe light blue?), man-made, perfectly rectangular, and could be anything:

9FG6aKO.jpg

That's it! :sigh: Hopefully the other planes have more to go on. If they can verify the debris is from the plane that will be a HUGE step in the right direction, but they may never find the black box. :stormingmad:

I've totally reversed my sleep schedule so I'm awake at night to watch for more information. I hope when I wake up this afternoon they'll have some concrete evidence about the plane. :please:

:eek:fftobed: :countsheep:

Also, does your mangosteen have a stolen passport and does it show up on both civilian and military radar? [Brain melting]

No, it's on a skilled migrant visa and is under close radar watch by my kids.

Five out of 10 aircraft hunting for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 found objects of various colors Friday, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority said. It said it was not clear whether the objects were from the plane, and photos of them would be analyzed overnight.

AMSA said the objects included two that were blue and grey — among the colors of the missing airplane. A Chinese patrol ship in the area will attempt to locate the objects on Saturday, it said

http://www.newser.com/article/22e10...objects-seen-but-not-confirmed-as-debris.html

This search has been amazingly hard. Almost as hard as finding a smart person in NJ.

:giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members