Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting in the dark has left me pondering about what I know and what I don't know about this mystery. So I thought I would make a list of things I am fairly sure of or have a strong gut feeling about and things I am not at all sure at this point in time. So here it is.

Fairly sure to as certain as I can be

MH370 was on a flight from KL to Beijing
239 passengers and crew were on flight and all have been identified
The flight ended up somewhere in the Indian Ocean and all souls lost
The Iranians were asylum seekers and not hijackers
The pilot would have been upset at the reversal of Anwar Ibrahim's acquittal
The pilots simulator will not show anything suspicious
Floating wreckage will be located and identified
If someone wanted to cause an international event to put Malaysia under the spotlight, then that has succeeded
The co pilot relationship with his fiancé was good and he was looking forward to getting married
Indian radar was switched off
Malaysian radar was switched on but no one taking any notice
Thailand radar switched on but they didn't contact Malaysia when they saw the unidentified plane

Not at all sure

ACARS was turned off before the good night as I suspect it was after
there was a fire
there was a malfunction of some description
the plane was hijacked
the pilot or co pilot, but I doubt both, went rogue
the supposed ascents and descents occurred
the plane was on autopilot at any stage of its flight after it lost contact
the plane depressurised at any point
all or some of the passengers were alive at the time the plane ran out of fuel
the plane was a ghost plane
the pilot and his wife were estranged but still living under the one roof
the black boxes will be located
what the mumbling and static was that the pilot of the other plane says he heard

Regarding the 11 items spotted, if they could retrieve at least one of them! Spotting these objects is great but seems worthless if none of it can be retrieved. The time spans must be narrowed!

How are they meant to pick them up from an aircraft? Can't exactly hang out the window... The advantage of the aircraft is to get their and spot stuff so the slower travelling ships know where to go and what to look for. Once they get the helicopter(s) out there, then someone could winch down. But until then...

March 30, 2014

THE children of lost Brisbane couple Cathy and Bob Lawton have told for the first time of their horror on finding out their parents’ flight was missing.

A family friend spotted the news online on the morning of the plane’s disappearance three weeks ago and rang daughter Glenda to ask if it was her parents’ flight

It was the start of the family’s nightmare wait for answers for a flight that their mum had had premonitions would go terribly wrong

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/lo...out-flight-mh370/story-fni0fiyv-1226868735011

Very curious to know what kind of bag the "blue bag" that was spotted is.

when I heard that I thought just how did they know it was a bag? they must have been flying pretty low and dh great binoculars!

March 30, 2014

THE children of lost Brisbane couple Cathy and Bob Lawton have told for the first time of their horror on finding out their parents’ flight was missing.

A family friend spotted the news online on the morning of the plane’s disappearance three weeks ago and rang daughter Glenda to ask if it was her parents’ flight

It was the start of the family’s nightmare wait for answers for a flight that their mum had had premonitions would go terribly wrong

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/lo...out-flight-mh370/story-fni0fiyv-1226868735011

Sounds like daughter Jeanette has some good counsellors .....

She said her greatest fear was a suicidal pilot caused the crash, but counsellors had told her to create her “own ending” to the disaster to help her get through it: “For that, I want a peaceful one and for me there’s something that has gone wrong, they’ve all gone to sleep, they know nothing and that’s what I want to live with at the moment.”

Me too. But then my first thought was only one bag? Where's the other 238 bags?

when I heard a blue bag I thought just how did they know it was a bag?
darn it..not bag..but a bag as in Luggage...

Thought I should stop lurking now things are a bit more quiet and join in on here! I was following the forum but couldn't keep up with all the posts though so I've missed out on a lot and just getting information from news reports lately!

I was holding onto hope of the plane landed with survivors, but hope soon the black boxes are located for answers and the families and friends can try to move on as best as they can. :( The whole situation has just been unbelievable.

I am another Aussie, my partner is in the Navy and there have been more Navy ships heading out to search as he got asked if he wanted to go the other day while they were about to head out of Sydney (he is just covering a few days here and there at the moment as he just got back from 6 months deployment!).

Looking forward to being apart of the discussion! :)

P.S I just had to comment on some earlier posts about our lovely accents, LOL. I was always used to the Aussie way of talking and thought American's totally had our accents wrong until I spent 2 months in the States to fly back into Sydney airport and realise how terrible we sound!!! :p

Welcome to Websleuths!

"Even hoping against hope, no matter how remote, of course we are praying and we are continuing our search for possible survivors," said Hishammuddin Hussein, the acting transportation minister.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/29/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The poor families are being thrown on a horrible roller coaster ride! Why tell them now that there might be survivors after earlier this week telling them there weren't? IMO

"Search operation for Malaysia Airlines aircraft: Update 27

Search activities for Saturday have now concluded. Approximately 252,000 square kilometres were searched.

Aircraft in the search area have continued to report sightings of objects similar to those reported on Friday.

A Chinese People’s Liberation Army Air Force Ilyushin IL-76 reported sighting three objects in the search area.

A Royal Australian Air Force P3 Orion also reported sighting multiple objects in a different part of the search area.

The objects sighted by aircraft cannot be verified or discounted as being from MH370 until they are relocated and recovered by ships.

The Haixun 01 and HMAS Success reported they have retrieved a number of objects from the ocean but so far no objects confirmed to be related to MH370 have been recovered."

More at link ...

http://www.amsa.gov.au/media/documents/29032014_MediaRelease_Update27.pdf

The Malaysian Ministers continue to shoot themselves in the foot in public. The posted article said an Interpol check of a passport takes 0.2 seconds. That was in response to one of the Malaysian Ministers telling their Parliament that the reason the Interpol program wasn't used is because it takes too long!

Interpol also said other countries had used the service millions of times over the past year and Malaysia - not once.

It does make one wonder.

At first I thought the Malaysian Ministers were just unsophisticated. And while that may indeed be the case, there does seem to be a bit more going on. No passports ever checked with Interpol? That is quite strange.

I suspect the airline makes a considerable profit with the assistance of the likes of "MR. Ali" JMO

IMHO Australia has high credibility and exudes competence. Intentions are honorable, sharing is done for the good of the recovery efforts, and communications are transparent and forthcoming. When they don't want to share sensitive info, they say so. They don't profess ignorance, thwart efforts and hide important pieces of data. I'm very thankful they are leading these efforts...

There is no comparison to Malaysia.

JMO.

Well said!!

"Search operation for Malaysia Airlines aircraft: Update 27

Search activities for Saturday have now concluded. Approximately 252,000 square kilometres were searched.

Aircraft in the search area have continued to report sightings of objects similar to those reported on Friday.

A Chinese People’s Liberation Army Air Force Ilyushin IL-76 reported sighting three objects in the search area.

A Royal Australian Air Force P3 Orion also reported sighting multiple objects in a different part of the search area.

The objects sighted by aircraft cannot be verified or discounted as being from MH370 until they are relocated and recovered by ships.

The Haixun 01 and HMAS Success reported they have retrieved a number of objects from the ocean but so far no objects confirmed to be related to MH370 have been recovered."

More at link ...

http://www.amsa.gov.au/media/documents/29032014_MediaRelease_Update27.pdf

BBM
sigh..

Sky have just reported that the first items to have been retrieved by ships is not related to MH370....

Regarding the blue bag, my first thought was a garbage bag chucked overboard from a ship.

BBM
sigh..

I don't think that means that the items are definitely not from MH370 .. it just means that they aren't saying a thing until they confirm through testing/inspection/identification that they are or aren't from MH370.

(Our officials tend to be a bit careful like that.)

I don't think they would have gone through the effort to pick the things up if they were obviously just polluting junk.

Supposedly a Chinese ship has some debris they believe to be from the plane. We won't know until they bring it in.

I don't think that means that the items are definitely not from MH370 .. it just means that they aren't saying a thing until they confirm through testing/inspection/identification that they are or aren't from MH370.

(Our officials tend to be a bit careful like that.)

I don't think they would have gone through the effort to pick the things up if they were obviously just polluting junk.

thanks,
I was thinking the same just now..
retrieve the objects and bring them to land for further inspection

Jason Ng ‏@ByJasonNg 34m

Mistrust between U.S. & Malaysian investigators is straining #MH370 probe http://on.wsj.com/1iJtF9N

Not only the US but dozens of countries are spending millions to assist in this search. That the Malaysians should be unwilling to share information with any of the other countries involved is arrogance at it's height. Hundreds of people from many nations are risking their lives daily to search for MH370. I certainly don't think it is asking too much for the Malaysians to provide whatever information they have.

This is JMO.

Xinhua News Agency said that the Chinese military plane Ilyushin IL-76 sighted the objects of white, red and orange colors respectively, from an altitude of 300 yards in the search area for a missing Malaysia Airlines jet.
http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/7049019

The three objects spotted by the Chinese plane Saturday were white, red and orange in color, the Xinhua report said. White and red were among the colors on the outside of the missing Boeing 777.
http://www.financialexpress.com/new...irlines-mh370-plane-in-indian-ocean/1236760/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro