Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I should stop lurking now things are a bit more quiet and join in on here! I was following the forum but couldn't keep up with all the posts though so I've missed out on a lot and just getting information from news reports lately!

I was holding onto hope of the plane landed with survivors, but hope soon the black boxes are located for answers and the families and friends can try to move on as best as they can. :( The whole situation has just been unbelievable.

I am another Aussie, my partner is in the Navy and there have been more Navy ships heading out to search as he got asked if he wanted to go the other day while they were about to head out of Sydney (he is just covering a few days here and there at the moment as he just got back from 6 months deployment!).

Looking forward to being apart of the discussion! :)

P.S I just had to comment on some earlier posts about our lovely accents, LOL. I was always used to the Aussie way of talking and thought American's totally had our accents wrong until I spent 2 months in the States to fly back into Sydney airport and realise how terrible we sound!!! :p

Good morning, Indi!
:wagon:

CNN said they actually pulled the objects from the Ocean??!! YES!!

Malaysia official: Maybe, just maybe, they're alive

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/29/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

Earlier this week, loved ones of those aboard missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 heard this: "All lives are lost."

But Saturday, a Malaysian official met with relatives and then told reporters he had not closed the door on the possibility that survivors may exist among the 239 people aboard the Boeing 777-200 ER that went missing March 8. "Even hoping against hope, no matter how remote, of course we are praying and we will continue our search for the possible survivors," said Hishammuddin Hussein, Malaysia's acting transportation minister.

Malaysia official: Maybe, just maybe, they're alive

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/29/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

Earlier this week, loved ones of those aboard missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 heard this: "All lives are lost."

But Saturday, a Malaysian official met with relatives and then told reporters he had not closed the door on the possibility that survivors may exist among the 239 people aboard the Boeing 777-200 ER that went missing March 8. "Even hoping against hope, no matter how remote, of course we are praying and we will continue our search for the possible survivors," said Hishammuddin Hussein, Malaysia's acting transportation minister.

Thanks, Jerseygirl.
This...is just baffling. Why would the MAL gov't now make THIS announcement?
There MAY be survivors? After they announced that "it ended in the Indian ocean" and "all lives were lost"?

Retweeted by Keir Simmons
NBC News ‏@NBCNews 28m
Ships retrieve 'objects' in missing jet search area; no confirmation that they're related to MH370 http://nbcnews.to/O7ccN7

I wonder how they are going to get the retrieved objects back to Perth for analysis.

If the boats are picking the items up, we already know that it takes about 2-3 days for a boat to get to the area from Perth. I don't think a helicopter can fly all the way back to Perth from a boat. I don't think a plane can land on any of the boats that are out there and pick the items up.

I don't really understand the logistics of how they plan to do this .. not in any quick way. But it may be obvious to someone else?

MH370: Why has CNN not aired its interview with Fariq?
Athi Shankar | March 29, 2014
A local NGO criticises CNN for being biased against Malaysia on its search and rescue efforts to locate flight MH370.
GEORGE TOWN: A local NGO has raised questions on why international broadcasting channel CNN has still not aired an interview with the ill-fated Beijing-bound MAS Flight MH370 co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid.
The Centre for Political Awareness president Huan Cheng Guan said that CNN’s Richard Quest had interviewed Fariq for the CNN Business Traveler programme, on Feb 19, just weeks before the plane’s disappearance.
“A bizarre coincidence? Why has the episode not been aired yet? Is there more than what meets the eye, judging from CNN’s current reporting slant?” asked Huan, in a statement released here today.
He claimed that CNN’s current coverage of the missing MH370 was biased, out to deride Malaysia and to boost profits through higher ratings.
“For CNN, the pursuit for ratings and profits overrides the necessity to report facts,” charged Huan.
In recent years, he pointed out that CNN had lost out to Fox News until the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.
“It is not true journalism whereby reporters advance a story based on researched facts. Who pays the price for CNN’s irresponsible and selfish reports?Malaysia, of course! Have a heart! Consider what everyone is going through,” said Huan.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...y-has-cnn-not-aired-its-interview-with-fariq/

CNN said that they will be showing video of the three objects shortly.

Marking Objects from the Air:

"The process we go through is everybody on board the aircraft will hear the 'mark, mark, mark' call, up the front from the flight station, we'll drop a smoke buoy or flare, which emits smoke for about 45 minutes.

"At the same time the tactical coordinator is going to use a button on the aircraft system that will drop a GPS point. We'll then attempt to maintain visual contact with that object that has been seen and reposition the aircraft to get photographs of it.

"Once we've got photographs of the object we'll be able to send them off for analysis and if there is a vessel in the area... they can recover the object and analyse it from there."

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/in...an-as-extra-ships-head-to-search-area/1287386

"Even hoping against hope, no matter how remote, of course, we are praying and we will continue our search for the possible survivors," said Hishammuddin Hussein, Malaysia's acting transportation minister.
snip

"More than that, I told the families I cannot give them false hope. The best we can do is pray and that we must be sensitive to them that, as long as there is even a remote chance of a survivor, we will pray and do whatever it takes."
snip

"What they want is a commitment on our part to continue the search, and that I have given," Hishammuddin said. "For me, as the minister responsible, this is the hardest part of my life, at the moment," he told reporters.
"Miracles do happen, remote or otherwise, and that is the hope that the families want me to convey -- not only to the Malaysian government, MAS (Malaysia Airlines), but also to the world at large," he said.

Those are the only quotes I see attributed to him.

Marking Objects from the Air:

"The process we go through is everybody on board the aircraft will hear the 'mark, mark, mark' call, up the front from the flight station, we'll drop a smoke buoy or flare, which emits smoke for about 45 minutes.

"At the same time the tactical coordinator is going to use a button on the aircraft system that will drop a GPS point. We'll then attempt to maintain visual contact with that object that has been seen and reposition the aircraft to get photographs of it.

"Once we've got photographs of the object we'll be able to send them off for analysis and if there is a vessel in the area... they can recover the object and analyse it from there."

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/in...an-as-extra-ships-head-to-search-area/1287386

Aahh .. so it sounds as though they are going to do initial analysis on the boat, as well as photo analysis back at base. Presumably they have a qualified expert or two on each boat.

MH370: Why has CNN not aired its interview with Fariq?
Athi Shankar | March 29, 2014
A local NGO criticises CNN for being biased against Malaysia on its search and rescue efforts to locate flight MH370.
GEORGE TOWN: A local NGO has raised questions on why international broadcasting channel CNN has still not aired an interview with the ill-fated Beijing-bound MAS Flight MH370 co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid.
The Centre for Political Awareness president Huan Cheng Guan said that CNN’s Richard Quest had interviewed Fariq for the CNN Business Traveler programme, on Feb 19, just weeks before the plane’s disappearance.
“A bizarre coincidence? Why has the episode not been aired yet? Is there more than what meets the eye, judging from CNN’s current reporting slant?” asked Huan, in a statement released here today.
He claimed that CNN’s current coverage of the missing MH370 was biased, out to deride Malaysia and to boost profits through higher ratings.
“For CNN, the pursuit for ratings and profits overrides the necessity to report facts,” charged Huan.
In recent years, he pointed out that CNN had lost out to Fox News until the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.
“It is not true journalism whereby reporters advance a story based on researched facts. Who pays the price for CNN’s irresponsible and selfish reports?Malaysia, of course! Have a heart! Consider what everyone is going through,” said Huan.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...y-has-cnn-not-aired-its-interview-with-fariq/

This^^^
Is just one reason I do not watch this broadcast of news. jmo idk

Is there any chance that a passenger could have had a waterproof cell phone that was located by GPS through their cell provider as a last known location? I know they can even be turned on remotely now...
Can you imagine if the plane was located due to a lost phone???
Yet they can't find a lost plane for 3 weeks! That plane should be pinging. And the black box should be floating,not on the ocean floor.
moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

BBM ~ The key word here is "should". This is what is not right in this whole investigation, IMO.

What do you guys think about those objects?

Um, I am no expert but they could be just about anything. WTH is that big green object? I wish they would give approx. measurements. It is so hard to gage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme