Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So are these sightings just another lot of red herrings?

Um, I am no expert but they could be just about anything. WTH is that big green object? I wish they would give approx. measurements. It is so hard to gage.

Agree. I really have no idea what the debris would look like but my heart didn't do flips when I saw that footage. :please: this is it though.

this is probably going to be unpopular but...

I don't think that they should be sharing info up to the minute, it takes time to collect and analyze data and their primary concern, doubtless, is narrowing the search and positively identifying objects that can lead to the discovery of the aircraft's current location. The media in this is a nuisance and I believe had caused a lot of the misinformation.

When you look at most aircraft crash investigations its months & years until you get the final answers because it IS such a puzzle. It usually seems that there is a confluence of highly improbable events that when taken alone do not risk the aircraft but when they occur collectively, ultimately bring down the plane. Patience is not a virtue that comes easily to me, so I get it but I sure wish the press would give these guys a chance to come to some cohesive conclusions before urging 'leaks' that end up leading nowhere. JMO, of course.

What do you guys think about those objects?

Hard to tell anything from the video. They didn't look too large to me, though. I hope they pick them up soon, though. The green object, maybe a seat? Aren't the seats different colors?

Had to print screen; could only get the green object

attachment.php

Attachments

• GreenJ.jpg
    GreenJ.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 377

I don't think that they should be sharing info up to the minute, it takes time to collect and analyze data and their primary concern, doubtless, is narrowing the search and positively identifying objects that can lead to the discovery of the aircraft's current location. The media in this is a nuisance and I believe had caused a lot of the misinformation.

When you look at most aircraft crash investigations its months & years until you get the final answers because it IS such a puzzle. It usually seems that there is a confluence of highly improbable events that when taken alone do not risk the aircraft but when they occur collectively, ultimately bring down the plane. Patience is not a virtue that comes easily to me, so I get it but I sure wish the press would give these guys a chance to come to some cohesive conclusions before urging 'leaks' that end up leading nowhere. JMO, of course.

Good morning, GK!:seeya:
I, actually, agree. Lol
However, when the MAL release info, redact it, debunk it and re-release it only to then change it...I don't believe the press is to blame. But I have only had one cappuccino...this thought may soon change:moo:

Oh wow, great thought gngr snap. Or would diapers get soggy and weigh it down? I wonder how long other suitcases would float?

I was just thinking about how some bags are plastic and lined with a thin type of foam... the stuff might.fall out and sink but the bag would float.

I just think of the reports of the 22metre in length. Whatever happen to that? Also, I would imagine there would some foam from the aircraft and bigger objects. Smaller objects would wash up on the Australian shoreline.

OT: Since the 2011 Japan earthquake, a Harley Davidson from Japan was found on an island in here in B.C. It has been donated to the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. :)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/tsunami-motorcycle-heading-to-harley-museum-1.1202117

I wonder how they are going to get the retrieved objects back to Perth for analysis.

If the boats are picking the items up, we already know that it takes about 2-3 days for a boat to get to the area from Perth. I don't think a helicopter can fly all the way back to Perth from a boat. I don't think a plane can land on any of the boats that are out there and pick the items up.

I don't really understand the logistics of how they plan to do this .. not in any quick way. But it may be obvious to someone else?

BBM
That is the answer
The ships crew will pick up the objects and then sail back to Perth.

Ships retrieve possible debris for the first time MARCH 29, 2014
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-ships-retrieve-possible-debris-in-ocean/

Two ships - one Australian and one Chinese - were able to pick up what is described as a number of objects.
---------------------

I like how Aviation expert Geoffrey Thomas describes this search..the most perplexing, baffling and how do you lose a plane for 3 weeks in this day and age and other adjectives..

If releasing info up to the minute was a problem, they probably wouldn't have the media on board? jmo

Full report please, CNN-watchers, I can't watch it here :(

Several objects picked up by ship to be analyzed. Three objects, red, orange and green, spotted by search planes. Nothing to confirm any of the objects related to MH370.

First pilot back today .... didn't find anything. :sigh:

Amy McNeilage, the Sydney Morning Herald tweets: "Unfortunately we didn't find anything"- Russell Adams first pilot back from #MH370 search today pic.twitter.com/kJIlahGYpl

Ummm ... are we a bit hungry for news??

Bj4m2MvCYAAcmB4.jpg:medium

If he did not have duck face, he'd be good looking. :loveyou:

All the microphones look like Asian media. Most of them are probably Chinese. JMO.

Bill Neely ‏@BillNeelyNBC 1h
Australian pilot just back from search for #MH370 says the objects seen y'day by Chinese have been marked with buoys, so ships can find them

When objects are marked with buoys, can't they float away from each other ?

Had to print screen; could only get the green object

Do you think the green object could be something from the cargo area .. something that would make an experienced aircraft person say 'that looks like it is from a plane' ?

Otherwise, why would they even think it was potential debris?

If releasing info up to the minute was a problem, they probably wouldn't have the media on board? jmo

yup, I just don't think they should, that's all. And no it's not ALL the media's fault but can you imagine the pressure to release something? anything? hordes of people on social media claiming all kinds of conspiracies, etc? I don't imagine that MAL is used to being in that kind of glaring spotlight and so may make ill advised releases. That's all I was getting at. I will go have more coffee now, was not intending to offend.

Going back to the issue about finding any of the passengers/crew cell phones, this segment played again on CNN:

"Absolutely, this data is recoverable," according to Gough, co-founder of 4Discovery. "The key is locating the devices and handling them properly by making sure, for example, that any recovered phones remain in a water-based solution that preserves the device's chips and removes mineral deposits," Gough added. "Even if the phone is destroyed, valuable information can be forensically recovered from the devices."

What could be found? Draft text messages that were not able to be transmitted, emails, videos and photos taken by passengers in the moments leading up to the ill-fated flight's disappearance
, according to Gough.

http://www.4discovery.com/

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1819002#ixzz2xMdNxHbN

bbm

yup, I just don't think they should, that's all. And no it's not ALL the media's fault but can you imagine the pressure to release something? anything? hordes of people on social media claiming all kinds of conspiracies, etc? I don't imagine that MAL is used to being in that kind of glaring spotlight and so may make ill advised releases. That's all I was getting at. I will go have more coffee now, was not intending to offend.

Unfortunately, conspiracies follow every event.

You certainly didn't offend me. :)

btw I love your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members