Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T. 8.0 Earthquake in Chile. Tsunami warnings for Chile, Peru and Ecador

Poof there gone! Hi guys!

It is always good when one is losing ones mind to ask for help! Well, I wrote this just as it came thro my little Flt 370 exhausted mind! Can someone tell me how the followoing locgic is illilogical! TIA!!!!!

When I saw the pilot going through security the first time that day i thought god horrible quality, what major airport does not have time stamped CCTV? Oh well-

Later that day I saw this tribute video. Again a whole bunch of mistruths. The video of him going through security was taken by a family member (like a daddy going to work thing).

This was uploaded on the 12th. Rule out 8-9 cause of the madness in the first 24 hours.

It makes no sense at all that within 2 days whoever wanted to make the tribute video went to airport officals and said I am making a tribute video would you search your videos and find when my daddy went through securtity and copy it for me. Sure right away.

No way does a civilian have access to airport security tapes at a point in time when the biggest terrorist story is breaking

hockey pookey!
Fellow slueths I am tough pls outline any holes in the above thought process!!! UGH

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi8DIaqBnW4"]Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah - YouTube[/ame]

Airport security CCTV cameras usually don't have sound, at least none that have ever been released (in prior criminal cases).

The sound here occurred when the clip was re-recorded off a monitor later. No, the same thing is not repeated to both pilots. It's clearly random talking that is not synched up to the image at all.

Media outlets released a slightly better version of the video without the unrelated sound included: LINK.

In the better video, you can clearly see the lights above the walk-through X-Ray illuminate when BOTH the pilot AND co-pilot go through. The lights must illuminate in that manner as each passenger steps through.

The CCTV video provides no evidence either pilot was up to anything unusual.

While Malaysia Airlines is owned by Malaysia, I would imagine that it operates much like Canada Post, or the USPS - they are technically owned by their parent country, but operate as a stand-alone entity.

When it comes to catastrophic financial losses like those that might arise from this situation, the autonomy is less important, but when it comes to day-to-day operations, it’s an important distinction.

I think there are some important distinctions, but look at the head of the Airline and such... I don't think the head of the USPS was related to two past Prime Ministers and looking at a run himself or herself. Malaysia is no where near as democratic as Canada or the US.

My counter-argument is that it's not coincidence but boring routine on an international flight from a poor country to find: fake passport-holding immigrants, ATC/pilots garbling flight numbers, pilots who like simulator games, pilots who sign off with some form of "good night", and, to top it off, a crummy police force who bungles information releases, PR, photo-copying, etc.

I still think the plane was most likely diverted somewhere on purpose.

But I think so based on the radar, satellite and transponder/ACARS evidence, not based on information from the ground, which so far is a whole lot of nothing.

:bigfight:

BBM then we agree on something! Excellent!

BBM~ I have been thinking the Malaysian government has never encountered an event such as this. Perhaps to them "Alright, goodnight", is the same as the new translation of “good night Malaysian three seven zero.” ?

This is so messed up. :facepalm:

I agree with the so messed up part. Totally.

I don't think this was a mistranslation or misunderstanding. We can see the Malaysian officals who speak are pretty good at English. The pilots must have known English. In fact I read somewhere that English is the universal "pilot language"? Does anyone know if the communication b/w 370 and the various ATC in the transcript was in English or Malaysian? Anyway, once communication was handed over to Vietnam, it would have had to have been in English b/c of the language difference, but unfortunately the plane never made it that far.

I'm sure they said "good night" in English. There is no way to add 'alright' in any kind of translation of 'good night Malaysian three seven zero'? JMO. They know what "good night" means. And they know what "Malasian three seven zero" means. And plus they took of the "Malaysian three seven zero" part, too. What I'm saying is that I am certain it's not any mistranslation or misunderstanding.

JMO.

It's just strange.

Three and a half weeks after Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 vanished from the sky, the world is still waiting to find out what happened. Searching millions of square miles for broken plane parts is, of course, no simple task, but it’s only been complicated by the Keystone Cops routine put on by the Malaysian government. Upon news that officials couldn’t even correctly quote the four words uttered by the co-pilot before all communication with MH370 was lost, here’s a timeline of Malaysia’s mistakes since the plane disappeared.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/04/malaysian-governments-many-mh370-screw-ups.html

and 8 is big

Airport security CCTV cameras usually don't have sound, at least none that have ever been released (in prior criminal cases).

The sound here occurred when the clip was re-recorded off a monitor later. No, the same thing is not repeated to both pilots. It's clearly random talking that is not synched up to the image at all.

Media outlets released a slightly better version of the video without the unrelated sound included: LINK.

In the better video, you can clearly see the lights above the walk-through X-Ray illuminate when BOTH the pilot AND co-pilot go through. The lights must illuminate in that manner as each passenger steps through.

The CCTV video provides no evidence either pilot was up to anything unusual.

O/T. 8.0 Earthquake in Chile. Tsunami warnings for Chile, Peru and Ecador

Jmo, the plane is in the ocean. How it got there and if it was meant to end up there, or be stolen, etc...who knows. But I do think it is there.

I think a few countries did pick it up (Vietnam - but is that considered in the Indian Ocean?), but then it flew into the middle of the ocean which no one monitors.

Diago Garcia should be monitoring it.

The mistranslation comes from the transcript being translated into Mandarin Chinese and then someone releasing the Mandarin version without authority and translated it into English. From what we know Malaysia had nothing to do with translating it from Chinese into English and that is why there is a mistake. Apparently it was not Malaysia's mistake because they never released the transcript to the media in the first place. jmo

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...daughter-says-uk-tabloid-made-up-mh370-report

This is what I suspected. I thought it was very strange how they managed to get these detailed quotes, attributed to his children, from their unnamed sources.

JMO.

I've been complaining about them for eons. Their made-up quotes are SO obvious ... especially when their supposed quotes contain British-only phrases.

For example, they will quote an American as using words like boot (trunk), lift (elevator), and loo (bathroom) etc.

There are many tabloids that fabricate stories but attributing direct (fake) quotes to victims goes beyond the pale IMO.

I've wondered a lot about this. Does anyone know the technical/scientific explanation for why or why not it could be another plane and not MH370?

I assume because 1) no other planes are missing 2) we have no data that MH370 went anywhere else and 3) I don't know how exact the coordinates are, but if we know where it left off, there couldn't have been another plane right in its path, and if they were very close to another plane, in such a remote area that seems so unlikely - the other plane would probably have reported something.

And that in itself has me going hmmmmmm, if this plane ended up in the deep southern Indian Ocean, was heading there deliberate, knowing that no one monitors this area, and the likelihood of finding the plane and black box would be extremely difficult..

Once again though, the same question.........if deliberate why????

I agree that this plane ended up in the worst possible place for searchers - either very bad luck or intentional. Sometimes things do disappear nondeliberately, though - there are some mysteries still unsolved or that took a very long time due to the unfortunate location. If deliberate, I can't think of a reason other than pilot suicide due to either personal reasons or anger at the airline - I see no reason why anyone would do it to make a political statement.

I've been complaining about them for eons. Their made-up quotes are SO obvious ... especially when their supposed quotes contain British-only phrases.

For example, they will quote an American as using words like boot (trunk), lift (elevator), and loo (bathroom) etc.

There are many tabloids that fabricate stories but attributing direct (fake) quotes to victims goes beyond the pale IMO.

It drives me crazy that the British press does this. It's acceptable for them to directly quote someone using a different dialect. Sometimes they have a real interview, but they rewrite it with British slang. I get you want to make it understandable to your audience, but don't directly quote it! The U.S. press makes up quotes all the time, but it quotes supposed sources - it doesn't directly quote the alleged speaker.

...[my edit, respectfully]...
Early on, Malaysia sent planes and assets to Kazakhstan, who agreed to base the northern part of the search. If Inmarsat's prior analysis is mis-stated, and the northern path cannot be discounted, more assets ought to be moved to search it. Large parts of the northern path (China/Kazakhstan) CAN be searched. Much could be done through partnerships and diplomatic requests rather than war. Since the search expanded in the south, as far as we know, nothing has been being done in the north at all. Nothing.

I can only speak about things that have been declassified or are obvious enough that it may as well be. Lots has been declassified, so that's why folks can hear this sort of thing at all. Most (not all) of the possibilities in the Northern possible flight path are much better monitored for planes. I'm not talking about whether India turned their island radar on or not; this watching is done by who all you'd expect would do it. China is one of those you should expect, keep in mind ;) Others to be expected in that are searching their butts off down south, as is China.

Also, parts of the southern area are being monitored, just not for planes typically (or not for planes at all?). Could they use their data like Inmarsat did? Possibly so.

Folks can't just come out and say some of the reasons regarding secret security that they know the southern path is more likely. I can give ages-old examples, from the 60's and 70's, but even then for most of them, it's just because the suspicions are publicly available. I'd have to look up some blog that suspected what was real and link to there, for instance.

But basically, folks just can't explain what is out there (what countries would know), because it's secret. Maybe some media should take a poll of military folks from certain countries and ask which corridor they think it must be. I'm pretty sure they'd say the Southern, depending on what they did in the military ;)

I apologize for the non-answer, btw. I know it sounds like conspiracy or Hollywood stuff, but it's not. I'm just from an extended military family that liked[es] making or managing things that were secret :) The nerdy science types whose backgrounds are always boring and perfect for the job, lol. They don't go around blogging or posting about what is still secret. You just don't do that.

Heard something about this a while ago - playing around with the earthquake and hit this and and course I must share with you all.

Also thanx to WS someone here turned me on to SKY news and the play news internet deal - love it !

The University of Science and Technology of China has announced a possible location for the crash site of Malaysia Airlines flight MH 370 based on two seismic recordings (stations *advertiser censored* and IPM of the Malaysia National Seismic Network; see map). The proposed site is in the Gulf of Thailand (orange hexagon on map).
The time of the event reported by the Chinese was 2:55 AM (on 3/8/2014, which equates to 18:55 UTC time on 3/7/2014).
U.S. Geological Survey analysts at the National Earthquake Information Center in Golden, Colo., reviewed this analysis and have a different conclusion.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/usc000nb9b?#summary

:loveyou:

"Mr Abbott said: "I'm certainly not putting a time limit on it. ... We can keep searching for quite some time to come.

"We owe it to the families, we owe it to everyone that travels by air. We owe it to the anxious governments of the countries who had people on that aircraft. We owe it to the wider world which has been transfixed by this mystery for three weeks now.

"If this mystery is solvable, we will solve it."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...it-were-not-all-right-good-night-9227367.html
Mary Schiavo was on CNN tonight and said, paraphrased, that it is unfortunate the Australians weren't involved from the beginning.

Agree!

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members