Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Malaysian Flight 370 was last detected flying over a small island hundreds of miles from the flight's usual route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, according to a senior Malaysian Air Force official. The official declined to be named because he is not authorized to speak to the media.

If the new data is correct, the aircraft was flying in the opposite direction from its scheduled destination and was on the opposite side of the Malay Peninsula from its scheduled route. Previous accounts had the aircraft losing touch with air traffic control near the coast of Vietnam.

Get complete coverage of breaking news on CNN TV, CNN.com and CNN Mobile.

(Rec'd in my email via CNN alerts...passing it along)

Thanks, Kim. I have CNN's live coverage on now. Others here are tuned in, too.

I wonder how long they've had this information? :waitasec:

CNN now saying that it could be a power failure that caused the transponder to go off. The plane could fly around an hour without power, which is around the time the plane went off radar.
That might explain the plane turning around? Trying to get back since it was only an hour into the flight?

CNN now saying that it could be a power failure that caused the transponder to go off. The plane could fly around an hour without power, which is around the time the plane went off radar.

Why wouldn't they land at the closest airport if that happened...
And cell phones would work once they were back over land, why didn't they contact anyone?

If this IS what happened then the pilots didn't do what they should have.
I find that hard to believe with the experience this pilot had... but anything is possible. :twocents:

In that case why would the plane not make an emergency landing (or at least an attempt at one). They were near land and airports...doesn't make much sense to me but I'm not an expert!

Why was this plane heading towards Malacca Strait? And why was it picked up on military only?! That's way off course!

Sorry if this has been answered. I'm catching up quickly at work and I'm on my phone. Didn't read every post yet.

I suppose almost all the passengers were fast asleep except for ones like me who can never fall asleep on a plane. Had it been daylight I am sure the turn around would have alerted savy passengers to question what was going on. Maybe I will rethink red eye flights from now on.:scared:

I suppose almost all the passengers were fast asleep except for ones like me who can never fall asleep on a plane. Had it been daylight I am sure the turn around would have alerted savy passengers to question what was going on. Maybe I will rethink red eye flights from now on.:scared:

I never sleep on planes, even when on the flat beds in business class. I know many who don't either so there would be some people who were awake...maybe they didn't realize the plane turned around? There are so many unknowns i.e. everything? that we can't even try to make a reasonable assumption of what might have happened.

Why wouldn't they land at the closest airport if that happened...
And cell phones would work once they were back over land, why didn't they contact anyone?

If this IS what happened then the pilots didn't do what they should have.
I find that hard to believe with the experience this pilot had... but anything is possible. :twocents:

Retweeted by Jon Ostrower
Thom Patterson ‏@thompatterson 1h
NO IN-FLIGHT SVS: Malaysia Airlines' ISP AeroMobile tells CNN's @aaroncooperdc that #MH370 "was never fitted with the AeroMoible service.”

https://twitter.com/jonostrower

Interesting speculation: The passengers whose tickets were purchased by the Iranian man may have unwittingly carried something onboard in exchange for him buying their tickets :eek:

If the transponder was only off for an hour, wouldn't ATC have been able to track the plane after power was restored? Why was military radar only able to pick up a signal? If the pilot or co-pilot were not incapacitated, then surely they would have checked in with ATC to say they were fine. But even if they were incapacitated, after that hour, the transponder should have turned back on, putting the plane back on radar.

Oi vey. It seems the more news there is, the more questions I have!

If the military radar report is correct, sounds more and more like something happened with/to the pilot and co pilot

It's 40 minutes into the flight! You're still waiting for your sprite and peanuts. I really think passengers would have been able to use their cell phones once they passed over land....

Those poor families...the video of them demanding answers from the airline....the tone of their anguish is heart breaking.... just on CNN

Sorry, just venting. :blushing:

Watching CNN: a very senior air force man reports the plane flew way off course (paraphrasing), but his name cannot be released because he is not authorized to speak.

This kind of stuff makes me nuts! How long was this information known? Has search really been in wrong area for 3 days? If I were a family member of someone on the plane I would be in a rage over this!

CNN said it really just sounds like someone just had to have taken control of that plane and flown it in that direction. We just don't know who and why.

It seems confirmed that the military radar picked up this plane flying over the Malacca Strait. If so, and if the plane crashed from a very low altitude, the chance for survivors greatly increased. If that's the case, I hope it's not too late - for at least one or two folks. (Slim chance, I know.)

Their chances were a lot better on Saturday...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Why did they keep this a secret for 4 days? They've know from the start....:banghead:

And this is the reason families are losing it! This is just sickening. Who knew this and did not report it!

I just really hope this wasn't deliberate on the part of the pilot/co-pilot, for their family's sake.

And this is the reason families are losing it! This is just sickening. Who knew this and did not report it!

I know!!! I'm totally outraged and might need to give myself a time-out....Geez Louise...

Thanks, Kim. I have CNN's live coverage on now. Others here are tuned in, too.

I wonder how long they've had this information? :waitasec:

bbm

Malaysia switched their search area early on but never said why. I bet all those countries who sent ships/planes to search in the South China Sea would love to have saved that time/money. :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy