Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the presser still scheduled for 11pm Eastern time?

Kind of freaky that they've done business with the Binladen's.

Osama bin Laden had 53 siblings (obviously mostly half-siblings, through his father). It's really not as shocking as it sounds - there are tons of them, and they are known for their business operations. A lot of people have worked with them. If Wikipedia is right, "The financial interests of the bin Laden family are represented by the Saudi Binladin Group, a global oil and equity management conglomerate grossing $2 billion US annually, and the largest construction firm in the world, with offices in London, Dubai, and Geneva."

The largest construction firm in the world - did not know that - so a lot of people have probably worked with them who have absolutely no connection to Osama Bin Laden.

Kind of freaky that they've done business with the Binladen's.

FWIW, not ALL the bin Laden's are unsavory characters.
Just because Osama was a terrorist, doesn't mean all bin Laden's were.
In fact, his father wasn't a terrorist and actually disowned Osama when he found out he was part of a terrorist organization. His father was heavy into the oil and gas industry, hence his business relations with the Bush family.

I learned a few things about the bin Laden's through reading a fair bit of Osama's biography and "fun facts" that were in the paper after his death.

Kate Smithers ‏@katesmithers7 2m

Just some of the media getting ready for an Angus Houston press conference in Perth @7newsperth #mh370 pic.twitter.com/fN2o0GsB63

Kates a 7 News reporter Perth

Osama bin Laden had 53 siblings (obviously mostly half-siblings, through his father). It's really not as shocking as it sounds - there are tons of them, and they are known for their business operations. A lot of people have worked with them. If Wikipedia is right, "The financial interests of the bin Laden family are represented by the Saudi Binladin Group, a global oil and equity management conglomerate grossing $2 billion US annually, and the largest construction firm in the world, with offices in London, Dubai, and Geneva."

The largest construction firm in the world - did not know that - so a lot of people have probably worked with them who have absolutely no connection to Osama Bin Laden.

Exactly.
One terroristic family member does not make all of them terrorists.
The bin Laden's are a huge family. Just because FS has done business with them does not mean they did business with Osama or ever met him.

Exactly.
One terroristic family member does not make all of them terrorists.
The bin Laden's are a huge family. Just because FS has done business with them does not mean they did business with Osama or ever met him.

OT, but I wonder if Osama even met all his siblings. I think I read he didn't at one point.

Interesting that the Australians are beginning an underwater search operation with the US equipment. I wonder if this is based on some specific info or is it a situation of "we have the equipment, we might as well put it in the water to listen."

Love listening to Angus Houston. Very professional, confident, knowledgable and seems to have a sense of compassion. Australia, you should be proud. Bless your Nation.

Love listening to Angus Houston. Very professional, confident, knowledgable and seems to have a sense of compassion. Australia, you should be proud. Bless your Nation.

ITA A perfect balance of compassion and professionalism. :twocents:

Was there any news at the 11 PM PC?
What was the "BIG NEWS"?

TIA!

*I watched Vikings instead...shhhh*

Underwater search commenced. Search area shifting, as is the norm.
Unless I missed something BIG

Shifting ? Is that new way to say moving?

Shifting would 200 miles or to a whole different 2,200 mile search area?

Underwater search commenced. Search area shifting, as is the norm.
Unless I missed something BIG

OMG was that the BIG news???? :banghead::banghead::banghead: I am LOSING MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!! :scared::scared:

Why was this BIG news? What was so BIG about it?

Underwater search commenced....that is good....but basically we all know they are working off of a plan of find-the-target-through-elimination. Underwater search is going to be of no use if they're searching in the wrong area. They will only find the plane underwater in the place that the plane is!! The use it has is crossing off areas searched, eliminating those areas. Allowing them to move on to new search areas.

I agree Momoffourboys...am I missing something too???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren