Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how many additional "laps" the Ocean Shield has done since the one where they heard the 15-min. pings?

this link doesnt say how many laps but it does explain how its done and the time it takes per leg

The focus is on trying to re-acquire the acoustic signal that they had 24 hours ago. In terms of area, by the end of tomorrow when they've completed their runs, they expect to have a three by three mile box searched. So, it is quite a small area that will be searched very thoroughly but it is a very small area and it gives, I hope, some sense of the challenges that they're facing out there.

Keep in mind each of the runs that they conduct, is around seven miles long with the turn at the end and it takes quite some time—around seven to eight hours to do each leg and to do the turn at the end. They need to steady on the new course and allow the Towed Pinger Locator to complete the turn and settle down so it is a very, very slow and painstaking process.

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/interviews/2014/april/tr007.aspx

Off topic, but you may want to take their word for it, as your homeowners insurance probably doesn't cover flood damage, but may cover a "non-related" pipe breaking.... Just hoping for the best:seeya:

I absolutely agree, but my house is pier and beam and the pipe is under the house so there was no damage inside. No damage outside except probably going to have a roaring water bill. jmo

I hope Richard Quest in on one of the programs tonight.

You guys remember when MAl finally admitted that it went west and those graphics were totally across their whole country. WIth this new path that would have to be just a total flat out lie no? Plane cant be in two places!

They claimed military radar - well if their military radar is that off close it down!!

You guys remember when MAl finally admitted that it went west and those graphics were totally across their whole country. WIth this new path that would have to be just a total flat out lie no? Plane cant be in two places!

They claimed military radar - well if their military radar is that off close it down!!

I think the analysts are saying that it went west and then south-east.

Richard is on right now. fyi

I noticed now it had the caption under him "international business correspondent" or something like that, and other times it has "aviation expert"....LOL! He must be a jack of all trades. I still don't know what he really does. Oh yea, I have also seen "pilot" in a caption, too!

I noticed now it had the caption under him "international business correspondent" or something like that, and other times it has "aviation expert"....LOL! He must be a jack of all trades. I still don't know what he really does. Oh yea, I have also seen "pilot" in a caption, too!

Not sure either, but I think I have seen pilot and I was thinking he was involved in the recovery of other crashes. I do like him especially when he laughs at the stupid questions he gets asked. He doesn't hold back does he. jmo

I don't even bother with TV news now...just come here instead.

Anyway,wonder why they can't make a battery with longer life...

I have heard on earlier news shows that the NTSB lab in Washington is the most sophisticated for analyzing the recorders. I assume Honeywell has good abilities as well. But since the recorder belongs to MAL, I assume they get to decide where to send it.

just saw that in an investigation documentary this week. First it goes to ntsb (if occurs in states) then if damaged to honeywell.

And releasing those just shows their regard for our intelligence. None!! jmo

They may have wanted the world to think they were less than bright! Not!

If this was a book no one would believe it as even plausibly happening ...and say lousy fiction writer .

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

CARIIS which map are you speaking of?
could you, or anyone else who knows which map is being spoken of, post the map or provide a link? I'd like to see it...TY!

If this was a book no one would believe it as even plausibly happening ...and say lousy fiction writer .

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Might be a good book because the ending is not predictable. This is truly a mystery. jmo

Not sure either, but I think I have seen pilot and I was thinking he was involved in the recovery of other crashes. I do like him especially when he laughs at the stupid questions he gets asked. He doesn't hold back does he. jmo

:floorlaugh: Yeah, that's why I like him too....he tells it like it is.

He's not involved in the recovery of other crashes. There are some other guys on that are involved with that.

The first time I see him on covering MH370, I could have sworn he was always the guy who did the British "Royals" news on CNN. Did anyone else notice that?? He used to talk about Princess Diana, etc.. I was so sure!! But then when he was referred to as all these other things, I was not sure anymore.

IF the battery has not run out, I have NO DOUBT that Ocean Shield will find it. The question is - has the battery run out??? I am just amazed that one day they can hear it for 2 hours, and the next day nothing. Unfortunately, that sounds to me like the box stopped transmitting the signal. I am trying to stay positive though.......

I think the battery has died :(
Hoping they can still find the plane/black boxes :please:

Hi guys !

~ respectfully snipped ~

He is one of the mist respected of NTSB amazing group:
Should MH370’s wreckage be found and along with it the Flight Data Recorder and Cockpit Voice Recorder, the question remains of what useful data will be retrieved. We noted previously that the FDR has 25 hours of recording capability but the CVR has only two before its data is overwritten. There has also been concern that these were disabled before or shortly after the event began.
Two 777 pilots we talked to believe it’s not possible to disable the recorders from the cockpit, unlike earlier Boeing airplanes (Boeing declined comment). Feith said that disabling the FDR would require a pilot to go into the electronics bay, with access only through a hatch in the passenger cabin near the cockpit. It is possible to pull the circuit breaker on the CVR in the cockpit, he said.

Since access to the electronics bay is via the passenger cabin where anyone could see this, we asked Feith how this could be accomplished. Noting that he doesn’t normally engage in speculation, Feith provided this hypothesis:
“The pilot could have ‘dumped the cabin’ and induced hypoxia, and could have gone into the bay to disable” the recorder while on his walk-around oxygen, Feith said. Nonetheless, all data retained up to any disabling would be available for analysis and this could yield useful information from which to draw certain conclusions.
http://leehamnews.com/2014/03/31/mh370-wreckage-probable-cause-may-never-be-found-says-ex-ntsb-investigator/#more-11798

BBM's ~ It seems like Boeing never has a comment. :rolleyes:

Yes, it is possible "The pilot could have ‘dumped the cabin’", but I don't feel the pilots are involved, and possibly someone else caused hypoxia.

JMO.

Wouldn't it be a crock if the only predictable actually happened? What are the chances of that it would actually go dead on the exact 30 days? This whole thing seems doomed. Getting very discouraged and feeling very sorry for the poor families. jmo

BBM~ It was mentioned the black box battery was due for service/maintenance in June?

Maybe the battery will last longer. Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove