Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the flight voice recorder only records the last two hours, what if there is nothing but the background noise of the plane on them?

Experts have said even if it's just ambient sound they can still learn from that..
The sounds of the engines
The sound once it makes impact
Any sound coming from the plane
Any alarms or buzzers going off in the cockpit or cabin

This is a good read.

Exclusive: Malaysia starts investigating confused initial response to missing jet

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/11/us-malaysia-airplane-investigation-idUSBREA3A0NS20140411

PLANE TRACKED IN REAL TIME?

Top military officials have publicly said Malaysia's U.S. and Russian-made fighter jets stationed at air force bases in Penang and the east coast state of Kuantan were not scrambled to intercept the plane because it was not viewed as "hostile".

They said if the military jets would have been scrambled, as they were from a Greek air force base in 2005 when a Helios Airways jet with 121 people on board lost contact over the Aegean Sea after suffering a decompression that knocked out the pilots.

Two F-16 jets could see the captain's seat empty and the first officer slumped over the controls. The plane crashed in Greece after running out of fuel.

Read more: MH370 Tragedy: M'sia investigating confused initial response to missing jet - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...esponse-to-missing-jet-1.561917#ixzz2ycwei7ZD

Does NTSB investigate also? Or are they more involved with the crash part of it. TIA.

Although the NTSB is involved, I believe the Malaysians want to work instead with the UK's Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) as they have been with Inmarsat:

As a manufacturer of the engines of the MH 370 Boeing, the UK is assisting Malaysia in the investigation, which is normal procedure after an accident. Their main tasks are to cooperate with the Malaysian side and follow up the overall progress of the investigation.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/98649/8578276.html

Although the NTSB is involved, I believe the Malaysians want to work instead with the UK's Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) as they have been with Inmarsat:

As a manufacturer of the engines of the MH 370 Boeing, the UK is assisting Malaysia in the investigation, which is normal procedure after an accident. Their main tasks are to cooperate with the Malaysian side and follow up the overall progress of the investigation.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/98649/8578276.html

BBM ~ :eek: Good luck cooperating with the Malaysians.

It seems to be the focus today...

BBM ~ :eek: Good luck cooperating with the Malaysians.

It seems to be the focus today...

The Malaysians are all "buddy buddy" with the Australians and the British.

I'm sure the Malaysians want nothing more than to blame the US. :moo:

This is a good read.

Exclusive: Malaysia starts investigating confused initial response to missing jet

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/11/us-malaysia-airplane-investigation-idUSBREA3A0NS20140411

PLANE TRACKED IN REAL TIME?

Top military officials have publicly said Malaysia's U.S. and Russian-made fighter jets stationed at air force bases in Penang and the east coast state of Kuantan were not scrambled to intercept the plane because it was not viewed as "hostile".

BBM ~ I'ved read this before and had to give my head a shake as I thought all radar interceptions were hostile post 9/11. I guess not. Since apparently it worked.

BBM ~ I'ved read this before and had to give my head a shake as I thought all radar interceptions were hostile post 9/11. I guess not. Since apparently it worked.

WE can not expect that the security measure(s) that have been put in place post 9/11 to protect the U.S, Canada ( and its ally nations) and North American air space (and sea) has also been done in other countries around the world..

O/T NORAD was set up as an aerospace warning and defense for North America but since 9/11 that has expanded to include the interior airspace of North America.

Black box flight recorders
The ATSB’s central office in Canberra includes an audio laboratory and an FDR laboratory. ATSB investigators use these laboratories to perform CVR (Cockpit Voice Recorder) and FDR (Flight Data Recorder) readouts for occurrences in Australia and overseas.

Australia is one of a few countries in the Asia-Pacific region to possess these types of labs. The ATSB offers its services and expertise to international investigators. In the past, the ATSB has assisted regional neighbours such as New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan and Bangladesh with investigation readouts.

In addition to its recorder readout capability, the ATSB has advanced computer graphics software which allows data obtained from all available sources to be combined to create a graphical reconstruction or animation of an accident or incident.

http://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/2014/black-box-flight-recorders.aspx

It could be that the black boxes (if recovered) would remain in Australia for investigation. The ATSB has highly technical facilities in our nation's capital, Canberra.

This would be good news IMO, as Australia would liaise with the relevant parties about the findings, and may even include those other parties in the black box investigation for diplomatic reasons.

todays search

Joint Agency Coordination Centre

Media Release
12 April 2014—am

Up to nine military aircraft, one civil aircraft and 14 ships will assist in today's search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

Today the Australian Maritime Safety Authority has planned a visual search area totalling approximately 41,393 square kilometres. The centre of the search areas lies approximately 2331 kilometres north west of Perth.

Today, Australian Defence Vessel Ocean Shield continues more focused sweeps with the Towed Pinger Locator to try and locate further signals related to the aircraft's black boxes. The AP-3C Orions continue their acoustic search, working in conjunction with Ocean Shield. The oceanographic ship HMS Echo is also working in the area with Ocean Shield. This work continues in an effort to narrow the underwater search area for when the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle is deployed. There have been no confirmed acoustic detections over the past 24 hours.

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/april/mr019.aspx

WE can not expect that the security measure(s) that have been put in place post 9/11 to protect the U.S, Canada (its ally nations) and North American air space (and sea) has also been done in other countries around the world..

You are right. I can assure you that they have probably not been done everywhere else. For example, I have yet to experience anywhere else the photograph and fingerprint-scan taking that I have experienced when entering or passing internationally through a US airport, since 9/11.

Even when we stopped very briefly in the Hawaiian airport, on our way to Canada from Australia (no other stops), everyone on the plane was photographed and fingerprint-scanned by Homeland Security, and we were not even leaving the airport. We were in transit. We were not 'landing' in a US state.

To me, that would mean that everyone died pretty early on and the plane flew until it ran out of fuel. Hopefully there will be something helpful on them, though!
:please:

I'm pretty sure they believe that it did fly til it ran out of fuel.

Experts have said even if it's just ambient sound they can still learn from that..
The sounds of the engines
The sound once it makes impact
Any sound coming from the plane
Any alarms or buzzers going off in the cockpit or cabin

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

Snipped for space.
Traveling on stolen passports is not uncommon in that part of the world. I'm not surprised they got through.

I guess it's b/c the people checking the passports aren't taught to use common sense or think about what they're doing. All they do is check to see if passport looks forI ged, check picture against person - I guess that's it!

I caught two things already with the two Iranians which would have raised flags - one, their names don't match their looks. Second, they are not wearing European-style clothing. If you look at their clothes, it looks very obcviously made in a Middle-Eastern/South Asian country. They do not look like clothes sold in Europe. If they were really European citizens, they would be wearing European-style and Europea-quality clothing, esp. on the way back to their "home" country. And there is no way in the world they are going to be shopping for clothes in the countries they are visiting, because the quality of the clothing is much inferior to European or U.S. quality of clothing.

JMO.

Both those guys look like they could be European to me - I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Airports probably see so many people each day with names that don't seem to match that it rarely arouses suspicion. People with names typically attributed to different genders, etc.

I disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member