Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right. I can assure you that they have probably not been done everywhere else. For example, I have yet to experience anywhere else the photograph and fingerprint-scan taking that I have experienced when entering or passing internationally through a US airport, since 9/11.

We have that at major Canadian airports..BUT we have US Pre-Clearance facilities

If you fly from Canada to the US (or the few other countries that have US Pre-clearance facilities) you will be photographed and have your fingerprints digitally taken by a scanner and go thru US Customs and Border control before you get on the plane bound for the US.

JMO
I have a bad feeling that after all the other countries do the hard costly work of recovering the black boxes that Malasia will get possession of them and we will never hear the truth of what was on them. They will supposedly hire some "experts" of their own choosing who will be sworn to secrecy.

ITA with this. I am also afraid of this. Although, now that the plane is very likely where it's thought to be, I think Australia would have a vested interest to find out what happened with this plane, as sometimes it does seem on the maps as thought the plane was flying straight towards Australia until it ran out of fuel.

So IMO, Australia is not going to let this get by w/o them knowing what happened to MH370.

JMO.

We have that at major Canadian airports..BUT we have US Pre-Clearance facilities

If you fly from Canada to the US (or the few other countries that have US Pre-clearance facilities) you will be photographed and have your fingerprints digitally taken by a scanner and go thru US Customs and Border control before you get on the plane bound for the US.

I've never had to have my fingerprints or photograph taken when I've flown out of Canada to the US. After I check in and check my bags, I go through US Customs only. I've flown out of Calgary International and Toronto International airports.

Maybe it's a random selection type thing?

IMO, there is no way Malaysia just takes the black boxes, says thank you very much, and goes home. This is a huge costly effort with the results vital to the future of huge companies, etc.

JMO

Although the NTSB is involved, I believe the Malaysians want to work instead with the UK's Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) as they have been with Inmarsat:

As a manufacturer of the engines of the MH 370 Boeing, the UK is assisting Malaysia in the investigation, which is normal procedure after an accident. Their main tasks are to cooperate with the Malaysian side and follow up the overall progress of the investigation.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/98649/8578276.html

I think there is tension.

In an opinion piece last Sunday, the Malay broadsheet’s assistant news editor Ku Seman Ku Hussein aired a belief among conspiracy theorists that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) was to blame for the missing jetliner, fuelling debate on the Umno-led federal government’s role in the aviation industry’s biggest mystery to date.

“He was implying that the CIA might have a hand in MH370,” Segambut MP Lim Lip Eng said, referring to Ku Seman.

“But until now the Malaysian government, the authorities, especially Hishammuddin, have said nothing. So I want Hishammuddin to respond to this assertion by Utusan,” he told reporters at the DAP headquarters here.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...-theory-on-mh370-to-rest#sthash.E5tg8hzJ.dpuf

IMO, there is no way Malaysia just takes the black boxes, says thank you very much, and goes home. This is a huge costly effort with the results vital to the future of huge companies, etc.

JMO

Namely Boeing who built the plane. No way are they going to stand silent.

MOO

It's funny you sat that because my ex was Iranian (or Persian as like to be called) and where ever we went people thought he was Italian.

I'm sorry, they do not look Italian and definately not Austrian to me. I'm sure some do, but the 2 on this flight don't JMO.

Also, it's not just the faces, you have to consider their clothes and their general body structures.

JMO.

I think there is tension.

In an opinion piece last Sunday, the Malay broadsheet’s assistant news editor Ku Seman Ku Hussein aired a belief among conspiracy theorists that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) was to blame for the missing jetliner, fuelling debate on the Umno-led federal government’s role in the aviation industry’s biggest mystery to date.

“He was implying that the CIA might have a hand in MH370,” Segambut MP Lim Lip Eng said, referring to Ku Seman.

“But until now the Malaysian government, the authorities, especially Hishammuddin, have said nothing. So I want Hishammuddin to respond to this assertion by Utusan,” he told reporters at the DAP headquarters here.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...-theory-on-mh370-to-rest#sthash.E5tg8hzJ.dpuf

I think there is tension too. I've read in a few places about their suspicion of the CIA. And it could be some of the reason why Australia is so involved (aside from the search being in our international search zone). We could be acting as a 'bridge' between all these tense countries.

Thank goodness for Angus Houston. He's the man to do it. (Though I think it is tiring him out ... he is looking a little weary in his press appearances of late.)

I saw briefly this on Anderson Cooper, but was not able to watch the show in entirety:

-something about Malaysia military actually tracked the plane in REAL-TIME all the way across the Malay peninsula??? But they never contacted civilian authorities about it, until sometihng like 2 days later?

IDK if this is true or not, but it was on AC tonight.

I am beginning to go stir-crazy.

One day it's one thing, next day completely opposite.

ONE PERSON needs to be in charge of everything concerning the Malaysia part of the investigation - one person to oversee everything, including military. This is ridiculous. Just like Angus Houston is in charge of coordination of all search activities.

IMO, the Malaysia military and the government are not sharing information. And they were both involved in the aftermath of the plane's disapperance. For example, they are now saying Malaysia military actually caught the plane in REAL-TIME but I'm presuming didn't know what was happening and once it moved out of Malaysian airspace, they just forgot about it b/c it was no longer any threat to them. That is understandable I suppose. But now, for investigation purposes, there needs to be ONE PERSON who coordinates ALL of the information b/w different Malay agencies.

JMO.

I saw briefly this on Anderson Cooper, but was not able to watch the show in entirety:

-something about Malaysia military actually tracked the plane in REAL-TIME all the way across the Malay peninsula??? But they never contacted civilian authorities about it, until sometihng like 2 days later?

IDK if this is true or not, but it was on AC tonight.

I am beginning to go stir-crazy.

One day it's one thing, next day completely opposite.

ONE PERSON needs to be in charge of everything concerning the Malaysia part of the investigation - one person to oversee everything, including military. This is ridiculous. Just like Angus Houston is in charge of coordination of all search activities.

IMO, the Malaysia military and the government are not sharing information. And they were both involved in the aftermath of the plane's disapperance. For example, they are now saying Malaysia military actually caught the plane in REAL-TIME but I'm presuming didn't know what was happening and once it moved out of Malaysian airspace, they just forgot about it b/c it was no longer any threat to them. That is understandable I suppose. But now, for investigation purposes, there needs to be ONE PERSON who coordinates ALL of the information b/w different Malay agencies.

JMO.

Two civilian aviation officials said military bureaucracy delayed the sharing of this information, although they gave no precise timeframe for when it was handed over.

“The armed forces knew much earlier that the aircraft could have turned back. That is why the search was expanded to include the Strait of Malacca within a day or two,” said a second senior civilian source, who was familiar with the initial search, referring to the narrow stretch of water between Indonesia and Malaysia, on the western side of the peninsula.

“But the military did not confirm this until much later due to resistance from senior officers, and the government needed to step in. We wasted our time in the South China Sea.”

Government sources have said Prime Minister Najib Razak had to force the military to turn over its raw radar data to investigators during the first week after the flight’s disappearance.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...0-as-nations-searched-wrong-area-sources-say/

Two civilian aviation officials said military bureaucracy delayed the sharing of this information, although they gave no precise timeframe for when it was handed over.

“The armed forces knew much earlier that the aircraft could have turned back. That is why the search was expanded to include the Strait of Malacca within a day or two,” said a second senior civilian source, who was familiar with the initial search, referring to the narrow stretch of water between Indonesia and Malaysia, on the western side of the peninsula.

“But the military did not confirm this until much later due to resistance from senior officers, and the government needed to step in. We wasted our time in the South China Sea.”

Government sources have said Prime Minister Najib Razak had to force the military to turn over its raw radar data to investigators during the first week after the flight’s disappearance.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...0-as-nations-searched-wrong-area-sources-say/

It's a worry when a country's military consider themselves a separate entity to the government. That is coup material! :scared:

I've never had to have my fingerprints or photograph taken when I've flown out of Canada to the US. After I check in and check my bags, I go through US Customs only. I've flown out of Calgary International and Toronto International airports.

Maybe it's a random selection type thing?

Could be
In 2010 I was photographed and digitally fingerprinted at US pre clearance at Toronto-Pearson airport but not when I flew from Montreal-Trudeau airport
but..I was also living in the US at the time of these flights...

It's a worry when a country's military consider themselves a separate entity to the government. That is coup material! :scared:

ITA It sounds like a very unstable situation with, or, without MH370.
Seems like this was the icing on the cake.

Could be
In 2010 I was photographed and digitally fingerprinted at US pre clearance at Toronto-Pearson airport but not when I flew from Montreal-Trudeau airport

I've been to Canada from Australia several times since 9/11, and have never been fingerprint-scanned or photographed at Vancouver or Toronto Pearson airports.

Only the US have scanned/photographed us at the brief Hawaii in-transit stop.

Wonder what their policy is? Not that I mind ... scanning and photographing just makes me grumpy after such a looooong flight! As do many things! :floorlaugh:

Could be

BBM.
That might have been why, then.
AFAIK, American citizens (or citizens with Canadian/US citizenship) are the only ones that go through the fingerprint/photograph process.

Canadians studying or working in the United States will have their fingerprints verified each time they arrive in the country through an airport or seaport. The proposed changes to rules for the US-VISIT program, announced yesterday by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, will not generally apply to land crossings such as the International Bridge. However, Canadians crossing the bridge to Michigan may have their fingerprints checked if their identification documents are questioned. The rules will not apply to Canadians who travel to the U.S. to vacation, shop, or for brief business trips.
From http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=18772

I've been to Canada from Australia several times since 9/11, and have never been fingerprint-scanned or photographed at Vancouver or Toronto Pearson airports.

Only the US have scanned/photographed us at the brief Hawaii in-transit stop.

Wonder what their policy is? Not that I mind ... scanning and photographing just makes me grumpy after such a looooong flight! As do many things! :floorlaugh:

That's right it's the American CBP that does that

mine was taken when I flew to the US from Canada while I was on a Visa and lived in the US

BBM.
That might have been why, then.
AFAIK, American citizens (or citizens with Canadian/US citizenship) are the only ones that go through the fingerprint/photograph process.

Ahh ... that makes sense. As an Aussie, I was a bit concerned about privacy issues when we were scanned/photographed by Homeland Security, even when we weren't 'entering' the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem