Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Them saying the FO made a phone call with his cell phone?

How do they do know? They do not have the phone obviously and we had many discussion of cell phones on this aricraft and it not capable of making calls without pinging a tower.

They don't need the phone, they obtain and check the records from the Cellphone Carrier.

And they are now saying the plane was flying at a lower altitude that it was able to acquire a signal from a cellphone tower....and then lose the signal because the plane flew further away

The Cellphone Carrier would have the information if a phone acquired a signal, or was turned off and turned on and IF a phone call was place...

Them saying the FO made a phone call with his cell phone?

How do they do know? They do not have the phone obviously and we had many discussion of cell phones on this aricraft and it not capable of making calls without pinging a tower.

Ya, I don't know if I believe this either.
Did someone come forward and say they called the FO?

Ya, I don't know if I believe this either.
Did someone come forward and say they called the FO?

NO

There is no verifcation a Phone call was placed

Just that the cellphone was able to acquire a signa (because it was flying at a lower altitude) that the Cellphone was re-attached..which is being reported that it USUALLY means the cellphone was Turned On.

I need to take my dog (and me) for a looooooong walk........
IMO the problem is in the Reporting from the media...:twocents:

I think there is mix up or confusion over WHO or which country or department issued the statements..

Perhaps Interpol or the FBI say everyone is cleared

Perhaps someone in the Malay gov't said they are cleared

BUT...The Malaysian Police are the Lead investigators right?, they have not Cleared everyone so it seems
Is this there way of establishing they are the Lead investigators, they are in charge of this investigation and the official reports will come from them?

I tend to believe what Interpol/FBI/Malaysian gov't said.
The Malaysian police have said a lot of things and then turned around and said they never said that. Too much back and forth for me to believe a lot of what they've been saying.

I tend to believe what Interpol/FBI/Malaysian gov't said.
The Malaysian police have said a lot of things and then turned around and said they never said that. Too much back and forth for me to believe a lot of what they've been saying.

That's for certain

IMO, the Western clothes sold there have very different style and quality, unless you're shopping in the very upscale stores, which even then u can tell a difference in the style. This is what I have seen in some traveling I've done. I would think the same could be said about Latin America, even though many clothes here in US say made in some Latin American country.

The clothes the two Iranians were wearing in the pics were IMO very typical of Western-style clothes worn in those parts.

No, everyone wants clothes sold in US or Europe. Doesn't matter where it states "made in," I'm assuming because US dept stores want only the highest quality, and the rest go to places like Iran, India, etc.. Western clothes sold in US, Canada, Europe are vastly different in quality from Western style clothes sold other places like Middle East.

As for the last part, I said if it's called racial profiling, fine, I was not trying to be PC.

Jmo.

IMO, younger generation Iranians (born and raised post revolution) are much more stylish and westernized than their older counterparts.

I've been around alot of them and trust me, they dress and groom themselves better than most N. Americans.

Pre- 1979 revolution, Tehran was a city like Paris when Shah ran the show.

How to Dress Smart in Iran | Iran Dress Code | Iran Clothing

http://www.letsgoiran.com/women-dress-code/dress-smart-in-iran

Cell phones talk to the network, similar to the handshake or pings of the engines to the satellite.
Basically when you turn the cell phone on (re-attached), it says to the network, hello, i'm here. When you turn your cell phone off by using the power button, it sends a goodbye message saying i'm leaving the network and won't be available.
Now when you run out of battery power or if you pull the battery out and don't power down the phone properly it will not be able to send out that message saying it's no longer available and even though powered down, it will continue to ring when someone calls you and the Network will think your phone is still available. --Which is why some family members may have been calling and hearing the phone ring.

The telephone system is pretty much the same around the world. It is basically just a network and the calls are routed through routers or switches. Whoever the phone provider is out there is able to pull any and all data that goes through the router or switch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ircraft-lost-normal-communication-ground.html

The New Straits Times said it had been told that checks on Fariq's phone history showed that the last person he spoke to was 'one of his regular contacts (a number that frequently appears on his outgoing phone logs.'

That last call, said the paper, was made no more than two hours before the flight took off 12.41am on March 8 from Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
Separate sources told the paper that checks on Fariq's phone showed that connection to the phone when he made that last call before he boarded the plane had been 'detached'.

'This is usually the result of the phone being switched off.

'At one point, however, when the airplane was airborne, between waypoint Igari and the spot near Penang (just before the aircraft went missing from radar), the line was "reattached".'
The paper said that a reattachment does not necessarily meant that a call was made. It could also be the result of the phone being switched on again.

Experts said that it was possible for a mobile phone to be connected to a telecommunications tower at an altitude of 7,000 feet - which is low for a large jet like the Boeing 777 unless it was flying at high speed to maintain height.

I don't know how much of this is true but at this point I am ready to listen to anything about this, but this would make sense if (if) the plane did (did) drop down to that 5000 fett we heard about early one. idk jmo

Wasn't it reported early on that Capt. Shah made the call pre-boarding to a "mistress"?

I wonder what altitude MH370 when his cell power was switched back on at the supposed area they are reporting.

I attached this image from: http://www.duncansteel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/x_3D_2.png

Attachments

• x_3D_2.jpg
    x_3D_2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 10
IMO, younger generation Iranians (born and raised post revolution) are much more stylish and westernized than their older counterparts.

I've been around alot of them and trust me, they dress and groom themselves better than most N. Americans.

Pre- 1979 revolution, Tehran was a city like Paris when Shah ran the show.

How to Dress Smart in Iran | Iran Dress Code | Iran Clothing

http://www.letsgoiran.com/women-dress-code/dress-smart-in-iran

To me regardless of how the guys were dressed they still looked middle eastern. their features, their complexions, and their hair. I wonder why the one young man did not know he could not wear shorts. The travel agent lol should have told him. And what was the point in photo shopping the picture to make him appear not to have on shorts. Who was that picture for and who was going to see it? Did they have pictures of all the passengers boarding the plane? jmo

Wasn't it reported early on that Capt. Shah made the call pre-boarding to a "mistress"?

I wonder what altitude MH370 when his cell power was switched back on at the supposed area they are reporting.

I attached this image from: http://www.duncansteel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/x_3D_2.png

Just to reiterate... this is the supposed area. Thank you for the map again. Wonder if both end point are too far away from a tower, narrowing down the area?

"This is usually the result of the phone being switched off. At one point, however, when the airplane was airborne, between waypoint Igari and the spot near Penang (just before it went missing from radar), the line was 'reattached'.
http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/call-traced-to-co-pilot-s-phone-1.562612

I think the 'mistress' thing may be untrue, not sure about the reporting on the call or burn phone though.

As for the last part, I said if it's called racial profiling, fine, I was not trying to be PC.

Jmo.

Fair enough. I just don’t think that racial profiling is a useful tool for air travel investigations, especially in/for places like North America and Europe.

Just to reiterate... this is the supposed area. Thank you for the map again. Wonder if both end point are too far away from a tower, narrowing down the area?

http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/call-traced-to-co-pilot-s-phone-1.562612

I think the 'mistress' thing may be untrue, not sure about the reporting on the call or burn phone though.

It's my opinion that the word "missing" does not mean disappeared. It's my opinion that it means it is out of the range of radar.
It's also my opinion that is why there are two arcs and not a continuous arc, the void in the center is where other radars were/had tracked it, but once it goes out of range it's gone, missing. jmo idk

The New Straits Times said it had been told checks on Fariq's phone history showed that the last person he spoke to was 'one of his regular contacts - 'a number that frequently appears on his outgoing phone logs'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2603075/Co-pilot-missing-flight-
MH370-desperate-call-mobile-phone-AFTER-aircraft-lost-normal-communication-ground.html#ixzz2ygjj1aBg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BBM

Was it his fiance? A family member? A regular contact could mean many things. IMO

The report is missing some information....

When the plane went missing from Radar at 1:21am Malaysia ATC was not aware of it until they were notified by Vietnam ATC after they (and another 777 in flight at 1:30am) tried unsuccessfully to contact 370

Now I thought, Vietnam ATC contacted Malaysia ATC at 1:40AM to notify them 370 was missing but I can't find that info right now...about 20 mins after they lost contact with MH370.

If the 1:40am time is correct then it took 20mins before Malaysia ATC contacted Malaysia Military to inform them the plane was missing

BBM ~ Is 20 minutes reasonable though? The what Malaysian military could not or did not contact Indonesia?

Until MH370 is found, i'm going to be puzzled by this.

MH370 was a massive plane, flying in the middle of the night, and no one was able to get to it? Or did they? :scared:

That's true that you can't really assume someone's nationality from appearance any more with modern people being so mobile. But I do think there should be some kind of check for stolen passports, I would not want my country or community to acquire the reputation for being a lawless one, that never leads to anything good as far as I can see.

People from the Middle East can have a lot of different skin tones too. I have an uncle (by marriage) who is Lebanese and although he has black hair and slightly Semetic (in the being from the Middle East sense) features his skin is lighter than mine (I'm mostly a mix of Dutch, French, Alsatian, German and Irish).

Exaclly, and I think that Malaysians know all the Malaysians and Chinese people as see others as foreigners.

JMO.

I would think that it is the Malaysian LE that have not cleared all the passengers. Obviously nothing has shown up as red flags at this point regarding the passengers, nothing from the US, nothing from China, Iranians seem to check out as nothing suspicious (since this appears to be a common way for Iranians to get out of Iran) and the remaining passengers all have been checked. Even the cargo is suspect at this point. jmo

BBM ~ Who knows maybe there was "passengers" in the cargo. :dunno:

The New Straits Times said it had been told checks on Fariq's phone history showed that the last person he spoke to was 'one of his regular contacts - 'a number that frequently appears on his outgoing phone logs'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2603075/Co-pilot-missing-flight-
MH370-desperate-call-mobile-phone-AFTER-aircraft-lost-normal-communication-ground.html#ixzz2ygjj1aBg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BBM

Was it his fiance? A family member? A regular contact could mean many things. IMO

I don't know where it is at now, but I believe his sister said if he called someone it was probably his mom... not sure why it couldn't also be his fiancee

BBM ~ Who knows maybe there was "passengers" in the cargo. :dunno:

Omg ElleElle. Never thought of that. :floorlaugh:

It happen once where I lived, miles from JFK. The person fell out of the cargo area and landed in a parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weskerwife