Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been posted already but I've just discovered it - surely not true?!
An email received by the Mail recently suggested that the aircraft had been hijacked and that the pilots had been ordered to fly around Malaysian and Indonesian air space while negotiations were carried out.
Those negotiations, said the email - from a source in Malaysia which could not be verified - demanded the dropping of a jail sentence imposed on Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim.
The hijackers, said the email, gave government negotiators five hours to meet their demands or the plane would be destroyed.
Last night Malaysia's Acting Transport Minister said he could not comment on the report in the New Straits Times adding that 'if it is true, we would have known about it much earlier.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ormal-communication-ground.html#ixzz2yhFVsZMu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm sure this has been posted already but I've just discovered it - surely not true?!
An email received by the Mail recently suggested that the aircraft had been hijacked and that the pilots had been ordered to fly around Malaysian and Indonesian air space while negotiations were carried out.
Those negotiations, said the email - from a source in Malaysia which could not be verified - demanded the dropping of a jail sentence imposed on Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim.
The hijackers, said the email, gave government negotiators five hours to meet their demands or the plane would be destroyed.
Last night Malaysia's Acting Transport Minister said he could not comment on the report in the New Straits Times adding that 'if it is true, we would have known about it much earlier.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ormal-communication-ground.html#ixzz2yhFVsZMu

I read that about an hour ago but wasn't sure whether it had been posted.

Strange thing is, within a day or so of the disappearance there were similar rumors. Jmo because if there are links they're either long gone or might be somewhere in the first thread or two here.

Interesting. This was my initial theory on flight 370. Would explain why Malaysia has been so negligent in sharing information.

I think reports are just saying his phone connected somewhere going back across Malaysia, not that he made a phone call. That could mean he or someone turned his phone on for some reason, may or may not be for a call? There is also another call being reported before the plane took off, I think that is the one you are referring to?

Or he turned his phone to airplane mode and then turned it off.
I don't think any calls were made AFTER the plane took off. IIRC the plane was not equipped with the mobile service.
The only call that was apparently made was from Shah and that was when the plane was still on the runway before taxi and takeoff.

Wasn't it reported early on that Capt. Shah made the call pre-boarding to a "mistress"?

I wonder what altitude MH370 when his cell power was switched back on at the supposed area they are reporting.

I attached this image from: http://www.duncansteel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/x_3D_2.png

BBM
NO

What was reported was that a cellphone was purchased by a woman using a false identity...

from that the speculation ran rampant that she must be a mistress...if it was reported that she was a mistress then IMO it was the media spreading an unsubstantiated claim

Also, We have no idea if the alleged phone call the Captain received before take off was from this mystery woman or a male...just because a woman purchased the phone does not mean she made the alleged phone call.

:twocents:

Mixed heritage is not that unusual in Europe. I'm in the UK, and I have a neighbour who is half Iranian, on his mother's side, and looks it. But his name is British, he was born here, and nothing on his passport other than his appearance would signal that ancestry. And I don't think the Malaysian officials are the fashion police.

If it means possibly preventing a terrorist from getting into a country to do nefarious deeds, I want the officals to be fashion police or whatever is needed of them. I just want them to actually think rather than just putting a stamp on.

JMO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ircraft-lost-normal-communication-ground.html

The New Straits Times said it had been told that checks on Fariq's phone history showed that the last person he spoke to was 'one of his regular contacts (a number that frequently appears on his outgoing phone logs.'

That last call, said the paper, was made no more than two hours before the flight took off 12.41am on March 8 from Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
Separate sources told the paper that checks on Fariq's phone showed that connection to the phone when he made that last call before he boarded the plane had been 'detached'.

'This is usually the result of the phone being switched off.

'At one point, however, when the airplane was airborne, between waypoint Igari and the spot near Penang (just before the aircraft went missing from radar), the line was "reattached".'
The paper said that a reattachment does not necessarily meant that a call was made. It could also be the result of the phone being switched on again.

Experts said that it was possible for a mobile phone to be connected to a telecommunications tower at an altitude of 7,000 feet - which is low for a large jet like the Boeing 777 unless it was flying at high speed to maintain height.

I don't know how much of this is true but at this point I am ready to listen to anything about this, but this would make sense if (if) the plane did (did) drop down to that 5000 fett we heard about early one. idk jmo

I don't know what to believe anymore. This is big news, that's why I'm very wary of believing it. I just don't know anymore.

Personally, I don't blame the families what they're expressing of how they feel of how officials are handling this.

It's one thing to just stay silent - it's another to put out some "verified" and "confirmed" information one day, and then 2 weeks later change it to something entirely different.

JMO.

Well, someone disabled communications and zig-zagged waypoints. Auto-pilot doesn't fit again. :banghead:

ACARS would have been disabled anyways because any Malaysia Airlines flights to China have communications disabled. Not sure if that would include the transponder though.

The zig-zagging is a little odd, though.... :waitasec:

Oh great....check out this link and click on the "Erase" switch at the bottom on the Cockpit Voice Recorder.

This is a really cool link that allows us to see what all the switches do in the cockpit. I dont like the sound of the "Erase" switch on the Voice Recorder. Ive been trying to find if there is a similar switch OFF or Erase on the Data Recorder but have not been able to find that one yet.

http://www.meriweather.com/flightdeck/777/aft/main-r.html

The New Straits Times said it had been told checks on Fariq's phone history showed that the last person he spoke to was 'one of his regular contacts - 'a number that frequently appears on his outgoing phone logs'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2603075/Co-pilot-missing-flight-
MH370-desperate-call-mobile-phone-AFTER-aircraft-lost-normal-communication-ground.html#ixzz2ygjj1aBg

BBM

Was it his fiance? A family member? A regular contact could mean many things. IMO

That's right...
Could be his mother, a sibling, a close friend, girlfriend...

WE all have 'regular contacts' on our phones don't we? a spouse, our children, our significant other, our parents, siblings, close friends etc..

From your link:

Sounds like mechanical failure is no longer an option.

Khalid had also said the crew were among the main "subjects of the investigations".
Their probe had been focused on four possible areas -- hijack, sabotage, as well as personal and psychological problems.

Read more: Call traced to co-pilot's phone - General - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/call-traced-to-co-pilot-s-phone-1.562612#ixzz2yg9MfU76
BBM

That is, if these reports are factual regarding his phone call. However, could there not still be some type of mechanical problem that would have disabled the crew's ability to communicate from the plane? Perhaps there was some emergency on board that would cause the pilot to want to use up the fuel and fly over the ocean so as not to crash on land and kill those on the ground? Just more thoughts trying to exonerate the crew.

MOO

Right that is the point. He switched it off at takeoff time while on the tarmac but then he had to have switched his phone back on at some point before the "reconnect" at the lower altitude. A VERY Suspicious action to me because he should have been flying the airplane and not worrying about his cell phone.

Electronics only need to be turned off during take off and landing. Once the plane has reached cruising altitude, electronics can be turned back on. If the plane did go from 35 000 to 45 000 and then down to 5 000, he could have turned his phone on to try and get a message out that there was an issue.

Him turning his phone on doesn't strike me as odd, because the plane would have been on autopilot (or should have been). A lot of pilots use their electronic devices when the plane is auto-pilot. Not that I agree with it, since the pilot is distracted...

That's right...
Could be his mother, a sibling, a close friend, girlfriend...

WE all have 'regular contacts' on our phones don't we? a spouse, our children, our significant other, our parents, siblings, close friends etc..

Yes, they (media) make the word "contact" sound nefarious in itself.

BBM

That is, if these reports are factual regarding his phone call. However, could there not still be some type of mechanical problem that would have disabled the crew's ability to communicate from the plane? Perhaps there was some emergency on board that would cause the pilot to want to use up the fuel and fly over the ocean so as not to crash on land and kill those on the ground? Just more thoughts trying to exonerate the crew.

MOO

I feel there was a mechanical issue that affected the plane's communications.
Since the pilots couldn't talk to ATC to request an emergency landing point, they decided to just fly the plane over the ocean until it eventually crashed. By doing that, only the 239 on board died, as opposed to them and those on land.

:dunno:

BBM

MOO

"Khalid had also said the crew were among the main "subjects of the investigations".
Their probe had been focused on four possible areas -- hijack, sabotage, as well as personal and psychological problems."

ITA However, the statement is in regard to the criminal investigation. Not just a specific phone call. Being that the crew were among the main subjects of the investigation. I take the reports regarding phone calls and cell phone contact with a grain of salt. Actually, at this point, I take every report with a grain of salt.

BBM ~ Is 20 minutes reasonable though? The what Malaysian military could not or did not contact Indonesia?

Until MH370 is found, i'm going to be puzzled by this.

MH370 was a massive plane, flying in the middle of the night, and no one was able to get to it? Or did they? :scared:

:seeya:

IMO
Once Malaysia ATC was informed by Vietnam ATC that the plane was missing from radar they should have, IMO, immediately contacted the Airline and the Military and Gov't...

Malaysia says their protocol is 15 mins BUT in this case there was a delay because the plane was in another countries airspace..

So should Vietnam also have notified their Military when they could not communicate with MH370?

If the military was informed before 2:00am it, IMO, would have given them extra precious minutes to check their radars and try and locate an unidentified blip..

But these missteps is something that IMO will plague Malaysia for a long time.

:twocents:

I feel there was a mechanical issue that affected the plane's communications.
Since the pilots couldn't talk to ATC to request an emergency landing point, they decided to just fly the plane over the ocean until it eventually crashed. By doing that, only the 239 on board died, as opposed to them and those on land.

:dunno:

JMO
I seriously doubt they would not try some sort of emergency landing even if they did not have radio contact. Surely they would not just kill everyone just because they had no radio communication. There was another airstrip that the pilot knew about that had little to no traffic. It was that island airstrip we talked about and he had it on his simulator. He could have easily chose to use that one even if no radios.

JMO
I seriously doubt they would not try some sort of emergency landing even if they did not have radio contact. Surely they would not just kill everyone just because they had no radio communication. There was another airstrip that the pilot knew about that had little to no traffic. It was that island airstrip we talked about and he had it on his simulator. He could have easily chose to use that one even if no radios.

Plus they had phones. Surely could have gotten close to towers and low enough to have the pilot call in a distress call. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018