Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, with this latest news that the co-captain tried to make a phone call, we can assume the plane had descended to a much lower level, as reported earlier, but more important he was still alive.

Yes, someone else could have been using.his phone but since the report says a regular number called, I have to believe it was the co-pilot. Hmmm"......

Playing Devil's Advocate

I only agree with the part that he or someone else was alive to turn the cellphone on

There is no confirmation that a call was made...the report is coming from "sources"

The co-pilots cellphone connected with a tower, it re-established or re-attached to the network...

http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/call-traced-to-co-pilot-s-phone-1.562612

A different set of sources close to the investigations told the NST that checks on Fariq's phone showed that connection to the phone had been "detached" before the plane took off.

"This is usually the result of the phone being switched off.

At one point, however, when the airplane was airborne, between waypoint Igari and the spot near Penang (just before it went missing from radar), the line was 'reattached'.

"A 'reattachment' does not necessarily mean that a call was made. It can also be the result of the phone being switched on again," the sources said.

:twocents:

JMO
Its becoming more and more suspicous that one of the pilots did something to his plane. Here is why that phone re-connect sounds suspicous to me.

When they boarded the plane it was said it was "diconnected" right before takeoff and that means it was purposely turned off most likely since they had not left airport and signal would still be available.

Then when it flew really low all of a sudden it reconnects signal so that tells me he had to have turned on phone again himself at some point during the flight. Maybe he had planned on flying low to make a critical call to one of his cohorts on the ground or something along those lines.

The fact that he turned his phone back on and got a signal when flying low just adds more suspicion to me about one of the pilots being involved with this flight disappearing.

You could very well be right Hatfield

Allow me to play Devil's Advocate on this one....
There is no proof that the co-pilot turned his cellphone ON..Only that "Someone" may have turned the cellphone ON.

JMO
I seriously doubt they would not try some sort of emergency landing even if they did not have radio contact. Surely they would not just kill everyone just because they had no radio communication. There was another airstrip that the pilot knew about that had little to no traffic. It was that island airstrip we talked about and he had it on his simulator. He could have easily chose to use that one even if no radios.

Maybe they tried to land and something went wrong.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar had, on April 2, said they had "obtained some clues" on what might have happened to the flight, based on the statements recorded from 176 people. This number has climbed to 205 as of yesterday.

Khalid had also said the crew were among the main "subjects of the investigations".

Read more: Call traced to co-pilot's phone - General - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/call-traced-to-co-pilot-s-phone-1.562612#ixzz2yhWVlGQ6

they need to check every passenger's cell phone carriers for the same type of "reconnect" signal if their service provider picked up a "roaming" reconnect to whatever towers would be in the alleged flight path when they were at the supposedly lower altitude. this may not provide a whole lot of information but it could help confirm the plane's exact location at a specific point in time. They would know what tower it was pinging off of.

i am sure at least a few people may have left their phones on, although most people follow the rules of flight and may have turned them off per stewardess instructions. But if anybody on that plane began to know something bad was happening to the plane, then some of the passengers probably turned on their phones.

I Agree!!

I find it interesting that some articles in the Malay papers are in English, while, a few are in Malay. I translated one using google translate, and....SURPRISE...the transport minister denies the reports about the co-pilot's cell phone.

You could very well be right Hatfield

Allow me to play Devil's Advocate on this one....
There is no proof that the co-pilot turned his cellphone ON..Only that "Someone" may have turned the cellphone ON.

Or, he turned it on and someone else disconnected it immediately...

It's the continued flying that is so puzzling...

IF they tried to land I think we would have found the plane, either in the water or on land, closer to Malaysia and Indonesia.
But it traveled for another few hours.

Pilots purposely avoiding people, buildings, + houses is typically only done when the plane is in dire emergency and in the process of going down for sure and cannot make an airport landing strip. Like the ditch in the Hudson River.

Since they had all this flight time over the ocean, they had plenty of time to try for an emergency crash landing somewhere if they wanted to. Even if no landing gear or whatever the reason, a crash landing would have been attempted if they wanted to. There are numerous examples of crash landings where people come out safely. Mainly with landing gear issues.

And not only that, if they were going to ditch in the ocean, they surely would have chosen to be closer to shore line to be able to try to get help from people on shore. They would not have chosen to be so far in the middle of the ocean 600 or more miles away from shore..

IMO they obviously did not want to land that plane safely and did not want help from anyone. If the Perth location is correct that is. And if whoever was piloting the craft was still at the controls consious.

IF they tried to land I think we would have found the plane, either in the water or on land, closer to Malaysia and Indonesia.

Yes, that is puzzling.
Not that this entire case isn't!

I find it interesting that some articles in the Malay papers are in English, while, a few are in Malay. I translated one using google translate, and....SURPRISE...the transport minister denies the reports about the co-pilot's cell phone.

I can't blame him for denying something that he has no confirmation or verification of..

The media report claims 'sources' have told them this..and then the story runs claiming the co-pilot made a Desperate call from mid flight...

How does this source know that a Call was placed and that it was a desperate call?
What we have is a cellphone that reconnected with a tower...phone turned ON or Airplane Mode disabled

IMO, By claiming it was a desperate call infers that verbal communication was made and the person receiving the call could be the only one to state the call was desperate...

I think I need a strong Espresso right about now..LOL

I feel there was a mechanical issue that affected the plane's communications.
Since the pilots couldn't talk to ATC to request an emergency landing point, they decided to just fly the plane over the ocean until it eventually crashed. By doing that, only the 239 on board died, as opposed to them and those on land.

:dunno:

Exactly. That would also explain the low altitude in order to attempt to use one's cell phone.

MOO

Right that is the point. He switched it off at takeoff time while on the tarmac but then he had to have switched his phone back on at some point before the "reconnect" at the lower altitude. A VERY Suspicious action to me because he should have been flying the airplane and not worrying about his cell phone.

OR, he may have been locked out of the cockpit by that time and the turn had been made and all other communication was switched off, so he was trying to report the event when he realized how low the plane was flying ..........maybe JMO

The crew always has to be one of the main areas of investigation, Imo. That is not surprising. As far as passengers, how can anyone or anything ever be ruled unless mystery is solved? So they have to stay in the mix too. Jmo

That is the most curious part regarding the possibility of an electrical or mechanical problem. Even though it makes sense to avoid crashing on land, the pilot could have attempted a water landing closer to shoreline. So many issues with different theories, nothing makes sense.
:banghead:

MOO

I thought it was said back a bit that if it run out of gas unattended one engine would stop first which would then cause the plane to go off of the straight direction it was traveling and that would then cause it to crash versus land softly with a pilot at the controls. jmo idk

Another thing that just occurred to me is that we know that the captain had a cell phone with him but there is no evidence so far reported that HE tried to call anyone after departure. If all communication systems were shut down HE could have tried to call out to report a problem while the plane was at such a reportedly LOW altitude. I was hoping it wasn't Shah that caused this horror, but I think it was. JMO

Oh great....check out this link and click on the "Erase" switch at the bottom on the Cockpit Voice Recorder.

This is a really cool link that allows us to see what all the switches do in the cockpit. I dont like the sound of the "Erase" switch on the Voice Recorder. Ive been trying to find if there is a similar switch OFF or Erase on the Data Recorder but have not been able to find that one yet.

http://www.meriweather.com/flightdeck/777/aft/main-r.html

Sorry to quote my own message but this is really fascinating since this is the same type of plane that disappeared. The link below is better because it gives you the better cockpit view of all the panels of switches and controls.

http://www.meriweather.com/flightdeck/777/deck-777.html

You can then put your cursor over any part of the cockpit to bring up a brief description of that particular control board. Then left click on that area and it will bring up just that section of controls. Then left-click on the individual switch and it displays information about that particular switch/control.

To get rid of the box of information about the particular swtich, just double-click on the information box.

Its pretty neat. I still cant find the Data Recorder controls though. But I did find the ADIRU controls and that is some scary stuff it controls.

I also found this plane incident below that happened to be a 777 that had an ADIRU failure on a flight from (you guessed it) Perth to Kuala Lumpur. Its a long read but that is some scary stuff and you can see how the pilots could have trouble with all these switches and computers.

"on 1 August 2005, a Boeing Company 777-200 aircraft, (B777) registered 9M-MRG, was being operated on a scheduled international passenger service from Perth to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia."

http://www.atsb.gov.au/media/24550/aair200503722_001.pdf

Is there something that could make the pilot lose all communication abilities but still keep the plane flying? I've never heard of that before. I guess being locked out of the cockpit?

Or the co-pilot was freaking out at the pilot's actions or at something wrong with plane so tried to call out?

or vice versa but as far as we know, it was co pilot calling out, or at least trying to contact a cell tower. We don't know who started out in the drivers seat but it seems as though co pilot was originally, because it was captain shah who signed off with Malaysia........... but possibly, co pilot was already locked out by the time of the sign-off. See what I mean? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018